Where Will I Be When I Wake up Next to a Stranger

I Can Make Your Heart Slow

The next day, just like she promised her little Amity, they both took a mommy and Amity day. After breakfast at an IHOP off of North Halsted Street, they both took a cab to Horner Park, where Amity ran off and played with all the other children as small as her. Katherine sat on a bench, listening to her iPod and gazed around the park. Complicated by Avril Lavigne started playing as Katherine silently laughed to herself.

“Mommy mommy, look at me!” She heard Amity call as she slid down a slide.
“I see that Amity, that was good.” She encouraged her daughter as Amity ran up the steps to slide down again.

Katherine looked down momentarily to change the song to The Middle by Jimmy Eat World but when she looked back up, Amity was nowhere in sight. Instinctively, she did what any mother would do and began to panic. She called out her name as she searched frantically through all the small children to find her. As she checked all around the playground, she spotted Amity not too far from the playground.

“Mommy come look at this puppy!” She called as Katherine ran over to her.
“Oh my god Amity don’t you ever do that again please. You scared me half to death.” Katherine lightly scolded as she hugged Amity close to her.
“But mommy this puppy is so cute.” She smiled childishly as she continued petting the animal.

Katherine then noticed there was a man standing there holding the leash to the puppy and she stood.

“I’m sorry.” She started as she didn’t look at the man and put her iPod away.
“It’s fine.” He replied as she swore she knew that voice.

And with one look at Peter Wentz, her heart slowed and it seemed as if it was hard to breath.

“I had no idea you had a puppy.” Katherine smiled at him as he smiled back.
“I didn’t either…Till this morning.” Peter said, making Katherine laugh.
“What’d you name him?” Amity asked as she continued petting the dog.
“I think I’m going to go with Hemingway.” Peter nodded to himself, suddenly agreeing to the name that just stuck.
“Ernest Hemingway. Nice.” Katherine noted as she moved hair out of her face.
“Hemingway.” Amity repeated as the puppy laid on his side, and she started to pet his belly.
“Amity darling, this is Peter.” Katherine turned her daughter’s attention to the man with the puppy.
“Peener!” Amity giggled to herself as Katherine’s face felt hot with embarrassment.

Pete just laughed, and nodded.

“She’s cute.” He stated as Amity said thank you in a small voice.

As they both just stood there quietly, glancing at the ground, and then at each other, Pete decided to bring up his next show.

“Well Fall Out Boy has another show this week, on Friday.” He casually started as Katherine was actually, very interested.
“Do you guys really, where at?” She asked as Pete continued to tell her it would be at the Hard Rock Café at 7:30 P.M.
“Hmm, I’ll try and be there, how’s that?” She told him as he smiled.
“I can bring Jonathon, and you two could meet. You’d like him.” Katherine said as Pete raised an eyebrow.
“Would he like me?” He questioned as Katherine laughed and said that he would.
“Well then it’s a done deal.” Peter confirmed as Katherine nodded.

As it came to another silence, Katherine decided it would be best to break away from him, before she blurted out something stupid, since she was used to doing that kind of stuff.

“I guess we should get going, huh Amity?” Katherine asked her daughter, hoping she’d agree, but Amity just looked at her mother and looked at the puppy, and shook her head.
“You can see the puppy another time sweetie, let’s go see grandpa now.” Katherine said gently, tugging her away.
“It was nice seeing you again Peter. And I’ll for sure try and go to that show.” She said casually as he smiled and waved goodbye to her and Amity.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's another short one >.<.
Crap.
I will TRY and make these longer some time.
I promise.