Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

Audition Nerves

The next morning I was free to wake when I wanted because Caleb had taken over my chores for today and I wasn't going to school. I woke at eight and lazily stood up, stretched. My phone beeped on my side table drawer next to me.

One New Message it read. I clicked it open and read the message silently.

From your girls at Marian babe!
Go hard and good luck! Love you!
xo


I smiled at the txt. It had been sent off of Kristen's phone. Indolently, I dragged myself to the shower, stripping down and getting in. I allowed the water to soothe my nerve's as I washed and groomed myself. I took a little longer than usual because I wanted to smell and look nice. I clambered out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and head. I padded through the hall back into my room, shutting my door. I checked my phone and saw I had another txt.

BTW! Dont 4get to wear the
clothes I dropped off last week!
Instructions 4 your hair on vanity k!
Youll do gr8! Ly x o


I rolled my eyes at Kristen's txt but hastily sent a reply back before opening my wardrobe. There, on a coat hanger, were the clothes Kristen had bought me. Kristen had picked out a long, dark blue striped sweater that came off one shoulder, a pair of light grey skinnies and flat, black sparkly ballet shoes. I put the belt Kristen had suggested around my middle and my outfit was complete. I looked in the mirror at myself. It was once in a blue moon that I dressed up like this, I preferred shorts and a t-shirt but I wanted to make a good impression.

I sat down at my vanity and applied the make-up Kristen had instructed.

Okay, mineral powder, light pink blush, mascara, mascara, now eyeliner..

I concentrated hard on not poking myself in the eye and I was successful. Once out of thirty wasn't so bad I guess. I finished apply the grey eye shadow and I was done. I looked at the instructions for my hair Kristen had left on my vanity and laughed. Only Kristen would actually give me handwritten instructions on how to do my own hair. I shook my hair out of the towel and side parted it. Taking my mousse (well Kristen's really, she gave it to me when I said it smelled nice), I squirted it into my hand and scrunched it through my damp hair.

Well that was easy enough.

"You ready yet Zo?" My dad asked, poking his head around the door. He came in and handed me an apple and a banana with a bottle of cold water.

"Yeah, thanks." I smiled, spraying myself with (Kristen's) Tommy Girl Summer. It smelled deliciously of watermelons.

"Mhmm, watermelons." Dad spoke aloud.

See. Told ya.

"Where's Ty?" I asked, biting into my apple.

"Just feeding the lambs. Hurry up and finish that then brush your teeth alright? We'll get going in about ten." Dad said before walking out. "Oh and Zo?" He said popping his head around the door again.

I looked up at him, "Hm?"

"You look beautiful."

I blushed at my dad's words, "Thanks."

Dad left again and I quickly scarfed down my breakfast. I took a swig of my bottle then went and brushed my teeth. I was just enjoying the feeling of my smooth teeth when dad yelled for me.

"Come on Zoe! Time to go!"

"Coming!" I called back. I rushed around my room, grabbing my cellphone, i-pod and cd. I ran outside, locking the door behind me then jumped into the back seat of the car, buckling up.

My nerves were beginning to get to me as we drove along the motorway doing a hundred. I kept twitching in my seat or feeling the need to keep moving. Even listening to my i-pod couldn't contain my anxiety. I hummed softly to the Jonas brother's, my heart beating violently in my chest as if at any moment it would burst from over exertion.

"Shit!" Realisation dawning on me, "I forgot the-"

"Got them." Tyler said, holding up my registration form. I let out a profound sigh at the sight of the papers in his hand. Relief settling for a moment before being over run by anxiety.

Thousands of thoughts raced through my head, each battling with the other to gain possession of my mind. I never knew thinking could become so agonizing.

"Chill Zoe." Tyler broke through my thoughts as I fidgeted with the hem of my sweater for the billionth time.

"I-I can't! I mean what if I screw up? Then I'll never get another chance because they'll think I'm an idiot for not even being able to sing a song and then I'll end up homeless and we'll be living in the gutter because of me!" I wailed, throwing my hands up as Tyler and Dad burst out laughing.

"You'll do fine Zoe and we won't end up in the gutters just because you didn't get through. Just breathe love." Dad soothed.

It helped a little bit but when we got there I began shaking. Okay, just telling you now incase you haven't guessed, I have a big thing with stage fright. Only, it's before I go on the stage I get stage fright. One time I shook so bad I we-

Let's save that for another time. A.k.a NEVER!

Dad parked the car and the three of us got out. Tyler and I followed dad into the Town Hall. I signed myself in with the lady at the front desk who offered me a seat, saying I would be called upon.
It wasn't until about two-thirty that someone finally called out my name. I followed another woman down a long winding hallway and then through a set of doors, through another hallway, though this one was packed with props and then finally, I came out onto a stage.

The auditorium I stood in was immensely massive. A man to the side of the stage took my cd, after asking what number song it was, I took my place centre stage, trying desperately to control the shaking in my hands. Lights shone in my eyes, disabling me from seeing the judges in the seats.

"Name?" Came a voice out of the darkness.

"Z-Zoe Cooper." I answered, my voice cracking.

"Age?"

"Fifteen sir."

"Your act then?"

"Singing. I-I'll be singing." I said, trying to distinguish a physical outline of at least one of the judges but failing.

"When you're ready then." The voice said, a little softer.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as my music began. I let it fill me from head to toe.

This was it.

Now or never.

I opened my mouth and allowed the music to become me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like that one!
Next one you're going to flip out for!!

Trust me!!
BTW comments are appreciated =)
Thanks to dark-skater who has
commented twice!!