Status: This story is concluded by the sequel.

I Hate You Draco Malfoy, Why Did You Kiss Me?

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Draco checked his reflection in the reflection from the dark window in the Malfoy Ball Room. It was already quickly filling up with people. His parents easily blended and mingled with the guests and Draco uncomfortably orbited the snack and drink table.

Eventually, Pansy picked him up and forced him to mingle with her family and other people from school that Draco had never seen in his life. As Draco was contemplating cursing himself to pass out so that they would stop talking to him Mr. Malfoy came to the rescue.

They walked to a balcony that over looked the pool that reflected the cloudy night, "Draco," Mr. Malfoy said in his stern giving orders voice. Draco braised himself for the worst, "This party was set up to celebrate your engagement. We have invited young pure blood witches from through out the wizardry world." He chuckled proudly to himself looking over the crowd. Draco fallowed his eyes and immediately saw Ennie entered with Pansy's cousin on her arm with a smirk on her face, "Your mother and I have decided to let you choose your wife. We believe we've raised you well. Don't let us down Draco." Mr. Malfoy said slipping a ring box in his suit coat and patting his shoulder.

As Mr. Malfoy returned to the party Draco turned to face the pool. He leaned on the railing, What should I do? he thought, I'm definitely not marrying Pansy, but who then? Ennie's smiling face ran through his mind, I can't imagine marrying someone and getting free by marrying someone I don't really care about and leaving her behind in this. Draco turned to face the party again and biting his nails. He pulled out the ring box and opened it. Immediately he recognized it as his grandmother's engagement ring. He looked to his father who mouthed to him, "Fifteen Minutes." Which told Draco his father had set up the ring as a Port-Key probably set to go to somewhere romantic.

Draco had fifteen minutes before it disappeared to where ever it was going. Fifteen minutes to pick the girl he would spend the rest of his life with. Draco looked over the crowd again and spotted Ennie dancing with Pansy's cousin. He thought back to their agreement, That is if this is the case right, Draco? He smirked as he saw Ennie sigh being finally away from Pansy's cousin, I could make it the case.