To Be Careless Is to Be Reckless

Chapter 3

Destiny

I looked at this odd man who said he knew my mother. He didn't look too old, about my mom's age, and he had tattoos and piercings. He looked like my kind of person.

"So, how do you know Mama?" I asked.

He ran a hand through his hair. He seemed kinda nervous.

"Uh, we're old childhood friends. Uhm, would you mind giving her my number? I'm back in town, and we have a lot of catching up to do."

I nodded.

"So, do you have any brothers or sisters?" he asked as he scribbled his number down on a napkin.

"Mmmhmm, my brother, Nicky. He kinda looks like you, actually. Black hair, hazel eyes. How... odd."

Frank gulped and handed me the napkin.

"Thanks. I'll, uh, I'll see you around, kid."

With that, he shoved his hands in his pockets and briskly walked away. That man was really weird.

When I got home, I found Mama at the kitchen table helping Nicky with some homework. "Hi, babydoll. How was lunch with Kimmie?"

Kimmie was my best friend.

"It was great. I ran into someone in front of the coffee shop- literally. He said he knows you and wanted me to give you his phone number."

"Oh? Who was he?"

"Said his name was Frank."

Mama's face paled and she gripped her pen so tightly, her knuckled turned white.

"Nicky, why don't you go up to your room and practice your guitar?"

"Okay!"

When Nick was gone, she gestured toward the empty chair. I sat down and looked at her.

"What's wrong, Mama?"

"Des, you don't know who that man was, do you?" she asked.

"Nope. Should I?"

She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Did he have a nose and lip ring? Tattoos on his arms, neck, and 'halloween' on his hands?"

I nodded.

Mama took a deep breath and sighed.

"Sweetheart, that man was your father."
♠ ♠ ♠
OooooOOOoooh.

lol.

Hope you liked it. Imma go try to post chapter 4 up, too.

So gimme some comments and subscriptions to munch on while I do so, ehh?

<333

:]]