Status: Slow updates; getting faster XD

Just Stay With Me Awhile

Change in Relationship Status

That night after the show, which Lili watched from the corner of the stage with the Berry twins and the other backstage crew, the guys were extremely exhausted. She waited on the side of the stage she knew Zacky would exit off of, but instead of acknowledging her and smiling, he just gave her a hateful look and walked past her.
"What was that all about?" Brian asked, walking over to her. She looked at his sweaty face, and shrugged, trying to not pay too much attention to him. She was trying to develop her relationship with Zacky right now; she didn't want to lead them both on.
"I don't know. I think he's still mad about this afternoon," She shrugged. "He can deal with it on his own."
"That's Zacky for you." Brian sighed.
"What's he done this time?" Matt asked, walking up to them, a beer bottle in his hand. He offered one to Lili, who politely declined. Just as her father, she did not drink.
"Nothing." Lili sighed. "But that's the problem."
"What, you two having some sort of marital disagreement?" He asked jokingly. She scoffingly laughed.
"Guess you could call it that." She shrugged. "Anyways, is there anything you guys need me to do tonight?"
"Nah. Wait...yeah, there is." Matt smiled. "We're gonna go and hang out on the opening band's bus. They specifically invited you."
She narrowed her eyes. "What for? I'm just your hair stylist."
Matt nodded. "I know."
"Is it because of who my dad is?" She asked, trying to make sure that it wasn't.
"No." Matt shook his head. She could tell he was being honest. "I really just think it's because you're hot."
"Is that the only reason they invite girls onto their bus these days?" She asked with a smile, knowing full well that Avenged themselves did it from time to time. Matt and Brian shrugged.
"Sometimes." They admitted. "Anyways, we've gotta go to the bus and clean up. We'll walk you back, there were a lot of creeps at this show."
"I thought you valued the fans?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.
"I'm not talking about the fans inside the arena. The security told us that there were a lot of creeps just hanging around the area in general. Told us to be careful, all that mumbo jumbo."
"Ahh. I see." Lili smiled. "I'll take you up on your offer, then."
They both flanked her sides, and despite her battle to keep any affection she may feel towards Brian at bay, she had to smile inwardly at herself when he put his arm protectively around her waist.
"Just to make sure you don't lose your way," He said, making an excuse for himself. "It's kinda dark out here, you know."
"Yeah, it is. Where are we, anywyas?" She asked him.
"Fargo." He replied. "Definitely a lot different than L.A."
They walked onto the bus, where Jimmy was already changing in the front part of the bus. They heard the shower going, and assumed that either Johnny or Zacky was in the shower.
"Mind if I change in the bunks?" She asked them.
"Nah, go ahead." They told her. "We'll just grab some clothes real quick."
The bunk room was dark, and she assumed that it was because someone had passed out already. Brian and Matt quickly grabbed a change of clothes and then closed the door, leaving her to herself. Not bothering to turn on the light, she just started pulling off her clothes to her bra and panties, not worrying about anyone seeing into the back of the bus since the blinds were covering the window. Just as she leaned over her own bunk to find a pair of clothes, she shrieked, finding someone lying in her bed.
"Jeez, I could swear to God it's like you've never seen me before." Zacky sighed irrately from her bed.
"Zacky, what are you doing in my bunk?" She asked him. He smiled at her, and through the darkness she could tell that for whatever reason, he was done being mad at her.
"I wanted to apologize for being an ass, I guess." He shrugged. "After all, it's not like we're together, right?"
Her heart sunk when she heard him say the words aloud, but she nodded. "Yeah, Zacky."
"But I think that should change. At least, somewhat." He started again.
"What do you mean, somewhat?"
"Well, you'll be you, and I'll be me. We can't change who we are, Lili. I can't help it if you're interested in other guys, just like you can't help it if I fuck the occasional groupie."
"What are you getting at?"
"Lili, are you okay in there?" Jimmy asked from the other side of the door. "I heard a scream."
"Yeah, I'm fine." She called back. "Thought I saw a spider."
He laughed, and then she heard him walk away from the door.
"Spider?" Zacky asked.
"It worked, didn't it?" She retorted. "Now, what are you getting at?"
"I think we can be...friends with benefits, but a little more than that." He said. "The papers want to see me get together with someone; your dad doesn't want you to be alone, which makes you vulnerable in his eyes."
"Are you suggesting we fuck each other when we feel like it and then fuck whoever else?"
Zacky shrugged and nodded. "Sort of. As long as it's on the DL, who cares?"
"I care, Zacky." She said, tears forming in her eyes. "I'm not the kind of person who has friends with benefits. If I fuck someone, I really care about said person."
"So you care about me?" He asked her. "I mean, you did fuck me."
"Yes, Zacky." She said, her voice rising a few notches. "I care about you."
"So why don't we go all the way, then?" He asked her.
"We already have, dipshit." She told him.
"No, I mean in the other way."
"What other way?"
"God Lili, are you retarded or something?" He asked her. "Be my girlfriend if you care so much about me."
♠ ♠ ♠
They're like fire and ice...but how long until fire melts the ice?