Status: Draft is being written.

If My Heart Had A Face, It Would Be Smiling

Butterflies

I watched Malia run out to see Blaise, still worried about what exactly she would do but somehow I felt like everything would be fine. I looked over at Draco who was smiling at me and I wondered why he was. So much had just happened within the past few minutes I wasn't sure that my brain could keep up with it all. Before Malia walked in, I was in the middle of signing my divorce papers, and then Draco walks in talking about Blaise's child.

My mind was swirling around with so many thoughts that I just fell back onto the couch and stared out in front of me. Draco came over to me and wondered what was wrong. Tears flowed from my eyes, my emotions finally getting the better of me, something that usually didn't happen but the situation looked like it was called for.

"Selene? Love, what's wrong?" I looked over at him, taking a deep breath and just shrugged.

"I think all the excitement got to me. Listen, I need to get these papers to Viktor, so, I'll see you later?" Draco looked at me worriedly. I could tell he was struggling with himself to ask me what was wrong. He knew I didn't want him to, not now.

At this moment, I needed to be alone just for a bit and get things finished so that I could start a new life Draco and regain my old one.

"Sure, no problem. You know where I am." I nodded my head and he was off.

Now it was just me, divorce papers, and the will to go see Viktor. Was I ready to leave the life I had been forced to live?

Wait, why was I even questioning it? What the hell was wrong with me? This was stupid, how could I even worry about leaving that life?

This was what I had wanted for years now, being away from Viktor, my mother, that stupid contract.

...What has gotten into me?