Status: Draft is being written.

If My Heart Had A Face, It Would Be Smiling

And thus, the Cat escapes the bag...

"Anyone want rocket skeeters..." I walked into a room filled with tension. Draco behind me let out a small gasp as I looked over to Malia. She was glaring at Blaise and the person in front of him. I was even shocked to see who it was.

"Selene? Oh well, look at that, the gangs all back." It was Malia's older sister. Zara.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as Malia let out a painfully, forced laugh. I looked at her like she was crazy, because she indeed, looked that way when tears fell from her eyes.

"She's Aurelia’s mother. Mother." My mouth dropped as I looked over at Blaise. He was clenching his jaw as Zara smiled brightly, inviting herself into the house.

The laughter of the children outside could be heard clearly. Malia looked at Blaise, trying hard to fight back her sobs.

"Tell Aurelia I said, Happy Birthday, and that I'm sorry I couldn't be here for cake. I will talk to you, when I am ready. Do you understand, Zabini?" Blaise looked pained by her tone of voice. That wasn't what he wanted to hear but he knew he had no choice. He couldn't go after her because his daughter came first but he knew the moment he had the chance, he would run straight to her.

"Awe, you don't have to go." Zara smirked at her and I was about ready to wipe it off her face when Draco held me back. Malia looked at her for a moment and then rushed out the door.

"Daddy! Come on, it's time for- Mommy!" Aurelia ran into the room and saw her mother standing there. She smiled brightly and ran to her, Zara enveloping her in a welcoming hug.

"I didn't think you would come..." Aurelia said sadly, looking down at the floor. Zara smiled weakly and shook her head at her daughter.

"It's your birthday, sweetheart. I wouldn't miss it." Aurelia smiled and then looked around at us. I tried my best to smile, I didn't want to worry her, but she already seemed to be.

"Daddy, where is Malia? I want her to help me cut the cake with, Mommy!" She said excited. Blaise smiled sadly at his daughter and bent down to her level.

"Malia had to go home and she's very sorry. But don't worry, she'll be back." Blaise glared over at Zara who seemed unfazed by the comment. I couldn't believe what was going on.

***

Hours passed and the party was over. Blaise begged the two of us to stay in the house while he went to go talk with Zara. I had no idea what was going on but I knew it wasn't good.

Draco and I sat there in his living room just staring off into space. Aurelia was sound asleep in her room, Draco putting her to bed since she was more familiar with him. I had never seen him so kind or caring to anyone else but me, it was wonderful. It made me think.

"You don't have any children or ex-wives or anything, you haven't told me about, do you?" I looked up at him and he look at me like I was crazy.

"Are you serious?"

"Because, Draco, if you did, I can't live without you. To put it simply and I don't care if you had a child or a strange crazy ex, even though I mean Pansy would qualify in that category and I can kick her arse but, I mean that if-" A hand promptly covered my mouth to stop me from going any further.

"Love...no." Draco chuckled and brought me onto his lap. "I had no intention of even thinking about being with someone else. As crazy as that may sound." I raised a brow not believing that the Syltherin Prince would ever be able to keep it in his pants after all these years. He knew exactly what I was thinking in which he laughed harder at me.

"I'm not saying that I didn't have relations with women, Selene, what I'm saying is the thought of marriage and children never crossed my mind. For Blaise...it was a slightly drunken mistake." I looked up sadly at the ceiling thinking about Blaise's situation. If I knew my best friend, then I knew she wouldn't be as forgiving as I would be towards Draco.

Hell, part of me even wondered if I really wouldn't care. It was a big deal, it wasn't anything small. Blaise had created life, shared a part of him...with her sister.