Status: Complete.

With Sin, Condemn You

Into the Lion's Den

"What. Is. That?" I asked my house mates, my eyes wide. The four who would be remaining here while Zacky and I are thrown into the hungry lion's den had led me to the back where a stable stood. Johnny was sent into the stable and came back with a creature that was pretty much only bones with a few chunks of meat hanging from them here and there. Thin black hairs started on the top and ran down the length of it's neck. It's piercing, red eyes came level with mine and it snorted in my face. I took an instinctive step backwards.

"She is a horse," Brian informed me snobbishly, petting her mane. "Well, was a horse anyway. Her name is Dominion and I'm sure she doesn't like being called that. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone came up to you and shouted 'What is that?!'" He pointed at me and replaced his normally smug look with one of mock horror, inciting chuckles from the others.

"You would know all about that, wouldn't you Brian dear?" I smirked in satisfaction as his terrified expression melted away to be replaced with a sneer. The others laughed harder at Brian's defeat.

Once they had gained their composure, I asked, "So is Dominion my mode of transportation for this journey?" Feeling brave, I reached up and stroked her skeletal nose. She snorted in contentment and let me continue. She was pretty as far as dead horses go.

"Yeah. Have you ever ridden a horse?" Shadows wanted to know.

"Is it bad if I say no?" I heard Zacky the necklace snort in my mind.

Shadows rubbed his forehead and groaned. When he looked back up, he replied, "Don't worry about it."

I shrugged and made my way over to the side of Dominion. Shadows and Johnny were immediately at my side, helping me up onto her back. I sat down side saddle and took the reins in my hands. "You shouldn't have to do much as far as steering goes; Dominion knows the way. Just hold on tight and hope you don't fall off. Good luck," said Shadows after making sure I was securely in the saddle.

"Oh that's real reassuring," I murmured, rolling my eyes.

"Be careful," Johnny ordered through telepathy. I smiled; Johnny was like the older brother I never had.

"Thanks, I will."

Brian walked to Dominion's head and looked over at Shadows obviously awaiting instruction. Shadows looked up at me one last time and offered one last piece of advice. "If you can, get him to drink as much alcohol as possible. The guy's got a loose tongue."

I nodded in acknowledgment. The only one who hadn't said a word this whole time was The Rev. I expected at least a smart ass comment from. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and saw him just staring up at me. I shifted uncomfortably then glared down at him. One of us had to be cheeky. "You know Rev, if you take a picture it'll last longer."

The Rev returned my glare and shot back, "If I tried that, the camera would break."

I blinked at him. "Touche sir." Before I turned back to face forward, I swear I saw a small smile on The Rev's face.

Shadows nodded to Brian, who turned to Dominion and ordered, "To Prince Alden's." Once this was said, Dominion reared, causing me to gasp and grip the reins tighter, and sped off across the drawbridge and into the darkness.

"How long is this going to take?" I asked Zacky, an edge of panic in my mind voice.

"Not long at this speed. Why, are you scared?" I heard a small chuckle from him when he finished.

"Of course I'm scared! I've never done this before! And on top of that, I could get killed going through with this scheme!

Zacky laughed again. "Don't worry your pretty little head. I'm between your boobs. Nothing's gonna happen as long as I'm around."

I rolled my eyes. "Aren't you sure of yourself.

Before he could make a snappy retort, Dominion stopped suddenly, making me fly forward and almost to the ground. Necklace Zacky flew up and hit me in the face. Fuck! Damn horse! That was like a mother fucking head butt! Who knew I could still feel pain as a fucking necklace, Zacky grumbled after I re-situated him on my neck.

I snickered as I slid off Dominion's back. I smoothed my dress as I walked up to her face. I caressed her snout and whispered, "Thanks for the ride, but next time, make the stop a little less abrupt."

Dominion snapped at my hand causing me to pull it back quickly. "I guess you don't like being told what to do."

When I turned around I saw a looming black castle standing over me. It looked like any medieval castle you'd see in a book. The two bodyguards Prince Alden had dragged with him on his visit marched across the drawbridge and stopped in front of me. The both bowed silently. One of them took Dominion's reins and started leading her away.

I shouted after him. "Hey! Where are you taking her?"

The other body guard didn't answer, but grabbed me by the upper arm and dragged me across the drawbridge. I struggled against him but his grip was too tight. By the way I was being escorted, I thought I had already fallen into the trap if there was one.

The two of us entered the castle's main hall. It was very fancy; the walls were made of gold and chandeliers made of diamonds hung from the ceilings. The floor was black and white tile with red carpet leading to a large pair of doors in the back of the hallway and to the two stairways around it.

"Ah, Alexandra," a voice boomed from somewhere above. I looked up onto the railing where the two staircases met and saw Prince Alden leaning over it. "Nice of you to join us." He walked down the stairs, his monarch arrogance showing with every step. He stopped in front of me and my captor and with a wave of his hand, his body guard let go. "Sorry about my guard's gruffness. We're not used to company such as yourself." He gave me a smile that could make any girl melt. Too bad I'm not any girl.

"It's nice to be here," I lied, giving him a very convincing smile.

The prince held out his arm for me to take. "Shall we, your highness?"

Without letting my smile falter, I replied a little flirtatiously, "We shall." Prince Alden laughed a little, and led me out of the room.

Well, here goes everything. If just one thing goes wrong, I could be killed. Oh joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
And the suspense is prolonged! I'm being evil this weekend!