Status: Draft is being written.

If My Heart Had A Face, It Would Be Smiling

Zara

I had a big mess on my hands. Looking back at yesterday, I cringed. It had its ups, but it definitely ended on a bad note. I had felt it too, although I had done a swell job of concealing it. The day had been great, with the picture perfect party. And then she showed up and ruined it all. Can you believe it? One woman is the reason for all my troubles.

"Blasie, come look at this," Draco called me. With two pitchers of water and lemonade I cautiously made my way toward the back porch.

I stared out into the yard curiously. "Where's Malia?" I questioned.

"In the mob of kids attacking her," he chortled.

"And you're not helping her? Draco what happened?"

"They were playing with the piñata and they caught onto Malia pulling it up when they went to burst the bloody thing open. They got upset and attacked."

I turned to Draco to scold him for being an idiot when a voice caught me off guard. "You're sick," Selene told him with a disapproving shake of the head. She didn't even stop to say hello; she just dropped Aurelia's gift on the table among the others and went through the twenty-five attendees to rescue Malia. I glanced toward Draco whose face had contorted in uncertainty.

"Hey," I nudged him. He broke away from his thought and laid his steel gray irises on me. "Is everything okay?"

Talking about me Zabini?" Selene questioned as she and Malia approached us.

"No, of course not."

You were never skilled at the art of lying." Malia smiled.

"Oh really; well I'm surprised you even knew what a lie is. After all you were always so sweet and innocent." She smiled, masking her amusement hastily.

"Don't make me laugh. I'm still upset with you." The two ladies went past us and into the kitchen.

"Draco..."

"I'd rather not discuss it, but thanks mate." I shook my head. "Why don't you go help the girls and I'll collect the kiddies for cake." I watched as my best mate lazily made his way toward the crowd surrounding the empty piñata. Something was obviously bothering him, I thought as I began my walk to the kitchen.

Just as I passed the front door there was a knock. Malia came out of the kitchen. "I got it love. It's probably only Stanley's dad; he was supposed to leave early." She nodded as I opened the door.

The hairs on my arms stood up and my breath caught in my throat. I could've possibly died without knowing it because right then and there I felt Malia's body temperature rise and her death glare burn through my back.

"Hello Blasie," she smiled. I watched closely as her sight traveled from me to Malia. "Fancy seeing you here Malia."

I felt her angry presence radiate beside me. "Zara what the hell do you think you're doing here?"

"I would've thought my little sister would've been happier to see me."

"I don't plan on repeating myself," Malia said through clenched teeth.

"Didn't Blasie tell you?" She asked smirking up at me. I felt my stomach curdle in anxiety. She was nothing but a bad omen. "It's my daughter's sixth birthday and I came to celebrate it with her."

And just like that my secret was out. The secret I tried so hard to keep hidden had been discovered in the worst of ways. And when Malia sent me a hard glare I knew there wasn't a chance in Hell that she'd forgive me. There was no turning back, everything we had was over.

Can you believe it? One woman, the one that I'd tried to forget. The only one from my past I could never have gotten away from had been the reason for all of my troubles.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry to all of our remaining readers. I can't believe it took this long and thank you for everyone who still had faith that this story would be updated. Yes, we're still alive. And no, we didn't abandon this story. My partner had life to deal with and so did I. And now we're here to finish what we started, simple as that. Hope you liked it and the next chapter will be posted as soon as possible!:)