Status: Slow updates; getting faster XD

Just Stay With Me Awhile

The End

“Lili, what’s wrong?” Her mother asked her a few days later when she walked into Lili’s house to see her laying down on the couch. The entire house was silent; she hadn’t bothered to turn the TV on, and the music that was almost always blaring throughout her home was off as well. Lili looked up when she saw her mom walk into the house and sighed before pulling a pillow over her head. She knew what her mother had come over for, but didn’t want to talk about it.

When Jesse had gone over to her house, she had felt guilty for letting him hold her hand. She had realized that whatever she felt for him was nowhere near as strong as what she felt for Zacky and Brian. And she couldn’t lead Jesse on like that; they’d been friends for almost her entire life, and even if she had fucked everything up with the guys in Avenged Sevenfold, she wasn’t going to allow her friendship with Jesse to be ruined. She had told him she didn’t see him in a romantic light, and that she only wanted to be his friend. He hadn’t been angry, though she had been able to tell that she’d hurt him when she’d admitted her feelings. Before he’d walked out of her house, he had turned to her and told her that he’d loved her for as long as he could remember, and it had only made her feel worse about the situation.

On top of that, the tour had ended yesterday and everyone was coming home. By tomorrow, she was going to have to figure out who she wanted to be with more, and what mattered more to her heart. Did she want to stay with Zacky, and deal with his moody type of love? Or did she want to give Brian a chance and see how far they went?

She just didn’t know anymore. Lea saw the tension on her daughter’s face and gave her a sympathetic smile as she walked over to the couch and sat down on the end of it, watching Lili’s face.

“Baby girl, what’s got you so depressed?” Her mother asked her. Lili sighed, not sure of what to say. How could she tell her mother that her heart was torn between two different men? Both of them would be good to her, and neither of them had done anything wrong at all in their relationships with her. She remembered how Zacky had been when they’d first met, and it almost made her laugh. He had been so volatile; it was a surprise to Lili that she hadn’t ended up hurting him or something. She was glad that she had taken the time to get to know him.

She also remembered Brian, and her first thoughts of him when she’d joined the tour as their hairdresser. She remembered thinking he was exactly what everyone else saw him as; a womanizing player. But that statement couldn’t be further from the truth, she realized with a frown. He was sweet, kind, and the sort of guy you could take home to Mom and Dad in spite of all his tattoos. He had a heart of gold, and it hurt her that she seemed to have broken it.

“Just…boy trouble.” She admitted with a murmur. “I have to figure it out by tomorrow.”

Just then, there was a knock on the door and Lili looked at her mother with confusion. Lea just smiled at her and nodded her head towards the door, telling her silently to get up and answer it. Lili did, and when she opened the door she gasped in surprise.

Standing in front of her was Zacky. She couldn’t help but grin at him; she really had missed his company, and she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek. “I thought you guys weren’t coming home until tomorrow.” She said into his ear, feeling him wrap his arms around her and pick her up.

“I caught a flight so I could be here sooner. I missed seeing you every day and night.” He muttered to her, seeing her mother he let her go hesitantly. “Is she going to kill me?” He whispered to Lili under his breath. Lili laughed and shook her head.

“I don’t think so, Zack.” She replied before grabbing his hand and pulling him into the house and closing the door behind her. She pulled him into the living room and stood in front of her mother. “Mom, you already know him, but this is Zacky.”

“Hello, Zacky.” Lea smiled at him before giving Lili a knowing look. “I better get going; your father’s coming in tonight as well. You’ll probably have a few other guests tonight too, Lili.”

Lili nodded, getting her mother’s message. She knew that Lea knew something she didn’t, and that she was telling her to tread carefully and not get carried away with Zacky in case someone else showed up. She sighed and pushed a hand through her hair before hugging her mom.

“I’ll come over tomorrow to see Dad, okay?”

Her mother nodded before waving at Zacky. “Don’t fuck up with my daughter, Zacky. I may like you, but she’s my kid, and if you do anything to hurt her, I’ll have your balls on a platter.”

Zack gave a hesitant laugh as Lea walked out of the house, closing the door behind her. When she was gone, he turned to Lili and smiled at her. “Threats run abundant in your family, don’t they?”

“Yeah.” She smirked at him, standing on her tiptoes to kiss his lips lightly. “It’s part of the package.”

“Guess I’ll have to get used to it, then.” Zacky smiled at her. “I don’t intend on letting you go easily.”

Lili’s eyes widened when she heard Zacky tell her that, and stepped back as she looked at him guiltily. He gave her a smile, letting her know that he wasn’t mad at her as he swiped some hair out of her face.

“I know that you had a date with Bri. I also know that you had sex with him.” He said quietly. “And I know that you’re confused, and that you probably are going to end up choosing Brian over me.”

“Zack, I—” She started. Zacky cut her off, holding a finger to her lips as he continued.

“Let me get this out, Lili.” He said quietly, pulling her closer to him again. “I realize that I’ve fucked up with you more than once. The whole thing with Gena, and everything before we actually got together. I also realize that Brian’s a lot better of a catch than me; he’s better looking, and there’s no doubt in my mind that he was an absolute gentleman to you when you went on your date with him. But…I can’t help but want to keep you for as long as I can. I know, it’s selfish. I don’t care. I can’t say I’m in love with you yet, because I don’t know if I am or not. But I do know that I like you a lot more than I’ve ever really liked any other girl I’ve dated, and that I want you to stay with me awhile so that we can see if maybe we can be that cliché couple in romance movies that always gets married in the end.”

When Zacky stopped talking, Lili didn’t say anything. The room was silent, and she didn’t try to move as he held her with his hands on her hips. Her mind was reeling a hundred miles an hour; everything Zacky had just told her had changed everything. Finally, he nodded and stepped away from her, sighing as he turned around and began walking towards the door. When she saw that he was leaving, she stopped him.

“Zacky…Don’t.” She whispered quietly, walking over to him and touching his shoulder from behind. She leaned her head on his back and hugged him. Now, she knew exactly what her heart had been trying to tell her. She wasn’t confused anymore; she knew what she needed to do and who she was supposed to be with right now. It wasn’t Brian, and it wasn’t Jesse.

It was Zacky.

“Lili, you don’t need to feel—” He started before Lili cut him off by turning him around, leaning on her tiptoes to kiss him again.

“Shut up, Zacky.” She said when she broke away from him. “I don’t need you to tell me how to feel. I…I was wrong, to do that with Brian. Because I just figured out that what I want is standing right in front of me, with black hair and green eyes. And I just hope to God he still wants to be with me for awhile longer, like he just said he did. Because I sure as hell want to be with him.”

Zacky grinned at her and wrapped his arms around her again, this time picking her up off the ground and twirling her once before putting her back down on the ground. He grabbed her hands in his, and then smirked at her.

Neither of them knew if they would be together forever, or what would happen in the future. They didn’t know how Brian was going to react, but in a way, neither of them cared. Because all they cared about right now was each other, and they were going to give their relationship everything they had.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is the end of Just Stay With Me Awhile. I had a lot of fun writing this, and hope you enjoyed reading it. I don't know if this is going to have a sequel or not, I really like how this ended. ^_^