Status: Draft is being written.

If My Heart Had A Face, It Would Be Smiling

Happy New Year

I strolled along the crowded streets of Hogsmeade. New Years was always a busy time. The same faces from the Christmas crowd always rolled by, snatching everything off the shelves. Everything was always lowered even more because of the end of the season.

And where Christmas and New Years were all celebrated with joy-as any other holiday-I always found myself stuck in the same place. And this being, alone, and wondering when I would ever get my life back on track.

Blaise was right, I really did need someone and I need that someone-him-even more now that I’m all alone. I never married and I am not a mother. I live alone in a fairly decent flat for one.

Stepping in Honeydukes Sweetshop, I stopped and scanned the room for my sister. I found Julian waving frantically for me and smiled. He quickly left the table and ran over toward me.

“Auntie Malia, what took you so long? Mother told me we couldn’t eat without you here,” he spoke perfectly.

I chuckled. “Sorry, but I got caught up in traffic,” I said picking him up and smothering him with kisses.

He chuckled. “Okay, okay, I forgive you.”

“Good.”

“I don’t know about you; but my tummy’s a rumbling for some cockroach clusters,” I shook my head. I couldn’t help but smile when I was around my nephew. He really was a joy to me these days.

Julian led me to his table. “Oh good, I was beginning to think I lost my son,” Lolita stated. “Julian, I told you not to run away from me like that. I meant it.”

“I sorry, but it was only Auntie Malia,” he spoke like the three year old he was. He always did that when he thought he was in trouble.

“And it could have just as easily been someone else. Don’t do it again,” Julian shook his head and my sister sighed. “Well how is everything kidnapper?”

I rolled my eyes, amusement clear on my face. “Excuse me while I go indulge myself.”

“Don’t forget my cockroach clusters Auntie Malia!” Julian called after me.

I smiled back at his small frame and as I turned back I bumped into someone. Preparing to apologize to the person, I backed away. And I was frozen just looking at the wonderful face. “Hello Malia,” Blaise spoke.

I let in a calming breath. “H-hello Blaise.”

I looked back toward Lolita, who just smirked and shook her head. She was always trying to encourage me. When I twirled back to face him, I saw that his eyes were roaming me.

“I guess I’ll be going then,” I spoke rather loudly. I hated when he did that to me.

“No stay.” I don’t really know why, but I did exactly that. “I forgive you.” I sent him a dazed look, but he left before I could ask him what for. Rolling my eyes, I sulked back to the table.

I had suddenly lost my appetite.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it, please comment and let us know!