Status: Completed

I Want To Scream 'I Love You'

Please Tell Me Your Joking

*Pete's POV*

I opened my eyes reluctantly. I didn't want to see the look on Patrick's face, I didn't want to have to face any of this. But I had to. For Cassidy. Patrick was stood still and silent, staring at Cassidy. I was waiting for him to turn around and punch me in the face or something, but it didn't look like he was going to, which worried me slightly. His eyes looked kind of watery but I couldn't really tell whether they were or not.
"So, the baby might not survive either?" His voice was broken and barely a whisper. I nodded slowly, breathing in deeply. I didn't want to loose the baby. Our baby. I wasn't really sure on the idea of it at first, I wanted Cassidy to focus on school and me to focus on the band and stuff. Just have fun for a while. We were both too young.
"I'm sorry Pete." Patrick spoke a little louder, turning to face me. "As much as I hate the fact that you've got my sixteen year old baby sister pregnant, I don't want you two to loose your child. I know that if the baby doesn't make it Cassidy will be crushed and probably blame herself, knowing her. I don't want that." I was shocked. I hadn't expected 'Trick to act this way at all. I was waiting to be murdered, not hear him apologize. I knew he was right though, Cassidy would blame the whole thing on herself, even though it's not her fault. The irritating beeping sound that was monitoring Cassidy's heart beat began to slow at an alarming rate. Patrick ran into the corridor, screaming for a doctor whilst I stood, frozen.
Please, no. She can't die. I thought as I watched a crowd of doctors and nurses rush her out of the room on the hospital bed. Where were they taking her?!
"Pete, c'mon." Joe said quietly, tugging on my sleeve. I walked in a daze back to the plastic chair outside. I had a feeling we'd be here for quite a while.

Eight hours later!

"Pete, wake up. Cassidy's come round." Patrick smiled, practically dragging me into her room. Her eyes were open, but she looked terrible. She was pale white and looked tired beneath all of her cuts and bruises.
"Hey baby, how are you feeling?" I asked quietly. She smiled weakly at us both.
"Um, I'll live." She joked, wrapping her hand around mine. She looked so tiny and breakable. I felt like I'd hurt her just by holding her hand. She'd been in surgery for a few hours, then it took a while for her to come round. A doctor entered the room, coughing to let us know he was there.
"Miss Stump I'm afraid I have some bad news. Did you know by any chance that you were pregnant?" He asked. WERE?! What does he mean 'were'?
Cassidy nodded, her eyes looking up at Patrick. He just stroked her hair softly, letting her know that he knew.
"I'm so sorry, but we were unable to save your child." The doctors voice was quiet, I could tell he found it hard saying this. Cassidy stared at him wide eyed.
"M..My baby's..dead?" She managed to ask between sobs. He nodded slowly, making tears begin to cascade down her pale cheeks. My arms were suddenly wrapped around her, cradling her body close to mine.
"It's ok Cass, calm down sweetie." I tried to soothe. It was no good. She hit my sides lightly, pressing her head into my chest.
"It's not ok Pete! It's not!" She sobbed harder. Tears began rolling down my cheeks. No matter how many problems we faced by having this baby, we still wanted it. We had even discussed names, schools, nursery colors. Everything. We both had grown to love the little thing growing inside Cassidy's stomach, it was ours. We had created it together, and now it was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, don't hate me !
But I have a few good ideas coming up okay, so keep reading (:
x