Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

I care about you.

"Would you calm down?" Nick laughed, squeezing my hand. I turned and looked at my boyfriend.

Seriously, I am never going to get tired of that.

I kept bouncing in my seat happily, unable to contain my excitement. The plane to L.A was absolutely MASSIVE. There were screens in the backs of each seat and we had even been booked into first class seats. I was given the window seat, Nick next to me, Kevin next to him. Joe and Frankie behind us and all our parents in front of us. I couldn't even believe how much legroom there was and the seats were luxuriously comfortable.

"This is awesome!" I squealed, unable to contain it anymore.

Nick, Kevin, Frankie and Joe all laughed at me. The seatbelt sign came on and I reluctantly held still long enough to buckle the belt. As soon as I heard the roar of the engines as they started, I began bouncing again, Nick rolling his eyes.

"We're going to America!" I half-yelled half-squealed, causing people to look at me and the four boys to crack up laughing even harder.

"Zoe!" Dad scolded, though it didn't have much effect since I couldn't really see him. "Just try and calm down, you're bugging the other passengers."

I giggled. "Sorry."

The plane suddenly jolted forward and I clutched at Nick's hand, slightly terrified. Nick chuckled and rubbed his thumb soothingly over my hand as the plane simply began moving.

"Breathe Zoe." Nick's soft voice cut into my thoughts.

I scowled. "I knew I shouldn't have let Joe make me watch Snake's on a Plane."

I heard Joe's laughter from behind me. If I didn't have to sit in my seat, I probably would've leant over the back of it and smacked him.

"Careful Zo, don't want the snakes to get you." Joe teased.

"Shut up Joe." Nick rolled his eyes.

The plane was in the air for about twenty minutes before the seatbelt sign clicked off. Happily, I undid the buckle on the belt and let out a deep breath as it's hold was released. Then, I leant over the back of the seat and smacked Joe on the head.

"Ow!" He said angrily, rubbing his head, "What was that for?"

"For teasing me idiot." I smirked as Frankie, Nick and Kevin laughed. Joe scowled and I sat back in my seat properly, ignoring the looks I was getting from the other passengers.

I leaned back into my seat and Nick laced his fingers with mine again. I plugged in the head phones the hostess had given me and switched to the flight radio. I closed my eye's and soon fell into a black dreamless sleep.

I wouldn't have a clue how long I was out for but when I opened my eye's, my headphones were off and my window had it's cover down. There was a nice and soft blanket wrapped around me, keeping me warm. I looked up to see Nick watching a movie, his hand still in mine but his face calm and peaceful, he looked deep in thought or simply immersed in the screen.

I didn't want to disturb him, he looked serene and perfect but my yawn gave me away. His eye's flicked to me and gave a small smiled. "Hey, you're up."

He leant down and pressed his lips gently against my own for a moment before pulling away again, shifting so he could face me better.

"How long have I been out?" I asked, sitting up and pulling off the blanket, stretching then placing my hand back in his.

"About four and a half hours." Nick replied.

"Have you got any sleep?" I asked him.

"Yeah, about two hours or so worth." He said.

I smiled. "Good."

"What were you dreaming about?" He asked. His tone seemed casual but his eye's gave him away. They looked slightly tensed.

I frowned. "I don't know. Why's that?"

"You were moaning a name. Someone called.. Josh." He said in a quiet voice.

I took one look at him before laughing loudly though I clamped my hand over my mouth so as not to wake anyone. Nick looked shocked.

"What's so funny?" He demanded.

"Josh," I giggled, "is a three year old boy I used to baby sit. Though, I think he's about four or five now."

"Oh." Nick said, his cheeks taking on a pink tint. "I thought.."

"Nick, you don't need to worry." I said softly, leaning against his shoulder and looking up at him.

"That's just the thing Zoe. I can't help it. It's just.. You've- Oh I don't know. It seems so different with you." Nick replied, leaning his cheek on my head.

"How?" I asked.

He sighed. "It's just you seem so.. Vulnerable. Sorry, but it does. I mean, you're small, you seem to be so carefree and yet I know there's a lot of things you keep hidden. Whether it's because you don't want others to hurt or because you don't want to hurt, I don't know. I just have this instinct as if I have to protect you. I need to protect you, don't you see that?"

"I just care about you Zo, a lot." He finished, looking down at me with his endless brown eyes.

My breath caught in my throat as I stared up into his face. I didn't know what to say. I'd never had this sort of attraction towards a guy, never had anyone been so compelled to protect me in the way that Nick was saying, never had someone read me so easily except for my own brothers and even then they still didn't know half of what I kept hidden.

As I stared in Nick Jonases eyes, I saw something. Something different, something unknown to me. I couldn't quite place it or even give it a name. His eye's stared at me, scrutinizing my look, trying to read my expression.

"Thank you." I whispered before I covered his soft lips with my own, our lips blending together in synchronisation.

I pulled away. "I just need to tell you this. I care about you too but remember, trouble won't befall me at every corner okay? I'm not a little girl."

He nodded. "Okay."

He gave me a final kiss before resting his cheek back on my head, my head on his shoulder and our fingers laced with each other. It felt right. This felt right. I stared up at him and for once, I didn't worry about the future, what was to happen. I simply stayed in this moment, lost in the whirling passion of a teenage romance.