To Be Careless Is to Be Reckless

Chapter 1

Where do I begin? First off, my name is Destiny. Destiny Elizabeth Renee Lopez. I'm from Belleville, New Jersey. I live with my mom, Lexi Lopez, and my brother, Nicholas Lopez. I'm 16 years old. My dad..........

I threw down my pencil and groaned. I hated these stupid autobiographical essays. I hated anything to do with my..... Father. My parents split when I was five and a half, and I have a lot of suppressed memories. I only know that his name is Frank... that's all. My mom gave me her maiden name when they split, so I don't know what it used to be. My brother, Nick, doesn't even have Frank's last name. I refuse to let Mama tell me about Frank, and Nicky doesn't really care, either. I want nothing to do with someone who hurt my mom so much.

Now, I have no clue as to what to do with the essay. Probably just going to toss it and take another F. Doesn't bother me.

"Destiny! Come here please!" Mama called.

I bounded down the stairs to find her at the foot of them. Even though she's 36, I swear she looks as young as 26, and as gorgeous as always.

"Yes, Mama?"

"I need to talk to you, honey."

We walked into the living room and sat down.

"I just got off the phone with Hailey, and she told me that they'll be home soon."

I grinned. I loved Aunt Hailey and Uncle Gerard. They were both immense fun.

"That's awesome! I can't wait!"

"But... your father's coming back to Belleville as well."

I stared at her blankly.

"So?"

Mama sighed.

"Dessie, I know he's put all three of us through a lot, but don't you think it's time you gave him a second chance? He misses you, babydoll."

I laughed.

"Mama, if he misses me so much, then why no phone calls or visits since I was six, hmm? And you gave him a million chances, and look what happened. All you got was a broken heart."

She winced.

"And two beautiful children, Destiny. Never forget that he's the reason I am blessed with you and Nicholas."

I shrugged.

"Why not? I forgot everything else about him. Mom, in my mind... It's like he doesn't even exist."
♠ ♠ ♠
wewt!

Chapter 1 of sequel completed!

It will definitely take me longer to post on this story, because the first Frank fanfic was all written down on paper when I started posting it.

Now there's possibilities of broken computers (check, I'm on a friend's as of this moment), writers' block, destructive animals, destructive little brothers...

But don't worry. I'll get it up if it's the last thing I do!

Comments and subscriptions just might help this. :D

<333
:]]