I Can't Help You Fix Yourself

I am the ***er,

I walked into the reception room, grabbing my white lab coat. "Good morning," I said to the receptionist as I carded in.

"Dr. Damsen wants you in his office as soon as possible," the receptionist said, holding the phone to her shoulder.

I nodded and took off towards Damsen's office, putting on the coat. I knocked on the door when I got there.

"Come in," Dr. Damsen's voice announced, deep and dark.

He didn't look up when I entered his office, but Dr. Reid, and Dr. Reinhart did. "Good morning," I smiled, sitting down in between Reid and Reinhart.

"You're rather late," Damsen said, looking at me from his desk.

"No later than usual, Dr. Damsen. I'm sorry I don't live here," I smiled. All three of them lived in the apartments next to the Asylum in case of emergency.

"Maybe you should change that." He didn't smile at me. "You heard about the Joker."

"I did," I said, staring back at my boss.

"Well, I'm assigning the case to you, with Reid and Reinhart assisting. Are you alright with that, Dr. Gilbert?" he asked, handing me the file.

"Yes, sir," I said, looking at the file.
Name: Unknown
Alias(s): The Joker
Age: Unknown
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 180 lbs
Disorders: Unknown
Criminal Record: Numerous killings, robberies, assaults
Considered very dangerous, restricted in a straightjacket.


"When is he going to arrive?" I asked, giving the file to Dr. Reinhart.

"In a few minutes, Commissioner Gordon just called to confirm. Reinhart and Reid will only be your assistants; I want you to do most, if not all of the interviews and sessions. Am I clearly understood?" he asked, looking at Reid, Reinhart and I.

"Yes," I said in unison with Reid and Reinhart.

He stood up, taking us to the door. "Dr. Gilbert," Dr. Damsen added after Reid and Reinhart left, "I don't want you to get to involved in this case. Reinhart told me about your reoccurring dreams." He paused and looked at me. "I don't want them to interfere with your work, Dr."

"They won't," I said, looking at him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," he replied, walking back to his desk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah, more filler crap. He's in the next chapter.

GO CHECK OUT MY OTHER JOKER STORY, IF YOU DON'T ALREADY READ IT!

Also, while I'm advertising stuff, go to myspace.com/settlethesky for awesome christian hardcore music.
:D