I Can't Help You Fix Yourself

Scars remind us that the past is real

I woke up, breathing heavily in my bed. I clenched my eyes shut and sat up in bed. I looked at the glowing red clock on my bedside table, and sighed. It red 5:26, which was too far away, yet to close to my 5:40 alarm setting to wake up. I got up, not bothering to turn on the light and going to the bathroom. I stared at the mirror, brushing out my brunette locks. My dog, Bella, whined and scratched at the door. I opened it and looked at my Siberian husky. She was six, but still only looked around six months old because she was a runt. She was given to me by the doctors, and she was a therapy dog so I could get over the stress. I gave her a scratch and got in the shower, trying to wash away the bad dreams I'd been having.
In every one, every time, there was the same boy. Sometimes, he was almost an adult, others, he was only a little kid. But every time, he turned into the insane clown, the Joker. It was never a pleasant experience to be dreaming about eating ice cream with a little kid, then have the kid turn into a psychopath.

I got out of the shower and dried off, then went to my room to get dressed. I did all my hair and makeup, then went to the kitchen to make coffee. While the coffee was brewing, I flicked on the TV to the news. On the screen was a video of the Joker, being captured. I stared at the TV and turned it up, walking towards it.

"Early this morning, the mass murderer called the Joker was captured and taken into police custody. He is being questioned as we speak, and it is said that he will be taken to Arkham Asylum sometime today. He is being held in a straightjacket, and will remain in one until his caregivers at Arkham feel he has 'saned' up. More will be reported after GCPD's press conference scheduled for eleven o'clock today."

I stared, stunned at the TV. As a Psychiatrist, I dealt with a lot of crazy people. But none that had killed that many people. I was snapped out of my trance by my phone ringing.

"Hello, this is Dr. H. Gilbert."

"Harp," Jordan's voice came into my phone, making me sigh with relief. "Did you see?"

"About the Joker? Yeah, I just was watching it."

"How'd you feel?" he asked. "I mean, about the dreams you had, that's gotta be a relief."

"Jor, dreams are completely random. I was never concerned about myself because of the dreams."

"Well, that has to be freaky, dreaming about some creep."

"Yeah, I've got to go, I'll talk to you at work," I said, grabbing some coffee and hanging up. I patted Bella on the head, then walked out the door to my car, making the drive to the outskirts of town and to Arkham Asylum.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Joker Story.
Comments are appreicated a lot.
:]