We'll Be Tonightless

Affliction

“So you and Jackson are doing what?” I asked while I was getting dressed the next day.

“Interview and photo shoot for some magazine. Press for New Moon is already starting.” He explained, pulling a shirt over his head.

“You want my car cause Nicole’s picking me up.”

“Nah, he’s already on his way to get me.” He told me, “Now where are you going?”

“Nicole, and me are going out to get outfits for tomorrow night.”

“Right, we have your friend’s party right?”

“Yup.” I nodded as my phone started buzzing. “There she is. Want me to pick you up from the shoot or whatever?” I asked him grabbing my bag.

“Sure, call me when you’re done.” He told me pulling me in to a kiss before I went running out to meet up with Nicole.

“So on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad was the fight when you got home?” Nicole asked me while she drove down the street.

“I think before we get to that on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad are James and Brandan?”

“James is a 1, and Brandan is a 3.”

“What happened to Brandan?”

“Black eye and a bruised rib.” She told me as I pulled out my cell phone immediately.

“Hello?” I heard Brandan’s tired voice answer.

“I’m coming over and taking care of you tonight, no excuses.” I told him and then hung up.

“You sure you’re dating Rob and not him?” Nicole laughed.

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know it’s just I can’t help but see how Rob always looks worried when you take off with Brandan and how you always worry about him.”

“I can’t help it, he’s my best friend.” I shrugged. “I mean I don’t feel anything towards Brandan that way.”

“Okay, just checking I can never tell with you two. Some days I think you’re both like fucking behind our backs others I see you both as being family.”

“The rollercoaster known as Erin and Brandan.” I laughed.

“Now what happened when you got home?”

“Silence until he fixed up my hand.” I told her.

“And after that?”

“Medium sized argument chock full of realizations of each other and ending with him telling me he’d give up his life of excess just to keep me happy because he needs me as his balance.”

“I like this one.”

“I do too.” I nodded, “He makes me feel things you know, like everything’s different with him. I’m scared to wake up in the morning cause I think he’s not real.”

“Aww that’s so fucking cute!”

“Shut up you.” I mumbled.

“So where do you want to go?”

“Fredrick’s.”

“I had to ask, I should know by now that every year you use Trevor’s underwear new years
party to piss of the three goons.”

“Now, now I’m a taken woman now I have to settle it down just a bit.”

“You’re totally not are you?”

“Nope but it’ll be classy this year!” I assured her as she parked the car and we headed to the store.

“Sure, like last year right or how about the year before that when they told you to wear something long that covered you, what did you do, you went out and got that night gown that was sheer but covered your tits and vag.”

“I still have that one.” I said as we walked in to the store.

“I’m not even going there, Ooo green” She said walking off to a rack that had silk nightgowns.

After about 45 minutes we both had what we wanted, Nicole had found a lime green and black lace nightgown that ended right above her knees the way she wanted it. I found something that would top all past years and still not be sleazy.

“I still can’t believe you got bridal lingerie.” Nicole said as we threw our bags in her back seat.

“What? I think it’s cute.” I defended.

“It is cute, but still I find it funny, last year you walked in with a corset and skanky boy shorts and this year you’re walking in with bridal lingerie.”

“They’re just no telling what I’ll do next.” I laughed as she drove me back to my place.

“Did you tell Rob it’s an underwear party?”

“No, I was hopping to not tell him so he’ll go in clothes and the when we get there he can take them all off while I throw money at him.”

“You are one sick and twisted individual do you know that?”

“I’ll tell him.” I mumbled.

When Nicole left me off, I headed upstairs to my apartment as well as calling Rob to see what he plan was.

“Hey baby,” His smooth voice answered. “I’m not going to be done for another hour or so.” He added.

“That’s cool, because I wanted to go to the supermarket to pick up a few things, so I can do that and then swing by to get you.”

“Are you sure, because Jackson and I were going to just head back and hang out at the apartment if that’s okay with you?” He asked.

“It is, but I was planning on going to see Brandan cause Nicole told me he got pretty messed up last night.” I told him

“Hmm” He paused as I opened the door to my apartment.

“How about you both come? I can get the both you of you from Jackson’s just give me the address.”

“Hold on let me ask him.” He told me as I heard muffled talking, “He said okay, I’ll text you his address I really have to get back to the photo shoot.” He told me.

“Okay, so I’ll see you in a bit.” I told him before I hung up.

I wrote a quick list of everything I wanted to buy before I forgot it and then ran Yoshi out for a walk before I left for the supermarket. After I brought Yoshi back and fed him, I grabbed a hoodie and l headed to the supermarket. I was more or less in and out of the store, just in time to get a text from Rob saying he was at Jackson’s and the address just as I was packing
my trunk with what I had bought. I had a good hour drive to where Jackson lived, let alone the possible traffic, so I quickly finished packing up and then headed to Jackson’s.