Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

Just Because You Said It Doesn't Mean It's True

"Please?"

"No."

"Aw, come on!"

"No Caleb."

"But.."

"If you don't get out of my room, I will throw my book at you."

He took one glance at the hardcover book in my hand, "Just one game!"

I groaned in frustration and slammed my book shut. Honestly, boys are so blimmin' pushy! Especially my brothers.

"What's in it for me?" I asked, turning to look at him. Caleb thought about it for a moment.

"You can borrow my X-Box tonight!" He said.

I rolled my eye's at him, "You idiot, that's for everyone. That's why it's in the lounge."

"CALEB! S'Zoe playing yet?" Tyler yelled from the living room.

"I'm begging you Zo! Otherwise it's me against the two of them!" Caleb begged, grabbing my arm.

"What help am I suppose to be?" I replied.

"Your small! You can slip past them!" He said.

"Ugh! Get out then so I can put on shorts." I moaned, shoving Caleb out my room.

"Yes!" He cheered before I slammed the door in his face.

"Stupid brothers.." I grumbled, searching through my drawers for a pair of shorts and a shirt. I don't think jeans and a sweater would really cut it for a game of Rugby, you know.

I changed out of my clothes and into a pair of red/black CCC shorts with a black tank top.

"Are you ready?" Tyler whined outside my door, banging on it. "We wanna play BEFORE night time!"

"It's only ten-thirty so shut up!" I yelled, tying my sneaker laces and pulling my blonde hair into a ponytail.

"Hurry up Zoe!" Chace whined, also outside my door. I threw open my door and looked up at them all. They were leaning against the opposite wall, passing their rugby ball between them.

"Ready?" I asked them. They straightened up and nodded eagerly.

"You two are so going down!" Tyler grinned, racing Caleb outside.

"Considering you and Chace are four and five years older than me and Canterbury reps, that doesn't really phase me!" I called after him.

"Oh shut up." Chace laughed, putting me into a headlock, ignoring my protests.

"You suck." I said when he finally let me go.

"Oh well." Chace grinned as I fixed my hair.

We all stood in the empty paddock, Caleb throwing the ball up and down.

"Alright, me and Tyler versus you two. Goalposts are the end fence posts, right there," Chace indicated, "and try lines are where Tyler marks them out."

"Who kicks off?" I asked Chace.

"Paper, scissors, rock?" He asked Caleb who nodded.

"On the count of three." Caleb said.

"One."

"Two."

"Three!"

"SCISSORS!"

"ROCK!" They shouted together.

I clapped my hands together as I saw Caleb's fist, indicating he was the winner. I hi-fived him as Chace sulked.

"At least you had the chance to win something." Tyler smirked, finally joining us.

"Shut up." I said, poking my tongue out as we all took our starting positions.

"PLAY!" Chace yelled.

Caleb kicked the ball high into the air, Tyler braced himself before it landed firmly into his hands. He started running towards me, grinning, knowing I wouldn't be able to even grab him. I braced to myself to at least try and tackle him but he side stepped me only to be taken down by Caleb.

"Get the ball!" Caleb screamed as he and Tyler wrestled on the ground, trying to gain possession of the ball.

I saw Chace running for me so I prised the ball from Tyler and took off down the paddock. I screamed as Chace suddenly stood in my path, smirking. I slipped on a muddy patch and abruptly went sliding across the ground and straight through Chace's legs. I scrabbled to get up before he got to me. I finally got up, taking off to the try line.

"Zoe! Pass!" Caleb yelled from behind me just before Tyler dive tackled me, sending us rolling across the ground . I held the ball under me, keeping it from Tyler who was furiously trying to yank it out of my hands.

"Give me the ball!" Tyler grunted, starting to tickle my sides.

"Never!" I laughed, trying to squirm away.

"Get her feet!" Chace yelled, suddenly picking up my arms as Tyler grabbed my legs. Together, they hoisted my body into the air, ignoring my screams and protests. Before either of them could get the ball though, Caleb came sliding under me, swiftly grabbing the ball before getting up and running for the try line.

"Get him!" Chace roared as he and Tyler took off, leaving me to collide painfully with the ground.

I gasped in shock as the air was knocked out of my lungs. I lay there, face down, trying to pull air into my lungs whilst Caleb scored a try. He jumped around, laughing and cheering as Chace and Tyler argued that he scored on a default. I simply lay there, still trying to manage normal breaths when Caleb finally noticed me.

"What did you two do?" Caleb yelled at Tyler and Chace as the realisation that they'd simply dropped me hit them.

"Are you okay?" Caleb asked, hurriedly rushing to my side and gently turning me over.

