Life As I Knew It

How It All Began

In my room I sit. My small ass room in my broken as hell house. Wait, you can't even classify it as a house, let alone a home. Sure, we all put on smiles and act like everything is alright, every thing is fine. Just peachy.
Yea, right.
.........................
There's five of us. I won't count my mother, because she doesn't matter. No, she's an insignificant little piece of trash, but essential to the story - her name is Carey. Besides her, there is my father, James, my brother, Jamey - the first born, after him is Juliet, then me - Lilly, and finally, Nina. My younger sister is my life, the reason that I'm still alive to this day.

My story is a devastating one, it includes the rest of my family's stories, which are equally overwhelming. It all starts in my early childhood, that was when everything started to fall apart, when secrets were revealed, and my family fell apart. It was sucked into a vacuum, dumped out, stepped on, ran over, and spit on. I suppose that there needs to be an overview of that before the story of my life now starts.
...........................
Some of the earliest memories of my life are the saddest. Sure, I was only six when my parents finally got their divorce, my dad getting full custody, and we moved away to a small town where my dad got a new job. A new job and a new life. My mother was in jail for some time and my dad allowed her to write to her. I'm still not sure why she was put in jail, but I'm not so sure that I want to know.

You see, my mother was a drug addict, an alcoholic, and a whore. My father met her when he went to college a second time. He always told Nina and I that he walked into one of his classes, and the first thing he saw was my mother's long, blond hair. You see, he had a weakness for blonds, he was one too. Anyways, after that they started dating, even though the age difference was seven years. They fell in 'love' and got married.

Soon after, they had my brother Jamey, then sixteen months later, my sister Juliet. Afterwords, after two miscarriages (my father later told me that it was probably because of drug usage - it's a wonder that we all didn't come out retarded) and six years later, I came. And finally, nineteen months later, Nina came. With my siblings, most of the time we were paired up. Not the way you would think though - Jamey and Nina, then Juliet and I - we were the two outcasts, and Jamey and Nina were the two boyish ones (although one is a boy). The pairs weren't always the closest, but they could connect. In the later years was when Nina and I became close. We all had the potential to become successful, happy. But that's the thing - you don't always live up to the potential.

My father always speculated in the later years that my mother was probably doing drugs and cheating on him from the beginning, and he probably thought himself a fool for never figuring it out - hell, I thought he was a fool. My father moved around many times, and consequently, so did my family. He just couldn't keep a job - later on, I would know it was because of laziness.

None of us was ever very happy, and terrible things were always happening. All of us fell into some sort of trap. This is my story, a devastating, horrible one, but mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter will recount the early years of Lilly's life. This story is closely based on my own home life, so please no one message me saying that none of these things could happen, because most of them happened in my life. So far, only the names have been changed. But, yea, the next part will be out in a few days. Thanks for reading.