Frays left from the ties you severed

Chapter three.

The sun shone through the window and the beams danced along the floor. Slowly Jessie opened her eyes, instantly regretting so as the piercing pain shot through her head. She tried to remember the details of last night. She remembered going in the club, she remembered the shots of vodka, she remembered, but only vaguely now, the kebab. Though no matter how much she thought, she still couldn’t remember how she got home. It was then she looked around the room and realised this wasn’t her bed. Propping herself up on her elbows she realised she was in AJ’s bed. Thank God, she thought to herself.

“Morning Jessie, bad hangover?” AJ whispered into her ear. She spun around and suddenly last night’s memories flooded her brain. She grabbed the covers and looked underneath, confirming everything.

“Oh my God..... We... Slept together?” she gasped, unable to comprehend the full extent of the situation. Raising a hand up to massage her forehead she gently moaned, “How much did I drink last night?”

“Tell me about it, I don’t think the bottle of cider before we left the flats helped much either.” AJ joked meekly trying to lighten the mood, but on noticing Jessie weak smile he quickly said, “I’m so sorry about last night really. I mean we were both drunk, but you did keep telling me how much you wanted it. Now I can see you regret it.” He bit down on his lip nervously waiting for her reaction.

“No I don’t regret it. Well yes I do, I regret the circumstances it happened. I regret not being to remember it all.” She whispered quietly, she had never opened herself up to another man like this before. Not since Shaun.

“Well, if you’re sure, we could always jog your memory by err, re-enacting last night.” Nervously he cleared his throat, “Only if you want to of course. I like you Jessie, a lot, so last night did mean something to me and I’d like it to mean something to you too.”

Slowly Jessie leaned towards him, planting a soft kiss against his lips. “I like you too,” she replied, “a lot.” A grin spread across AJ’s face as Jessie manoeuvred her body on top of his, kissing him more passionately. Her hands explored his body, this time she was determined to remember ever second, ever touch and every kiss. As she grinded her hips against his naked body, he let out a soft moan into her ear. AJ then rolled her over so she lay on his bed, then she felt him inside her, he moved slowly at first, and asked, “Am I hurting you?”

“No, not at all! And I’m sure you didn’t hurt me last night either.” She replied with a smirk on her face. As his rhythm quickened, Jessie wrapped her legs around his back and tenderly let a moan escape her own lips. It was then Jessie suddenly realised how much AJ had come to mean to her in the past month.

She relied on him. He would be the first person she would call about anything, the person she came home to, and the person she depended on. If she was upset it was AJ’s advice which gave her comfort. If she drank too much it was AJ who carried her home and laid her to sleep. She began to wonder if she could live without him. He meant too much to her and now she suddenly realised how much.

But what if he did leave her? What if he disappeared, just like Shaun? Jessie knew she couldn’t cope with that, not again. And that’s when she realised she was falling in love.