When You're Feeling Kinda Gorgeous

05

“So where’s the surprise?” Danielle said.

“Look at this,” said Joanie, pointing towards the bed.

“They said it was snapped in half, I was expecting that.” Said Romeo.

“But it’s only the headboard that is snapped and it bends in towards the bed,”

“As if someone was holding onto it and someone was pulling on them, forcing the headboard to bend,” Danielle finished Joanie’s sentence.

“Exactly!” she said, “I’m going to tell them that their friend struggles for his life,”

She left the room and the door clicked shut.

“She has the worst eye for detail,” stated Danielle.

Romeo just raised his eyebrow, searching the room a little more.

“The sheets are blue, but why would he need to sleep? And change the sheets?” she asked.

“How can you tell they’re changed?” he asked.

“Bleach stain,” she pointed to a spot on the sheets, “and if they were the same ones from when Luminor was taken, they would be moved around. Search for the sheets, they were hiding something.”

Romeo went off to the other end of the room has Danielle looked under the bed and in the drawers.

They could hear Joanie talking to the four worried boys in the other room.

Danielle heard a soft crunch underneath her foot.

She lifted it off the object and saw a crumpled piece of paper.

“Anything else?” asked Joanie walking into the room.

Danielle quickly shoved the paper in her sweater pocket.

“Nope, not yet.” She lied.

“Hey Danielle, get a load of this,” Romeo walked out holding a set of white sheets.

You could barely tell they were white because of the massive blood stain that consumed the blanket.

Joanie covered her mouth in utter shocked.

This obviously wasn’t just a struggle to be free, it was more of a fight.

“Don’t tell them,” Danielle said to Joanie as she inched towards the door.

“Why not?” she asked in a hushed tone.

“They’ll think he’s dead,” Danielle said.

“They need to know everything we find!” she protested.

Danielle quickly put her hand in her pocket to try and hide the paper even more,

“It’s a lot of blood,” Romeo stated, “With this much blood loss, he should be dead,”

“Or dying!” she said.

“Quiet!” whispered Romeo.

“Better dying, then dead.” Danielle said, walking out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Joanie is next!
She's graduating soon, so hopefully soon!

Living is just a waste of Death
danielle