Sequel: Punk Rock Princess

These Constant Memories

Can't You Stay Long Enough To Explain

As Ollie, Ray and I walked further into the living room everyone's head turned in our direction. Mikey jumped up along with Gerard to come and smother me in a hug, Bob looked at me with a gentle smile and Frankie well he just stared at the hand intwined with mine.
"God Abby we've missed you so much!" Mikey exclaimed.
"Really? I guess I missed you guys to" I said with a sly smile.
"Whose your friend?" Gerard questioned with a bit of sharp edge to his words. Gerard wouldn't be very willing to accept him, I knew this because Gerard would do anything to protect little Frankie.
"Guys this is Ollie, Ollie the guys. Ollie's my boyfriend." I said as he put his arm around my waist. Gerard reached out to shake hands with him, followed by Mikey, Ray and Bob. Ollie made a move to shake Frankie's hand. Frankie just stared at it. Maybe I had gone to far.

Ollie and I curled up on the couch me leaning into his shoulder and him playing with my hair, a common position for us. We weren't really doing anything out of the normal for us, but I guess if you didn't live with us and weren't aware that he really wasn't my boyfriend you would think we were a cozy little couple. Frankie watched us most the night, I had to admit I did feel bad. Frankie has and always will have my whole heart, but he broke it when he left and I'm not sure I'm okay with giving it back to him.

"Abby, how long have you two been dating?" Frankie asked finally speaking for about the first time the whole night.
"For about 3 months," I said quickly coming up with a number.
"Wow thats nearly a fourth of the time we dated" Frankie said, probably trying to make me feel guilty.
"Yeah, that was until you guys left me. Probably would have been longer." I shot back.
"ABBY! I told you, I didn't want to hurt you. Its not as simple as you make it out to be. I put a lot of thought into it." Frankie said, anger causing his cheeks to turn red.
"Your right Frankie, it took a lot of thought to just leave. Your plan backfired. It hurt worse and yeah I'm pretty sure it is as simple as you didn't want confrontation." I yelled.
"Abs please just calm down." Gerard said trying to bring me back down into my seat.
"Gerard stay the fuck out of this! " I yelled wheeling around to look at him.
"You wanna know the truth?" I asked tearing up looking at Frankie.
"The truth about what?" Frankie asked looking kinda confused.
"Ollie isn't my boyfriend, Ollie's my roommate and best friend. I just wanted you to know what it feels like to have your heart broken, but I couldn't go threw with it. I couldn't hurt you like you hurt me." I said as the tears started to fall freely. As I said those words I got up and ran and ran. I ran until it hurt to run anymore.

Home wasn't home anymore, and I had no where else to turn.