Cricket On Tour

It's the End of the World

I am miserable. I haven’t even been outside of the hotel once. I go from rental car to hotel and nowhere else. I’ve become that silly girl in the movies who lays in bed in her grimiest sweats, greasy hair, eating whipped cream from the can, watching every episode of General Hospital. Oh, and crying. All the time. You would think that my body would have shriveled into nothingness from all the water I’m expelling from my eyes, but no. I’m getting fat. From all the damn whipped cream. So, on top of my perfect boyfriend brutally dumping me, I’m fat.

“Good God, Cricket.” Lanie said giving me a shocked and somewhat disgusted look when she got back from visiting Jack. So insensitive. “Have you even moved? Much less showered? You reek. And would you please. Stop. Crying.”

“I can’t help it.” I wailed while tears poured from my eyes. “Elizabeth is cheating on Lucky. With his brother! And she’s pregnant and Lucky doesn’t even know its his!”

“Oh my God. You have to get out of here. Get in the shower now. And believe me Cricket Merrick, I will kick your ass every step of the way to that bathroom” Lanie ordered.

“Fine. Fine, you have no sensitivity to my situation, but whatever.” I moped while dragging myself out of bed.

“Get over yourself.”

I gave Lanie my meanest look. Get over myself? Didn’t she realize my heart had been broken in the most vicious way possible? I had every right to be under myself.

“Okay, I’m sorry. Look, if I take you to get ice cream will you forgive me?”

“Only if I can get cake batter.” I pouted.

“Of course, you can get cake batter.” Lanie said walking off muttering unintelligibly under her breath.

And, okay, I’ll admit, the shower felt freaking amazing. Lanie even picked out an outfit for me, I mean, we were just getting ice cream but whatever floats her boat. It was even cute. Not that Lanie has bad taste in clothing; I just didn’t think she would pick out an adorable navy blue romper and the cutest gold sandals and earrings. And bangles! I couldn’t even remember the last time I wore bangles. Actually, it was last Thursday; I was wearing a silk, layered, hot pink top and white linen shorts and my favorite Greek goddess sandals. I looked adorable, just saying. That was B.B. (Before Break-up). I always looked adorable B.B.

“You’re a lucky bitch.” Lanie grumbled. “It is totally unfair that your hair waves naturally and your bangs don’t look funky if you don’t straighten them.”

Lanie had been complimenting me the entire drive. Which was weird. Lanie didn’t compliment anyone but herself. I was beginning to think something was up.

And my suspicions were correct when we pulled up to the fairgrounds where Warped was.

“Lanie.” I growled. “What are we doing here?”

“Oh, sorry, I forgot my purse and I have to get it from Jack. Didn’t you want ice cream?” Lanie explained rationally, but dragging me out of the car with me kickin and fighting the whole way.

“Lannnnnie,” I whined. “I just wanted to get ice cream.”

“Jack, I’m really not in the mood for ice cream. Don’t we have stuff to do anyways?”

Oh no she didn’t. She brought Alex!? That was what the cute outfit and forcing me to put on makeup was for. She was taking me to see Alex!

“Oh hey, Alex” I said awkwardly. “Great weather we’re having, huh?”

“Yeah.” he said coldly.

“Bananas.” I blurted.

“What?” Jack asked.

“Strawberries?”

“Cricket, what the hell are you talking about?” Lanie asked crossly.

“Strawberries and bananas? Oh, look! My brother! Zaaaa-aaack!” I ran faster than a cheetah away from there. Alex was killing me. Literally killing me with his meanness. I could not handle that.

“Cricket? I thought you died.” My oh-so-sweet brother greeted me.

“Gee, thanks for the concern. Oh, and I hate Lanie and her schemes.” I griped.

“I always did.” He mused. “Do you want some ice cream?”

“More than anything.” I sighed. I knew there was a reason we were related.

“Cricket! Where the hell do you think you’re going?” Lanie screeched.

“To get my damn ice cream!” I yelled back.

“You’re not going without me! Jack, come on!”

“Alex, dude, you gotta come!” Jack said excitedly.

Oh my gosh. They were in it together! Lanie and Jack were devious.

“No.” Alex said walking back to the bus. He hated me that much. He couldn’t even stand to be around me for five minutes.

I just wanna get back in my bed and never leave again. Where's my whipped cream when I needed it?

And just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse, Holly walked straight into the All Time Low bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo...can we talk about the Mizzou/OU game? Yeah, terrible. I blame that for the reason I haven't updated. I was thoroughly depressed. It's very difficult going to Mizzou and being from Oklahoma becasue OU was supposed to win and they let me down in a BIG way. I should not have talked smack on Mizzou. Lesson learned.

I hope y'all enjoy Cricket though!