Not Good Enough for Truth in Cliche

The One and Only

I sat in my room, curled up into a ball. It was freezing in my thing I called a home. It was early December, up here in Ohio, and all I could think about was him. He was gone though, and I was here. I lived alone while he was away; I had my family and friends. He had his music, that's what he was drawn and entitled to. That's where he was right now, off doing what he did best. He was away, and how we were together, was a fucking mystery…. But this is a simple love story, a surreal one at that.

At the time, I was 19 and he was 22. He was in a known band, Avenged Sevenfold was the name. They were famous on my standards, on his they were too. I was in love with their music; I was in love with the band. You could say I had a sick obsession, I could nod and agree. It was my fifth time seeing them, and I couldn't stop. I had met the first half before, but my favorites had slipped right past me. But this time, I was determined. I sat on a road block, a simple piece of cement, as I waited for the band to come out. It was cold and rainy, and I was beginning to become tired and impatient. The first of the five came out, and he staggered as he came before the group, making me laugh. Girls shrieked and giggled. It seemed they were afraid of him at first. One girl came up to him, and she got the courage to ask him for a picture. His short stature against hers made it difficult, but only for a moment. I sat and watched everyone gather by him. I leaned against the cement, looking for the two I wanted to see the most. Instead, I saw the tall, lanky one come from behind the shadows. He looked as if he had done something, his blank stare and bulging eyes hinted at that.

"Hello?" I asked and he abruptly looked down. "You look familiar" he said with a nod. Yes, the 3 out of those 5 shows I had followed them around Ohio. Recently, more or so the past week. "Well, ain't that surprising?" I said and leaned against the bus with him. "Surprising, why?" he repeated my words. "Look at who you are, look at who I am" I said motioning to him, then myself. "Ok?" he said, oblivious to my point. "Oh well. You remember me?" I said with a smile. "Jessi right?" he said recalling me, he then smiled too. "Wow" I said and scooted a bit away. He had slowly trudged his way to me side of the bumper, a little too close. He then winked at me. In his haze, I could already tell what he wanted. I just nodded and slowly scooted away from him. I looked back, and another girl had already started to talk to him. I smiled, and snaked my way behind the buses. I looked back, yet again, seeing the short one signing shit. I bumped right into someone, not paying any attention. I turned around, and saw a tall, muscular man staring back at me. "Dude, sorry" he mumbled. I couldn't tell his expression, they were hidden behind smooth aviators. "It's fine. I wasn't paying attention anyways" he smiled and showed me his phone. I smiled back. "Picture, now. Yeah?" I asked and he nodded. He took his aviators and set them on top of his head. I took the camera, and took a picture of us. I made a goofy face, and he just looked at me. We talked a bit, and caught up on things. I guess? Well, apparently, he knew and remembered me too. I thought they were all on drugs. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. "Well I'm gonna let you go" I said seeing a group of girls coming our way. "How long will you be around?" he asked as I slowly walked away. "All night?" I questioned myself. "Talk to me later" he shouted. I saw some girls scoff behind him. I laughed and walked away. I really had no idea where I was going, or headed. I was more aimlessly walking around, then looking for anyone. I had managed to squeeze myself between two vans. I sat on the bumper of one, and I felt it shift below me. I stared into darkness, and then set my head in my hands. I shook off any and all bad feelings I had. My stomach had butterflies, and I could only guess why. I could feel the other side of the van shift below me, and I knew someone had joined me. I looked up and saw another by stander, I got bored by those. I got up and left, the van shifting back to position.

