To Be Careless Is to Be Reckless

Chapter 9

{b]Frank

I knew it was going to be very hard to talk to Lexi. We used to be joined at the hip, as well as the heart, so much in love... and now? It's like we're meeting for the very first time.

"Lexi, why doesn't Destiny remember anything about me?" I asked.

"Well, it was really hard on her to lose you. The therapists say that to a child, it feels like it's their fault a parent left, like they're not good enough. It's very traumatizing, so a child tends to push out every memory that brings them grief and lock it away. In Dessie's case, you were that memory."

I sadly nodded.

"You know you can fix this, Frank. You can be an amazing father to your children. All you have to do is try."

"I know, Lexi. I know. I just wish... I wish I had another chance with you, too."

Lexi's expression softened a bit.

"Frank, please, let's not discuss this right now."

"I just wish I'd been a better husband for you. I thought we were made for one another, you know."

"Frank, please! I don't want to talk about this right now!"

I got up from where I'd been sitting and walked over to Lexi, my face mere inched from hers.

"Lexi, we've avoided each other for 10 damn years. We're not getting any younger. Do you think we can afford to avoid it any longer?" I whispered.

I looked into her eyes like I'd done years before, and felt exactly the same as I did when we were 19. People fuck up. It's in their nature. I knew I should've been a better husband, but now I'm gonna find a way to make up for it.

"I... I... I..." Lexi stammered.

"I didn't think so."

I crushed my lips against hers, and fireworks burst behind my eyelids, my lungs shut down, and my aching heart began to warm.

"Frank, we shouldn't be doing this," Lexi said against my lips.

"I don't care."

Lexi pulled away.

"We can't do this. It's not right. I don't want the children to get any ideas."

I reluctantly nodded. she was right.

"Fine. But I'm going to call you, and we will continue this later. Tell Dessie to call me later."

I kissed her again and left.

Little did I know that I'd just opened a can of worms that should've stayed on the shelf.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo hoo!

Chaptah 9-- complete!

Move along to Chaptah 10, hmm?

And make sure to leave a trail of comments and subscriptions so I can find my way back to the 'add a chapter' button, 'kay? :D

<333

:]]