Cricket On Tour

White Houses

After about ten hours of movies and video games (I dominated on the bass!) we were pooped. And it was time to call bunks. I stared at the looming beds on each side of the bus. There were six total, three stacked on top of one another. If I picked a top bunk (and let’s all admit it, the child in us always wants the top bunk!) I could fall off. But bottom bunks are boring. And if I chose a middle bunk, I could get caught between some serious boy wars, and that would just be disgusting, knowing boys. The choices! I was half tempted to just crash on the couch and call it a day.

“Crick?” Alex asked laughing at my serious expression. “What are you doing?”

“Don’t laugh! This is serious!” Of course this caused him to laugh more. “Alllllex!” I whined.

“How about I help you pick?”

“Okay! I hate making decisions!” I said gleefully. Alex’s answer to my problems was to swoop me up and dive into a middle bunk.

“There.” He said resolutely nuzzling my neck. “You’ll just have to stay here with me.”

“I think I’m okay with that.” I giggled kissing him and snuggling closer.

“I don’t want to fucking hear you two eating each others faces.” Zack grumbled from below us and gave our bunk a swift kick. “Fucking nasty.”

We laughed and continued our little make out session while snores sounded all around us.

Oh yes. I could definitely get used to this!

The next afternoon we made our first stop in Ohio. We all chilled outside the bus while busy park crew set up stages all around us. Well, the boys chilled, I played with one of the crew’s Dalmatian Inky. You see, I always wanted a puppy, but stupid Zack was allergic, so no dogs for Cricket. So I was thoroughly enjoying myself and Max was just glad Inky had someone to play with. When another came up to introduce themselves.

“Hey! You guys are All Time Low!” A guy with shaggy brown hair exclaimed when he walked up.

“No shit. Way to go Captain Obvious.” I thought rolling my eyes. But now people are staring at me. Uh-oh. I definitely said that out loud. I leaned over and whispered to Alex. “I said that out loud, huh?”

“Yep.” He whispered back holding back laughter. “Yeah, hey, I’m Alex. And this lovely lady here is my girlfriend Cricket. She’s usually nicer than that.” Oh God. I could die right about now.

“I am sooooo sorry!” I apologized quickly. “I didn’t mean to say that out loud!”

“So, that makes it better?” The guy replied laughing. At least the guy had a sense of humor about it. “I’m John.”

“I’m Jack!” Jack said enthusiastically pumping this John fellow’s hand.

“Zack.”

Hey, what’s up I’m Rian.”

The other guys with John introduced themselves as Garrett, Kennedy, Pat, and Jared.

“Okay, so I don’t want to sound like even more of a bitch, but who are you?” I asked kicking myself.

“We’re The Maine.” John replied.

“Oh. Well, nice to meet you!” I smiled trying to cover up my bad first impression.

“Yeah.” John said staring at me, which made me feel a tad uncomfortable. I’m guessing he’s one of those intense, tortured artist types. “You too Cricket.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello all! I'm realllllllly tired from the first week back at school! But, I hope ya'all like this chapter it begins our first conflict!

Love,
Hayley