I walked to where everyone was gathered earlier. The short and lanky ones were gone. Mr. Muscles was standing, basking, in the glory of all the teens. I smiled and walked over to him. I saw a girl, and she looked the age of 12. He got a picture, and then we collided yet again. Due to my absentmindedness and his clumsiness. "Damn, sorry again" he said and laughed. "So whose fault is it this time?" I said and laughed too. "So what are your plans for tonight?" he asked me, leaning on his right side. "Besides stalking your asses? Nothing, really" I said and smiled. He smiled then too. "Wanna join us in our mischievous ways?" he said still smiling. "Mischievous? Sure, as long as I don't die or go to jail" like I was gonna turn that offer down anyways. "Your at least 18 right?" he questioned before doing anything. "Uh. Yeah" I said and nodded. "Good" he said and started to usher me to the side of the road. I guess that Yeah was good enough for him. I saw a black rental in the direction he was pushing me, he pointed and scooted me along. "Alright, alright" I said walking to the car. He then opened the door for me, and practically pushed me in. "Umm…" I said and turned around. I then saw two people conversating. My mouth fell open and I stared in awe. The two men who I wanted to see most were sitting in the same damn car with me. "And you are?" one asked. "J J…Jessi" I managed to stammer out. "Well hello there Jessi" he said and smiled. I stare back at him, his wondrous green eyes staring back. His dyed black hair hung in his face, and his glimmering piercing's made a nice touch. I didn't want to look to the other, my face must've already been beat red. I turned around abruptly, and I could see my reflection in the glass. I was red, but I looked happy, go figure. "So you're not going to introduce yourself to me?" I heard the other say. I looked in the review mirror, seeing him does fake anger then cross his arms. "Oh, sorry your majesty" I said turning around. "I am Jessi" I said and smiled. I returned my motion by sticking his tongue out at me. He was childish, something I would never think he was. He then uncrossed his arms, and took a hand out for me to shake. He was muscular too, but not as muscular as the third one I met before. He had a fedora on, as usual, and his long brown hair flown from underneath it. His hair was pinned straight, and I was jealous. His makeup did flowing marks from his eyes, and he was tan. I shook his hand lightly, and he scoffed. "Woman" he said and smiled. "Man" I said and turned back around. His attitude amused me, he was so light hearted. Nothing I thought this guitarist could be. The two men began talking again, and I heard the door open. The short one came clambering in, practically falling into the backseat. The door opened from the opposite side, and the lanky one came in too. He sat next to the short one, laying his head on the window. Then the driver's door opened, and the muscular man came in last. "You're driving?" I asked and he nodded. I slumped in my seat and grabbed my seatbelt. He laughed and I just sat there.

He drove to the nearest bar, and I was wondering why he even invited me. "I'm not 21 dudes" I said he shrugged. "You're cute, what can I say?" I looked down at myself, seeing my faded jeans and Misfits slip on. What the hell was he on? "You have Val, what now do you say?" I said and sat down. He took a seat next to me, and ordered himself a drink. "It's not like I'm going to up and fuck you, that's his job" he said pointing to the guitarist coming in the door. I didn't know why I said yes to come here with them, but then again, ask yourself, would you say no? I didn't exactly want to be here right now, let alone fuck anyone. "Fuck who?" I asked and he laughed. "You" he said to me. He took the shot he ordered, and bit down the taste. "Are you on drugs? Seriously" I said and he shook his head. "Not yet" he said and smiled. He then motioned over for my fucker to come to the bar. "What?" he questioned as he took a seat on the other side of me. "You. Fuck. Her. Now" the taller one had said, it sounded like he was using Morse code. "When. Where. Why?" the other said using the same method. "Cause' she wants it… hardddd" the first said and laughed. "Not really" I said and looked down. "I don't know you. I'm not one of your groupies man" I said and looked to the one supposed to fuck me. He smiled and nodded. "Well, a hot piece of ass like you will go unwanted then" he said and got up. I threw my hands into the air in frustration. "DUDE! What the hell is wrong with you all?" I said and got up. I motioned to myself, picking at my clothing. "I'm 180lbs at 5'7. You go for 90lbs at 5'2. What the hell are you doing?" I said and started to walk away. Someone grabbed my arm and spun me around. "That's exactly why you're hot. You're not willing, you're not that 90lb whore that we fuck every night. You're not cheap, you are who you fucking are" the guitarist said and let go of my arm. Hearing that from someone as important as him… was just… mind blowing to say the least. "Then why bring me here when you know I won't fuck you?" I asked and we sat down again. "Because, I can clearly see you like us. Spending some time with our fans is sometimes better than fucking plastic" he said and smiled. I took my seat between the two, and felt embarrassed. "Don't feel bad" he said picked up my head. "How do you know I like you? I could've been bored as hell" I said and he nodded. "True. But then you wouldn't be wearing our dog tag, shirt, and hoodie, now would you?" he said and chugged his beer. I smiled, I was an avid fan, and apparently, I showed it. "How do you know who I am? How would you know how I act or some shit?" I asked and he shrugged. "I saw you… the last… what? 3 times" he said and smiled. "But I couldn't find you?" I said more to myself then him. "You gotta look dear" he said. He was acting like himself, not the stage presence I thought he would've had. It surprised how much he acted like me, like my friends. It was as if he knew me, from day one. It bothered me, but only for a bit. "Alright?" I said as my thoughts finished. "What?" he said aloud. "Oh nothing" I said shaking my head. He shrugged and went back down to his drink. This feeling I had towards him was, reassuring, to say the least. I sat my head down on the bar, not the best idea, but at the time I didn't care. "What's wrong?" he asked and rubbed my back. "Tired. I feel gross man" I said and smiled. "Wanna go back to the bus?" he just asked casually. "Um. What did you just ask me?" I said shooting up automatically. He laughed and nodded; his hand was still on my back. "Yep, I did just ask you to join me to go back to the bus" he said. Anything that was happening was beyond. Just beyond my thinking. I thought this would be a regular concert, meeting some of my idols, the usual. Nothing like this, not even half.

