The Painful Truth

April Fools Joke? This isnt funny.

APRIL FOOLS, 2004

“What’s wrong?” she said as she tried to stare into his eyes. He couldn’t bring himself to look her in the eyes. “Nothing.” He replied looking towards the ground. “Are you sure?” “Yeah…” “Ok…” she replied as she tried to grab his hand. He pulled away and started walking to class. She turned, in shock and confusion, to the stairs and began to walk up slowly as her heart sank to the ground. “Maybe it’s an April Fools joke?” she hoped all through the rest of the day.

APRIL FOOLS (NIGHT), 2004

“Hey, can you do me a favor?” she asked her sister. “What?” “Call him and ask him what’s going on. Why won’t he tell me what’s the matter?”
“Ok.” Her sister dialed his number and when he answered she made small talk. Leaning close to her sister, the question was asked, “So why are avoiding her?” He thought for a moment. “Do you want to break up?” her sister asked.
SILENCE
“…yeah…” A pain so horrible ripped through her chest as her heart completely dropped. “I don’t want to hurt her. If I break up with her I’m afraid she’ll try to commit suicide.” Her sister talked to him a bit more but it all went blank. “He didn’t want to hurt me…afraid I might commit suicide…” she felt a solitary tear roll down her cheek. Her sister hung up. “I’m gonna do it.” She said looking at her sister as she grabbed the phone. “I’m not going to be the one who’s dumped…I’m not gonna be the one hurt again.” She got up and walked to her room. She looked at the phone, dialed the number and waited.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read and comment. Id really appreciate it! Yes, i know its short.