To Be Careless Is to Be Reckless

Chapter 30

Destiny

The Bean was pretty much deserted today, and it was these kind of days that I loved the most. I could sit at a booth way in the back, have my coffee in peace and quiet, and no one would bother me. Plus, my mom had sent me away while she got Nick from our Grandma Rosalina's house and brought him back home. I was glad to avoid that tornado of anger. AS I was waiting in line, the customer in front of me turned to walk away, and I realized it was Frank.

'You have got to be kidding me,' I thought.

"Oh, uhm... hey, Dessie, I didn't see you there. How are you?"

I rolled my eyes.

"It's Destiny. And I'm fne, thanks."

Frank awkwardly shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

"Oh, uh... Okay. How's your mom?"

I raised an eyebrow.

"Why're you asking me? Aren't you guys dating? I mean, don't you talk to her, like, everyday?"

He sadly shook his head.

"I haven't seen, heard from, or talked to her in almost a month, since the dinner at your house."

I made a silent 'O' with my lips.

"Am... am I really that much of a disgrace, Destiny?"

The hurt in his voice and the pain in his eyes tugged violently at my heart. I sighed.

"Disgrace? No.. Flake? Yes. Dad, I know why you left, and what you led Mama to believe. I understand that you were hurt by her not trusting you, and that you thought we'd be better off without you. You were wrong, because it ended up hurting us in the long run anyway. But now, you have a chance to redeem yourself, and I suggest that you'd better get started. I love you, Dad, don't think otherwise. But I hate what you did to us."

He nodded, and I hugged him.

"I'll see you soon, Doodlebug. I love you, too," he said, and then left.

I hoped that everything would be over soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 30, down and done! Sorry it took me so long to put it up. I've had the whole sequel written on paper for a while now, I just haven't got around to typing it up yet. Sorry! So, there's only 3 more chapters left to this, and then it's done! The entire Frank series and sequel. I've enjoyed writing it, and I do it now not only for me, but for YOU, the reader too. I don't care if there's only one or two of you, as long as you enjoy reading it. Thank you, and I appreciate it. :]]