Status: Draft is being written.

If My Heart Had A Face, It Would Be Smiling

Interview

This whole thing was frustrating. I hated being trapped in a marriage I never wanted; with friends who are, all fake and just pretend to like me. My mother set me up to fail and never wanted me to go out and be independent the moment my father had died. I was constantly praying to Merlin that Blaise would quickly make his move but the signature on the contract still stood bold. It didn't glow and I hadn't been summoned to court to deal with the proceedings of Lucius Malfoy.

I sighed as I worked at my typewriter trying to think of the latest news. Life around here really seemed to be boring after Harry had defeated the Dark Lord, only his servants were left and most had gone into hiding underground to try and think of ways to bring back their Dark Lord.

"Selene, we need you to head down to the Ministry building and conduct an interview." I looked up at my boss nodding my head. He handed me a piece of parchment that had some information for me about who and why I was interviewing them. I didn't even look at it and just placed it in my pocket, getting up to get my stuff to head off.

I was so apathetic in what I was doing; lately it was a common thing to see me like this. Even Victor's Quidditch buddies noticed it and their wives. I just didn't care about anything anymore and as sad as that made me, I just felt incapable of feeling. My passion for writing and even my music was all gone, nothing worked. I hadn't touched my guitar since the last time I was alone in my house, thinking about Draco and everyone. However, now I had the small hope that this plan I cooked up with Blaise would work. I wondered if he had even set it in motion, I was a bit worried since I hadn't heard from him in a few days. What little hope I did have was quickly fading away.

I made my way into the building appearing in Daigon Alley and showing my ID card from my newspaper the 'Wizardly Weekly' and headed up to the fourth floor where they were apparently having some sort of conference with the head of the Auror department. I quietly made my way into the room and there was Harry standing in front of everyone his voice slightly adjusted to speak over all the reporters and journalists in the room.

"I know it is very unlike our officers to act out with such rage but we can assure you that he is being reduced to desk duty and his wand use will be monitored." Harry assured all the people in the room whose quills were writing down his every word whilst pictures were being snapped all around him. I quickly took down that note, not having time to bewitch my quill and watched listened to the shuffling on stage until another voice was amplified so that he could speak over all of us. That voice sent chills down my spine, my knees weak, and my heartbeat increase ten-fold.

"I hope you all can forgive me for my un-Auror behavior. I am seeking anger management counseling as recommended by the Ministry." It was Draco. I looked up at him, his pale hair and face with those bright blue eyes. His face was so sharp you could tell he had grown. That's when I made the connection. I quickly took out the piece of parchment from my pocket and opened it up to see that Draco was the person I was suppose to interview for being to rough on a suspect of a fairy smuggling investigation.

I thought that if Blaise had already done what I had said than I go forward and stick with the appearance of a happy married woman. No one knows how hard that is.

Slowly I made my way to the front where Harry was, oblivious the head of the Auror department to tell him how I was here for a scheduled interview with Draco.

"Mr. Potter?" I was finally there and when he saw me, he froze. He glanced at Draco who was talking with some other reporters and then at me.

"Uh-um...yes?" I took out the paper to show him the appointment I had with Draco. My face the entire time extremely stale and professional looking. I acted like I didn't even know him; he was just someone from my far away past. If Draco were to buy that I was happy with Victor, all of my old friends would have to be treated this way.

"My paper scheduled an interview with Mr. Malfoy about his recent mishaps. I would like to conduct the interview in a less rowdy environment if you don't mind?" I was very proper and Harry could see how much I had "changed". Little did he know how much of the old Selene was still thriving on.

"Right this way, Mrs. Torres." I cleared my throat correcting him, "Mrs. Krum."

His eyes went wide and he slowly nodded his head leading me away from the other reporters. He walked me down the hall and into a room where we were alone. Harry stared at me sadly until I finally cracked a smile causing him to be very confused. I ran to him giving him the biggest hug in his life as he hesitantly wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm lost." I laughed and just kept smiling, getting off of him. I was happy to see that he looked so good.

"It's an act. I bumped into Blaise not too long ago after my mother had died and told him about a plan where we need to fool Draco into thinking that I'm extremely happy with Victor and it's all his father's fault. I need his father to hit him once in order to free me from a contract I have with him and Krum." Harry's mouth dropped not at all expecting that obviously and took a deep breath.

"So, you are married to him." I nodded my head sadly and he gave me a feeble smile.

"Don't worry, I'll go get Draco and act like you're a complete and total bitch." I chuckled, smiling.

"That's all I ask." Harry gave me one last hug and then headed out the door to get Draco. I waited patiently and made sure that I had that cold distant look on my face so that Draco would see that I was just here to do my job and not to visit him. It was time to push Draco to the edge.

"Bloody hell, Harry! I don't want to!" Harry glared at Draco pushing him into the interviewing room (a rather large desk and two chairs) and when he looked over at me, he froze.

"35 minutes Malfoy, then your on desk duty!" With that, Harry slammed the door and left Draco and me alone. I took out my quill and pad to make a small note.

"Mr. Malfoy, I want to ask you abou-"

"You're happy with him?" He had cut me off, certainly not expecting that I looked up at him shocked. I sighed standing up, shaking my head as if I was going to break really bad news to him.

"Draco, please. I'm here to interview you, this is work." Draco glared at me and walked towards me backing me up into a wall. My pad and quill falling to the floor. I was a bit nervous but I knew Draco would never hurt me, but seeing him this angry always scared me or saddened me. Unfortunately, if I ever wanted him to kiss me again, this had to be done.

"Are you kidding me!? This is first time I see you in years, I first hear about you being happily married to Krum and then you just want to 'interview me'? What the hell is wrong with you, Selene? What about our plan?! Can you honestly tell me that you love him!" He yelled. I flinched looking away. I inhaled deeply and as hard as it was to lie to him, it was even hard to just tell him that I didn't love Krum and that I was still in love with him.

"Yes! He grew on me, Draco. If only you would have stood up to your father! He's the reason we fell apart!" I yelled back at him, Draco just glared and then punched the wall beside my head causing me to flinch once again. I was scared, but I had to remember that this needed to be done.

"Can you really tell me that you don't love me anymore? That you don't feel anything for me?" I acted confused, biting my lip shaking my head and pushing him away. I couldn't help but feel how well built he had become. He wasn't skinny anymore but more muscular and with sharpened features. I was trying my best just to keep my hands off of him.

"Y-yes. Draco, please, I need this interview for my paper okay? Maybe if your father hadn't interfered with our plan than we would still be together." Draco sighed and stepped away from me. I was hoping I was getting to him, channeling his anger more towards his father rather than a petty fairy thief.

"Okay fine. Ask your questions." And that's what I did. Once we were finished and I told Draco 'Goodbye', I had hoped I made him think. I was praying that he would figure something out about this whole thing and just do something to free me. I know he can be stupid but...he's not that stupid.

I made my way back to Hogsmeade and walked passed Honey Dukes to see if I would catch Blaise there only to see that there was no Blaise. Instead there standing tall and more beautiful than ever was Malia with a little boy tugging at her skirt pointing at some candy.

She glanced out the window and I smiled at her. I quickly walked away so that she wouldn't catch me; it wasn't time for me to see her yet.

Yet...