"Fine." I said between gritted teeth as Tyler and Chace apologised with guilty looks. I stood up and tried to gain balance swaying on my feet until I dropped into Tyler's arms.

"Guess I'm carrying you." He smiled, lifting me up bridal style.

He took me inside and into the shower where I had insisted to go to get the mud and grass stains off. After insisting I'd be fine, Tyler finally left me alone to shower. Once I was done, I got out and wrapped a thick blue towel around my body and a slightly smaller one around my head. I walked out of the bathroom and into my own room, closing my door. I changed into a pair of denim short shorts and a green v-neck sweater. I left the towel in my hair so it'd dry. Stealing a glance at my clock I saw it was only quarter past eleven. I left my room and walked down the hall, through the lounge and into the kitchen, getting myself a cup of water. A low whine to my right caused me to turn and look at one of our dogs, Copper, a large black and grey Irish Wolfhound. He was incredibly large and when he stood up on his hind paws, his shoulders were over my head.

We had three Irish Wolfhounds, each for the three guys. Tyler's was Copper, Chace had a red one called Tip Top and Caleb had a large white one named Mo.

Copper pawed at his empty food bowl, turning to give me big puppy eyes. I couldn't resist him so I sneakily slipped him a few biscuits whilst the boys were outside, continuing their game. Copper greedily scoffed down the biscuits, lapped noisily at his water bowl then trotted off to find his playmates. I leaned against the counter and sipped my drink, watching out the window at the boys.

"Hey darling, what are you doing?" asked my Dad, walking into the house and taking off his boots.

"Just got a drink, I was going to practice. What are you doing?" I asked him as wiped his sweaty forehead with the sleeve of his top.

"Just finished feeding the sheep. You'll have to feed the lamb's soon." He said, getting himself a juice from the fridge.

"Okay, I'll be in my room. I still haven't got this song done." I replied, setting my cup in the sink.

"What's wrong with it? Sounded fine to me. Anyway, when's this audition again?" He asked me, gulping his drink down noisily.

"Monday dad." I moaned, "And it's still pitchy, I think it's my nerves that are getting to me."

"You'll do fine." He said, kissing the top of my head as I rolled my eyes.

"Just because you're suppose to say that doesn't mean it's true!" I called out to him as he left the house again, laughing at me. I shook my head in annoyance and walked back to my room, closing the door.

I logged onto my computer and waited for the screen to load. Setting up my music stand, I brought up Itunes. I typed in 'Only Hope' and saw the song come up. I clicked play and listened to the starting music as I pulled it's lyrics out of my lyrics folder and set it on the stand. I stood up in front of my music stand as the singing started;

"There's a song that's inside my soul,
It's the one I've tried to write over and over again.

I'm awake in the infinite cold,
But you sing to me over and over again.."


Damnit. My voice was cracking.

I started the song over and retried it, it was better this time. I began to record myself on the computer to see how I was doing. I could hear my voice wavering in the song and sometimes it was a bit too pitchy so I kept singing. I stayed locked in my room until about midnight when dad finally made me go to bed. I changed into my pyjamas and got under the warm covers of my duvet, letting sleep overcome me as dreams of stardom echoed in my thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Name: Zoe Alyson Cooper
Age: 15
D.O.B: 04.02.94
Portrayed By: Indiana Evans

Name: Caleb John Cooper
Age: 16
D.O.B: 27.01.92
Looks: Shaggy blonde hair, green eyes, tanned, 6ft

Name: Tyler Michael Cooper
Age: 18
D.O.B: 15.05.90
Looks: Spiky blonde/brown hair, green/grey eyes, tanned-ish, 6ft 3'

Name: Chase Harrison Cooper
Age: 19
D.O.B: 01.11.89
Looks: Floppy brown hair, blue-green eyes, tanned-ish, 6ft 6'

Name: Mark Ryan Cooper
Age: 45
D.O.B: 27.06.63
Looks: Greying brown hair, blue eyes, tanned skin, freckles, 6ft 5

Name: Kristen Alice Bakerman
Age: 15
D.O.B: 14.02.94
Portrayed by: Tallulah Morton


Hello and welcome to another story!!
I really hope you guys like it!! BTW these are a few facts you need to know!!

This story is set in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Zoe and her family live in a place called Kaiapoi (pronounced, KAI-AH-POY)
Zoe and Kristen go to Marian College in a place called Shirley which is about an hours drive
from Kaiapoi. This story starts on a Saturday and Zoe's brother's, Caleb and Tyler, attend a school called St Bede's College in Papanui about forty-five minutes away.

Yeahh, kinda based around where I live lol. It's easier that way haha!!

Okayy, will update soon!