To Know It Happens Everywhere

section 3

Time continued through the next day. I had people asking me what was wrong. Apparently there were people who missed some fun, crazy personality I had never noticed in myself. Apparently there were people who cared.

I got to English and everyone began reading from the text silently. I felt Will's eyes on me. and peeked up where he couldn't see me watching him. Instead of the regular hatred, there was a certain........remorse. Almost as if he hid feelings from me once again.

The door was kicked down with a crash as it fell to the floor. The sound echoed in the courtyard, and tiny sounds of falling remains of the door followed it. The sound was orchestral, but malicious. The sun was so bright outside of the room, that the figure standing in the doorway was barely visible as more than a shadow.

He stepped into the rooms florescent light and we saw him. He was tall and skinny, we were all watching him, and he seemed not to notice the number of people who were in the room. My tiny young little English teacher fainted, and one of the girls close to her desk went to her aid. The man was followed by two other men. All were young and slender.

The first to enter came closer and I saw hes features more clearly. He had red brown hair and bright blue eyes that seemed to look through the room as if to pick a sweet from a box. The man pulled two machine guns from under his long sleeved coat, and the two behind him did the same. All the girls screamed and the boys seemed to want and hide their faces. I sat there, barely able to believe what was happening was more than a strange day dream, and gazed at them all uncomprehendingly.

The first Man found my gaze and his eyes relaxed. I woke up to those bright blue eyes with a shock. I looked down at my appearance, my old ratty shoes, Invader Zim T-shirt, leather jacket, and old scarf. My hair was a definite mess, and I had no make-up other than a thick line of black eyeliner.

Yet his eyes were on me. He took slow, even steps, and seemed to inch toward me desk.

"Hello," he greeted me simply. The voice was beautiful, yet something about it put a chill through my spin. I was too afraid to speak so I only nodded in response. "What is your name?" He asked, as if trying to strike up a conversation. The two other men were standing blocking the hole where the door no longer was.

"Ummm.....M-Madison " I lied. He looked at me, at this point he was standing to the side of my desk.

"Now what is really your name, my dear?" he asked looking deep into my eyes. In a sudden braveness I gave him the same look he was giving me.

"Rene." I said with an edge in my voice that I had only slightly intended.

"A beautiful name for a lovely young girl." He said smoothly. Someone chuckled in a farther desk. The man who had been speaking in such an creepy way. Looked to the direction of the laugh and saw some one i hadn't known covering his mouth,
"Rene? Lovely? Where are you from, Pal?!" and after one loud half round of bullets, the room went back to silence. I squirmed in my seat and felt the panic I only just found I had been missing. Me, with my attitude.....that could have been me on the floor now had he not seemed to have taken a liking to me.

"Well, Rene," the Man continued as if nothing had happened. I leaned back slightly and caught the faces of my peers, who seemed intent on the situation, but scared to death of the next act from this man. "I am Michael. It is a pleasure to meet you." At this reply I looked down and tried to keep from seeming so nervous or scared.

"Come with me Rene, there are things we must discuss," Michael began and grabbed my upper arm, pulling me to my feet.

"NO!" I screamed and tried to pull away, then I realized mt words had an echo.I turned to see where it had come from.

Will was on his feet and his forehead was arched over his deep set eyes making him look menacing and dramatic. "You will not touch Rene again." He said in a tone that gave me more chills than Michael's had. I was about to cry, and I didn't know of what emotion it would be from.

Michael watched Will carefully, as if thinking through his next move quickly. A look of understanding wove over his features. " I see......your in love with this girl aren't you, Child?"

Will's brow arched over this eyes more, and they seemed darker. "If you do anything to her I will kill you."

Michael stayed calm."Brave boy aren't you? Rather risky to waste your life on a girl like her, Isn't it?" His grip tightened on my arm and I cringed. Will saw my pain, and stepped slowly around the desks of worried students to a direct path between himself and the strange new man.

"WILL NO HE HAS A GU--" I began to scream and Michael's hand slapped my face then held my mouth closed. A tear ran down my face and over Michael's hand. Will met my eyes. It was the first time he had seen me in so very long that the tears came silently in armies.

"And if I let this girl go, who can I take with me. This girl seems strong, I can use her can't I?"

"............I am stronger than her. It may not be as much of a sick pleasure to boss me around, but I can do more for you." The man addressing Michael now was not the same Will I had known, but someone much more intent on a hidden goal.

Michael's face held the expression that he was weighing options in his head. He suddenly threw me down and I fell, going over my desk then having it land on me. I felt an instant cold wetness on my head, and voices began to fade. I felt someone come put an arm under me, and a calm voice saying my name.

"Rene......Rene................My.........My love...........Rene....." I could feel muscles relaxing as everything faded into a bleak darkness.

I woke up, and it seemed only seconds later. I was nowhere special, I was simply in the same room I had been in when I had been knocked out of consciousness. I was far from the desks, laying on the carpet alone, and it was very dark. The door was still gone, and the air was chilly. I got up, and walked out the door where sunlight stung my eyes.

Floods of students were walking back to the buildings from the fields where we go during fire drills, and only the ones from my class looked traumatized rather than annoyed. People from my class saw me and ran up to ask me questions I couldn't understand in my dizziness.

They all suddenly stopped when I barely asked where Will was. One of my more shy friends answered.

"We don't know. The guys just drove off and no police or anyone knows where. They're gone....."

And then, though this event made no sense even in a complicated movie, I cried like I never had before. I just cried.

Will was gone.