I just nodded, and he smiled. He set his drink down, and walked me out of the bar. He couldn't have drugged me, I didn't drink anything. I didn't even know the reason to why I went with him in the first place, but it was natural human inclination that made me go. He had charm, he was actually nice. But I didn't know if he put a front on, or if he did this for real. One of my idols was asking me to join him, like I was going to fucking say no, ha. We walked outside, and the cool air hit me. It was nice, and I liked it. "Can we walk?" I asked him and he shrugged. He came over to me and we just walked back to the bus. I put my hands in my pockets, and shivered a bit. He put his arm around me, I was in bliss. I smiled, and I couldn't stop. We didn't say a word, we just walked. I saw some of the girls from the concert, stragglers wanting to meet them. I looked to him and he nodded. He let go of me, and went up to them. I saw their faces light up, and I just smiled. "Is that your girlfriend?" I heard one faintly ask. He shook his head no, and looked to me. He offered me an innocent smile, and I knew he meant well.

I waited till he finished, then he came over to me. He didn't put his arm around me, but just walked next to me. I knew it was because of the fans, but I didn't care. Once we reached the bus, he opened it and ushered me in nicely. I never had been on a tour bus before, so I was amazed. I looked around, and he laughed. "It's not that extravagant" he said and sat down. "To me it is" I said and went and walked all around the bus. He just sat and waited for me. By the time I was done, he was still there. I sat next to him, and he smiled.

We talked and talked, getting to know each other. By the end of the night, I was beat as hell, and I wanted to go home. "Dude. I have to be going" I said and got up. "Here" he said pushing a paper in my hand. I didn't look at it, I didn't know if I wanted to. "Thanks for everything dude" I said and began to leave. He grabbed my arm, and spun me around, for the second time tonight. He kissed my lips harshly, but only for a second. "Oh wow" I said and touched my lips. "Sorry, I'm sorry" he said and turned around. I stopped him, and kissed his lips. Gently though, relishing on the moment. I laughed once we broke apart. I then left the bus. And I could see him smiling from the road. As I walked to my car, I unraveled the note. "One of the fucking best" it said and his number was on it. I slid it back into my pocket and laughed continually till I got to my car.

That night was nearly 2 years ago. And I can remember every detail of it. It was the best night of my life, well one of them anyways. After that we talked, for a while. Everyday, every night, all the time. He asked me out, 6 months after that. Of course, I said yes. Ever since then, we've been together. It was rocky, for a period but we pulled through none the less. I recall the night, very well.

I walked into my apartment, coming home from the doctors. I went for a checkup and all that great shit, and I guess I was pregnant. Now all I needed to do was tell him. That'll be fun. He's not due home for another week or so. I threw my keys on the table, and slumped on the couch. I heard the phone ring, and I didn't even bother to answer it. My laziness getting ahead of me. I rubbed my stomach, thinking of what was going to happen in the next 9 months. I smiled, and I knew I had wanted this. I heard a knock on the door, and I grumbled. I couldn't ignore that. I got up, and reluctantly opened it. I screamed, my excitement getting the better of me. And there he stood before me, my very own Synyster Gates.