Cricket On Tour

Enough is Enough

"I am feeling the need to do some drinking. Actually, I'm feeling the need to do some crying, but my tear ducts seem to be too proud, so I am going to do some drinking instead."
-Grey's Anatomy

Fuck Holly. And while we’re at it, fuck Alex. Because I am NOT a whore. Or a stalker. I mean hellllo, Alex was the one who went after me! He got in a box and dressed up like Prince Charming. So, if anyone is the stalker it’s him.

Ok, so I’m drunk at 2 in the afternoon, but I have a good reason. And it’s not like I’m the only one who’s drunk. John is too…because I poured a couple shots of tequila down his throat. But who cares, my life is awkward!

“Cricket, Cricket.” John said wistfully. “I have a show to play.”

“Boo, you whore.” I said taking another shot.

“You better slow down so I can catch up with you when I get back!” John playfully scolded.

“Whatever. My life sucks.” I moaned.

“I’ll be back, Princess.”

When he got off the bus I heard Pat exclaim, “Are you drunk?”

Yes. Yes, he is.

When John returned from his show, he was practically sober. You know what doesn’t make you practically sober? Eight shots of tequila, that’s what. In fact, that would make you the opposite of practically sober, which is very, very, very drunk. Which is what I am: very, very, very drunk. And hot. Like, seriously hot. Is it inappropriate that I have stripped down to a tank top and undies in the very bus where a boy who is not my boyfriend carries a torch for me? Honestly, I don’t give a flying rat’s ass because I don’t want to be all gross and sweaty.

“Hey Cricket!” John said cheerfully when he got back. “And, that’s your underwear.”

“It’s leopard!” I cried happily.

“I can see that.” John said looking nervous. What the hell! He’s supposed to think I’m sexy, I mean, the boy is obviously in love with me.

“You don’t like my leopard panties.” I said pouting.

“No, I do. God knows I do, Cricket.” John said running a hand through his hair. “But you have a boyfriend.”

“Yeah, a boyfriend who can’t even write a song for me!” I said starting to cry. Damn tequila, the stuff makes me so emotional. “Who is obviously still in love with his ex-girlfriend. Who is crazy, might I add!”

I collapsed dramatically on the built-in couch.

“Hey,” John said sitting next to me and putting a comforting hand on my shoulder. “That’s ridiculous. Alex is in love with you and for good reason. You’re amazing and beautiful and funny…”

“Really?” I asked looking up at John my heart swelling. He was always so great to me.

“C’mon, Crick, you know I adore you.” He must have been feeling braver because he scooted a little closer to me and leaned in just a tad. “You know, I wrote a song for you.”

“Really?” I said again gasping.

“Well, yeah, of course.” He said smiling. “Do you wanna hear it?”

“Yes!” I said clapping my hands. He jumped up and grabbed his guitar and settled back onto the couch, farther away this time. But, I’m pretty sure it was just to make room for the guitar.

“She thinks I’m crazy/ Judging by the faces that she’s making/ And I think she’s pretty/ But pretty’s just part of the things she does that amaze me.” John sang beautifully. He has such a nice voice. And, he thinks I’m pretty, but that’s only a part of the stuff that he loves about me. So sweet.

I was even getting butterflies. No, it was definitely more than butterflies. Oh no. This was tequila. Tequila was giving me butterflies. Butterflies that were about to get blown all over this bus if I didn’t make it to a bathroom in time. I jumped up and almost pushed John off the couch as I darted outside.

“Whoa, Crick, you okay?” John asked following me outside.

“No!” I moaned as I threw up all over the place. John pushed my hair back and pulled it into a ponytail for me and gently rubbed my back.

“Hey, Princess, let’s go back inside.” he said as he helped me back up the bus’s stairs.

He sat back down on the couch and I went and cuddled up to him because after I puke I like to cuddle. It makes me feel better. John put his arm around my shoulder and I put my head on his chest and snuggled closer.

“I am never drinking again.” I groaned. “Well, I’m never drinking tequila again, at least.”

I felt John laugh as he leaned down and kissed the top of my head. I looked up at his warm brown eyes and sweet smile and started to lean in, when all of the sudden… the door to the bus flung open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, look at that! I updated in a reasonable amount of time! This living alone thing is really working out for you guys :) Oh, and sorry for the cliffhanger, but I am really enjoying it!