Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

Home is Where the Heart Is.

"Hello Beautiful." Nick smiled when I threw open the door. I laughed at him.

"Cheesy much?" I smiled.

He shrugged. "Anything to make you smile."

I blushed and looked away. "Come in."

He stepped inside and then as soon as I had shut the door, pulled me against him, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I tangled my fingers in his hair and my lips parted.

"Oh get a room you two!" Tommy yelled, Nick and I springing apart.

"Don't worry Tommy, some girl will like you eventually, no need to be jealous." I grinned and he scowled at me before walking back out of the room.

"Okay, let me get changed and then we'll go alrighty?" I said to Nick.

"Can I come?" He smiled slyly and I slapped his arm.

"Kidding!" He put his hands up, a boyish grin on his face.

"I'll be right back." I rolled my eyes. I ran up the stairs and had a five minute shower before getting out and changing into a blue turtle neck jumper, grey skinny jeans, a pair of black flat boots that I still hadn't sent back to Kristen and my black bomber jacket with a grey beanie and a blue and grey scarf. I brushed my teeth and even applied a bit of mascara before going back down stairs. I didn't have my lesson until one this afternoon and it was only nine in the morning.

I came down the stairs and walked into the lounge to see Tommy and Nick sitting on the couch, watching t.v.

"Hey, where's Chace?" I asked, pulling my gloves on.

"Sleeping, probably." Tommy answered.

"Aren't you suppose to be at school?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Nah, free period this morning." He answered, not looking at me.

"Ready Nick?" I asked, grabbing (aunt Laura's) oversized blue handbag from behind the couch which she'd let me borrowed.

"Yeah, come on." He said, getting up, "See ya Tommy."

Tommy nodded mutely and I rolled my eyes, Nick taking my hand and leading me outside to where Big Rob was waiting, listening to his music.

"Hey Rob." I smiled, getting into the car.

"Hello Zoe, how are you this morning?" He asked me as Nick got in and shut the door.

"Tired but fine. You?" I replied.

"Thirsty.. And hungry." He said and I smiled.

"So, where to?" Nick asked me as we did our belts up and then grabbing my hand again.

"Um, I was hoping you would know." I said, looking awkwardly at him.

"Sure. Can you drop us off at Armani please Rob?" Nick asked politely. Big Rob nodded and started driving down the driveway.

As we were about to drive out onto the road, about twenty photographers suddenly started taking photos.

"Shoot!" I yelped in surprise as they crowded the car.

"How did they find you?" I turned to Nick.

"Love, I don't think it was just me they wanted a picture of." Nick smiled.

"But.. I'm not even famous yet." I said, confused.

"Have you not seen the papers or the gossip columns on the internet? You're everywhere, especially after the House of Blues and Ellen show performances." Nick told me.

"Really?" I asked, excitedly.

He nodded, grinning at me.

"Woah.." I breathed, leaning against him, his warmth radiating from under his jacket.

"This, Zoe Cooper, is just the beginning." Nick whispered in my ear, his warm breath spilling onto my neck making me shiver with pleasure.

"You smell like peppermint." I suddenly burst out. Nick stared at me strangely and I blushed, giggling.

"Um, thanks?" He laughed and I could see Rob's shoulders shaking up and down in silent laughter as he drove.

"Sorry, that just kinda.. popped out." I furrowed my brows and gave a nervous smile.

"I think it's cute when you say random things." Nick said softly and I blushed again.

"Come on you two, we're here." Big Rob said, getting out of the car. Nick put on a hat and a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers.

"Ooh, very slick Mr. Jonas." I smiled at him, putting on my own oversized sunnies and getting out of the car. Nick had dropped my hand but led me into the shop, both of our heads down.

We walked around the shop, he showing me tops, pants, shoes and watches. We walked past the jewellery counter and something glinted in the corner of my eye. I spun around and immediately spotted it. The perfect present for Tommy.

"That one please." I announced to the assistant, pointing down to the gift.

"Are you sure miss?" He asked me, taking it out and showing me. I nodded.

"Definitely."

"Alrighty then, that'll be two-hundred and seventy-five dollars." The man said. My eyes almost bulged out of my head.

"He'd better get me a good Christmas present.." I muttered darkly as I handed over the money quite reluctantly.

The assistant wrapped the gift in a box then handed it over in a bag.

"Thanks." I smiled just as Nick joined me.

"Do you know how much of a dork I looked like, showing some invisible person around just now." He said, a smile on his face.

"Aw, I'm sorry. I just saw the perfect present though for Tommy." I grinned.

"Show me?" He asked, his eyes becoming big as he put on a puppy face.

"Uh uh. Nope. No-one sees this until Tommy does." I said, shutting my eyes.

"Aw, come on!" He pleaded but I kept my eyes shut, knowing how incredibly stupid I probably looked.

"Nope. Now, come on." I said, reaching out blindly.

"You can open your eyes now." He said and so I opened them to see that beautiful boy with his dark curls.

"Hello." I grinned like an idiot and he shook his head before looking around him then placing a quick kiss on my lips.

"Come on, let's go get a coffee." He said. I nodded and followed him, Big Rob walking next to me.

"Oh my god it's them!" Someone yelled. I spun around and saw Big Rob trying to hold back teenage girls. Suddenly flashes were going off around us. Nick smiled for a few while I looked stunned as the flashes blinded me.

"Zoe, is it true you and Nick are dating?" Someone yelled.

"Come on Nick, tell the truth!" Someone else yelled.

"We're just friends guys." Nick smiled coolly.

"Then why are you two out together?" Another voice yelled.

"Nick was helping me get a present for my cousin." I cut in.

"How does it feel to be out with Nick Jonas, Zoe?"

"Pretty regular." I laughed.

"Okay, that's enough guys, Zoe and Nick are rather hungry." Rob said, pushing them away so Nick and I could get through.

It was making me crazy having him so close but unable to touch him. I stared at the back of his head when he turned around and flashed me a smile, making me blush and look at the ground.

We walked into Starbucks and Nick ordered me a coke and he a diet coke. We sat down at a table and waited for our drinks.

"Have you checked your Omnipod?" I asked Nick.

"Yeah, it's fine, don't worry." He reassured me.

I remember when I first read about him having Type One diabetes and how he had said he'd broken down when he was told. I looked at him, my brows furrowing as I tried to figure this boy out. He was so strong. I knew that if something like that happened to me, I'd probably just stop everything altogether.

"So, Miss Cooper, how's the past few days been for you?" Nick asked as we were given our drinks.

"Completely and utter insanity." I laughed, "Is that how it was, for you?"

He nodded. "Yeah, but after a while it became normal. I mean, when you love something then you'd go to any lengths to keep it wouldn't you?"

"Yeah, you're right." I agreed with him, sipping my drink through the straw.

"Do you miss New Zealand?" He asked softly.

"Like you wouldn't believe." I replied, not looking at him.

"It'll get easier. Home is where the heart is they always say." He said.

But where exactly where was my heart?

Oh, that's right. It was with the boy sitting across from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww. Cuteness.

Comments??

Thanks for reading, MUCH APPRECIATION!!!

P E A C E
x o