Status: Slow updates; getting faster XD

Just Stay With Me Awhile

A New Love Interest

"Lili, can you come help me for a second?" Brian called from across the green room. She sighed, but walked acros to where he sat, studying his hair in the mirror.
"Yeah?" She asked. "What did you want me to do?"
"Save my hair?" He groaned. She narrowed her eyes, and then inspected Brian's hair. When she looked closer, she realized that there were several green blotches in random spots on his head.
"What have I told you guys about dyeing your own hair?" She sighed, scolding him like a mother would her child.
"That it's bad?" He asked. "I'm sorry, Lili. The box said 'purple highlights'. And this is what happened. Can you fix it without shaving it?"
She sighed, and pushed a hand through her own hair. "I think I might be able to, but it's going to take awhile. And just to let you know, it might hurt a little."
His eyes widened, and then he nodded mutely. She went to work about fixing his hair, making small chat with him about nothing in particular.
Three and a half hours later, she sighed and placed her hands on her hips. "There. What do you think?"
He looked in the mirror and then turned to face her with a big grin. "If you were God, I'd give up the booze and cigarettes, Lili."
She rolled her eyes and then giggled. "Yeah, right. The infamous Synyster Gates, giving up his badboy lifestyle because a hair stylist fixed his ruined hair."
He nodded, and then averted his eyes back to her from the other side of the room, where he'd been watching rather intently. "He was staring at you." Brian said in a low voice. She gave him a confused look.
"Who was staring at me?"
"Zacky." He said. "If looks could kill, I'd be twelve feet under about now."
"Why's he mad at you?" She asked, turning around to see if Zacky really was there. He was, leaning against the wall, his arms crossed against his chest, a frown on his face. He motioned for her to come over to him, and she turned back to Brian.
"I better go see what he wants." She sighed, crossing the room to him. "What?"
"You were flirting with Brian?" He asked, the frown increasing. She rolled her eyes and sighed irrately.
"Yes, Zacky. I was flirting with Brian." She told him. "Not that it's any of your business or anything."
Zacky placed his hands on her shouldesr. "You kissed me, remember? You fucked me, remember?"
"Zacky, let go of me!" She said, yanking her shouders away from him. "Yeah, we fucked. The last time I checked, that doesn't make me your personal property."
His eyes darkened, and then she thought she saw sadness in them. so what we did didn't mean a damn thing to you, Lili?"
"I never said that, Zacky." She told him. "But just because we fucked doesn't mean I'm going to be able to trust you."
"Fine." Zacky said, storming off. When Brian noticed that Zacky was gone, he walked over to her.
"You okay?" He asked her, knowing that despite the fact she would not admit it, she was, in fact, not okay. He used his calloused thumbs to wipe away the small tears that were in her eyes, and she couldn't help but feel comforted by his touch.
"Yeah." She lied, making it obvious. "I'm fine."
Brian knew better than that, and she knew it, but he decided not to press his luck. It was hard to get her to talk as was, and he didn't want to get her mad at him on top of that.
"Okay. Now, how about we go get some dinner tonight after the show?" He offered.
"We as in...?" She asked. He smiled at her.
"You and me." He smiled at her.
"Really? Are you sure you want to risk it?" She laughed. He shrugged and brushed a few stray strands of hair out of her eyes.
"You're worth the risk, Lili Rachman." He told her before walking out to the stage to do soundcheck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so terribly long since I've updated. Hopefully none of you have forgotten about my story.:)