Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

Midnight Feasts

Image

Never had I felt so confident, so empowered, so beautiful than that moment where I had released my worries and sung until my heart felt it would burst. I had tears in my eyes as I was given a standing ovation by the entire audience. The judges were slightly astounded. Each said a quick yes, me promising to practice harder, become better and then I was off the stage.

Had I dreamt it? Did it really go that fast?

It was like walking on a cloud. A soft, floating cloud. In a daze, I walked outside to my family. Some people I didn't even know said how well I sang. I simply blushed and thanked them. My head spun, my heart beat wildly against my chest. Then there they were, each face beaming with pride and happiness. To tell you all the truth though, it was only Nick's face I sought out.

He was the one who was in my head while I had sung. He was the one who had calmed me, though he did not know it. My father caught me up in a hug, spinning me around. Next was Chace, then Tyler then Caleb. By the end of those four, I was getting dizzy and a little unsteady on me. Denise, Paul, Kevin, Joe and Frankie each settled for a normal hug.

I looked at Nick, "Thank you. For helping me."

He shrugged, "No problem."

I threw my arms around him, hugging him as everyone began to get into their cars. I pulled back and I think, though I would've been the only one to know, that Nick had gently kissed my hair.

I stood slightly flabbergasted as Nick smiled getting into his car. I came to my senses and quickly jumped in my own. For me, it seemed like an unusually short ride home. It was as if someone had just pushed the fast forward button on my life. I departed the car, had a celebration dinner with the family (Jonases included) then suddenly I was in bed, staring up at my ceiling, the fast forward button being replaced with the slow motion.

I lay with my arms behind my head, simply staring upwards until I heard my door creak.

I sat up and saw Nick slip in silently with Joe, Kevin, Caleb, Chace and Tyler. I giggled but they shushed me.

"What are you guys doing?" I whispered, "Three of us have school tomorrow!"

"Oh well." Tyler laughed quietly. All of them jumped on my bed, Nick on my right side.

"We just wanted to come in, you know, see how little miss up and coming star was going." Joe grinned. I blushed and smiled back.

"I can't even get to sleep from all the excitement." I giggled softly.

"Well then these won't help." Chace grinned, pulling from behind his back a family sized packet of skittles. I almost shrieked out loud in giddiness.

The rest of the boys had fizzy, chips and chocolate stashed with them and soon we were all sitting there, eating and drinking, laughing silently at each other's stories, much like the first night.

"No! No! Caleb, do you remember when Tyler peed himself in fright all because Aunt Poppy gave him a kiss!" I giggled at Tyler's horror stricken face.

"The woman had a beard! Who wouldn't pee in fright!" Tyler defended himself, taking a swig of the fizzy. We all laughed quietly at Tyler who was trying to rid himself of the memory.

"You can't talk Zoe, you wet yourself at your first disco because Tommy Robert's popped a balloon in your ear." Chace teased, causing everyone to crack up but quickly quietened down.

"Shut up. I was six! Tyler was nine!" I protested, my face turning a dark shade of scarlet.

"I remember when Nick used to run around the house naked and when mom would ask him why, he used to say he liked the cool air." Kevin laughed, causing Nick to turn a tomato red and hang his head in embarrassment as everyone laughed.

"Joe, I remember watching a video and you were walking through like a glass wall that shattered for you guys and you tripped. What show was that?" I spoke, trying to remember the show where Joe fell over the glass.

Joe grinned, "The American Music Awards!"

Chace laughed, " Nice work Joe, trip in front of the people of the states."

I shook my head, "More like two billion people on youtube."

Joe groaned, "I didn't mean to, my foot got caught."

I stifled a giggle but soon we were all clutching our stomachs, laughing about as quietly as we could. I don't know what time we fell asleep but soon I was opening my eyes. My pillow was hard and muscly? I sat up, removing my arm from around my 'pillow' though it seemed my pillow had a pretty good grip on me. I looked down to see Nick, his face peaceful as he slept. The rest of the guys were spread out on my bed, legs and arms tangled. Joe snored lightly, his head hanging over the side of the bed.

I tried to pull away gently but Nick held firm, even go so far as to pull me back a little back causing me to blush. I had to admit, it felt rather nice to have his arm around me.

Softly I finally prised myself from Nick's arms, ignoring the protests my head was making and walked out into the kitchen. None of the parents were there but there was a note addressed to all of us kids.


Hey kids,

We heard you all making a racket last night so we figured
we'd let you have a day off and also because Zoe deserves
it after night. Anyway, we've gone out for the day, Frankie
is with us so don't worry. Oh and make sure the house stays
clean Zo, don't let us come back to find they've all burned
it down!

Anyway,
have a good day!

See you later,
Dad, Denise and Paul
xxx


I rolled my eyes at my dad's letter. Smiling to myself, I poured some chex cereal into a bowl with some milk and made myself a milo. I finished my cereal and started watching 'Hairspray' in the lounge since there was only infomercials on. I sipped my milo and soon Nick and Tyler emerged from the room, their hair dishevelled, their eyes bleary. I smiled at them as the plopped down on the couch next to me.

"Morning, sleep alright?" I asked them. They both groaned and stretched, making their bones click. I shuddered at this.

"That was the most uncomfortable sleep ever. I bloody woke up with Kevin's elbow in my side and Chace's leg across my face." Tyler moaned, running a hand down his face.

"Mine wasn't too bad, only Caleb's foot sticking into my side." Nick said, yawning.

And me laying on you.. I added silently, looking back at the screen. Smiling softly, I began humming to the songs as Tyler went and got some breakfast.

"You made me cold this morning." Nick suddenly said. I looked at him curiously.

"How?" I said, trying to be coy.

"You know how. Don't think I didn't know you had left." He smirked, looking straight into my eyes, making me nervous.

"W-well I had to get breakfast.." I stammered.

He smiled, "Don't let it happen again."

Then he got up and went to get his own breakfast, leaving me to stare after him in shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I seem to be updating pretty
fast now lol. BTW banner was made by
me and anyone else who wants to make
one it will be greatly appreciated!!

So are comments haha!!

P E A C E