Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

My assistant Lamb-Feeder

I cursed loudly as my alarm clock blared, disturbing a very good dream I was having with Ben Barnes. My eyes were still shut as I left the comforts of my bed and made my way to the shower, occasionally bumping into some object. After a quick five minute shower (because that's all I was allowed), I was alert and ready. I changed in my room into my blue, black and white chequered uniform that slightly looked like something a nurse would wear. I adjusted my belt then tied my long blonde hair into a ponytail. Yanking my blue wool jersey over my head I walked into the kitchen, my bag and blazer already on the seat waiting for me. I pulled up my socks as I sat at the table and buckled my brown t-bar shoes.

"Morning Zo." Dad greeted, walking in and sipping his morning coffee that smelled deliciously of caramel beans, "We'll leave in half an hour."

I checked the clock and noted it was six. "Alright then," I said.

I helped myself to some marmite on toast with a cup of juice, quickly scarfing the food down.
(I never said I was ladylike) I hastily brushed my teeth before settling in the lounge to watch the early morning cartoons. As Kim Possible's theme song began playing, Caleb and Tyler stumbled in. Their uniforms wrinkled and ruffled, Caleb's blazer button wrong and their hair sticking up in awkward places. They dropped onto the couch and I snickered at them.

"Late night boys?" I teased as Caleb groaned and Tyler's mouth fell slack, sounds of snoring emitting from him.

"Go jump in the car Zo, I'll be out in a moment." Dad told me as he walked in and spotted his snoozing sons, rolling his eyes. I left the room, grabbing my bag and blazer from the kitchen and heading out to the car, situating myself comfortably in the passenger's seat. Minutes later the driver's door opened and dad got in next to me.

"Ready for school?" He asked as he started the car up. I scoffed at him, "Who is ever ready for school dad?"

"Point proven." He smiled.

I put my earphones in my ear and pressed play on my i-pod. Chris Brown's 'Superhuman' began playing and I smiled to myself, humming along as we drove. I was listening to Robyn's 'Handle Me' when dad pulled up outside of my school. It was already eight and the bell would be ringing in twenty-five minutes.

"Tyler's driving you home tonight. So bus to Bede's and he'll meet you there, Kay? Love you doll." Dad said, giving my a kiss as I got out, saying goodbye.

I pulled on my blazer, buttoning it up before slinging my backpack over one shoulde and walking into school.

"ZOEE!" An exceptionally loud voice screamed. I spun around just in time to be engulfed in an unusually strong hug from Kristen.

"I told you you'd be great!" She boasted about my audition as we walked to M13, the usual class all of us year ten's hung out in before school.

"Yeah, yeah." I dismissed, laughing. We dropped our bags on the bench outside the class before walking into it.

"Hey Kris, Hey Zoe!" Tia, another year ten smiled, waving at us as we walked in.

"Hey Tia." We both smiled back.

"How'd your audition go?" Tia asked me as Kristen and I sat on one of the desks.

I grinned happily, "Absolutely brilliant." Everyone in the room soon congratulated me and I smiled happily.

The next twenty minutes consisted of us mostly gossiping, talking about school and greeting everyone as they arrived in the class (the year ten's I mean).

"Zoee!" A voice squealed (screeched horribly more like). I groaned inwardly as Kat Wooding, a bitchy, stuck-up (think she's just 'it') year ten sat next to me, clutching my arm.

"Hey.." I mumbled, withholding the urge to throw up.

"Oh my gosh, I soo missed you yesterday! I totally have to talk-"

"Oh there goes the bell! Sorry can't be late!" I said hurriedly, detaching myself from her, jumping off my desk and dragging Kristen outside to grab our bags. We headed off to maths together, me complaining about Kat and Kristen laughing at me.

"Ugh! That girl pisses me off so much!" I growled under my breath as we walked into our class and sat down in our usual seats.

"That would be because you can't say no to her so she walks all over you." Kristen chided me, taking out her books as I dropped mine onto my desk.

I gave a strangled cry as my phone vibrated against my leg, making it twitch.

"What is it?" Kristen asked as I pulled my phone out but kept it under the desk.

"Hang on." I said, reading the message.


Unknown Number:

Have fun at school. =)


I stared questioningly at the txt as Kristen read it over.

"Who is it?" She whispered as the teacher walked in, his mere presence causing each conversation to stop.

"I don't know." I whispered back. I kept my hand hidden as I txted the person back.


Who is this??


I pressed send and both Kristen and I waited for the reply. It was mere moments before my screen flashed with a new message. (I had taken it off vibrate so as to avoid being caught txting.)


Unknown Number:

Your assistant lamb feeder. =P