Status: Slow updates; getting faster XD

Just Stay With Me Awhile

Singing In Dad's Stead

“I’m here to see Vince Neil,” Lili said the next morning to the police officer. He sighed.

“Look, no offense, but I don’t really think it’s appropriate that groupies—“

Excuse me?” Lili grumbled angrily. She turned and pointed at Tommy, who was standing behind her. “Can you not see who I’m with? Vince is my father and I have every fucking right to see him.”

“Do you have proof of that statement, Ms…uh…”

“How incompetent are you?” Lili mumbled as she pulled her I.D. out of her wallet, showing it to the officer. He studied it carefully before sighing, almost as if he wasn’t satisfied.

“It doesn’t look like a fake.” He replied. “We have to search you down, though. It’s procedure.”

“I know it’s procedure,” She sighed. “I have visited people in jail before.”

The officer conducted a quick search, and then nodded. He went to search Tommy, but he shook his head.

“I’m not going in there,” He told the officer, as if the man was crazy. “I’m just here to make sure she doesn’t get into trouble.”

The officer sighed, but walked Jess through the halls until he was standing outside of a interrogation room.

“Because he’s high profile, we’ll let you use the interrogation room for your visit. But be aware that everything is being filmed and will definitely be reviewed carefully,”

Lili rolled her eyes before walking into the room, sitting in a cold metal chair. A few minutes later, her father walked in and smiled when he saw her.

“Hey,” He said as he sat down across from her. He gave her a quick hug, and then looked at her foot. “How bad?”

“They said I’ll be in a cast for a few months,” She grumbled angrily. “It wasn’t worth it.”

Vince smiled and nodded. “Guys usually aren’t worth it,” He admitted. “So what’s going on with Avenged? Did you quit?”

“Not yet,” She admitted. “I like the rest of the guys, they never did anything. But I know I can’t work with him after this shit. Not the cheating; that I’ve dealt with before. But I can’t work with him after what he did to you.”

“He didn’t do anything to me,” Vince told her, a chuckle in his voice. “Have you seen what he looks like since last night?”

Lili shook her head. “No,” She told him. “I’d make him look even worse, though.”

“I know, I know.” Vince laughed. “I raised you the Motley way.”

Lili laughed, and then looked at the floor. “If I do quit them I’m not going home,” She told him. “I don’t want to disappoint Mom like that.”

“She wouldn’t be disappointed,” Vince told her. “She’d understand more than anyone why you quit.”

“Yeah, I know,” She said. “But I’m thinking, since you got me that re—oops, I wasn’t supposed to say anything.”

Vince raised his eyebrows, but then sighed. “Nikki told you, didn’t he? That asshole. It was supposed to be a surprise. Neil offered you a spot in the band.”

“I don’t want to be in a band with my brother, Dad.” Lili joked. “If anything, I’ll just start a solo career or something.”

Vince smiled at her, and then stood up to hug her. “You better get going, then.” He told her. “The band has a gig tonight, and you’re singing in my stead.”

All the color drained from Lili’s face, and she shook her head. “Dad, I’m not…I’m not you. I can’t sing for Motley.”

“Why not? You’re definitely Motley enough.” He laughed. Then a serious look took over his face. “Look, Lili. I wouldn’t ask you to sing in my place if I didn’t think you were good enough. And you’re more than good enough. I won’t be out on bail for at least another week or so, and even that’s iffy. Someone’s got to sing at the shows, and it can’t be Nikki or Tommy.”

Lili sighed, but smiled at her father before nodding. “Alright. I’ll sing, I guess. Don’t be surprised if a bunch of hate mail comes in, though.”

Vince laughed as they walked out of the room. He hugged her one last time before putting his hands on her shoulders.

“Just remember I love you, okay?” He said. “And thanks for coming to visit me.”

“Aww, Dad,” Lili said, hugging him. “Of course I came to visit you. And I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Neil Wharton (Vince Neil's son) is in a band, actually. This is their website. Check them out on Myspace; they're amazing. I swear, he sounds like a replica of his father. (Or at least, he does to me)