Sequel: Mr. Dreamer

Ms. Matchmaker

Forget

I fell asleep in the guest room that night. My entire body was so sore to the point of me just sleeping in my jeans and my plain black v-neck. I couldn’t help but to shut my eyes tightly every time the door opened.

Once I opened then again, I’d see something new from Nick on my nightstand. Roses, a note, a little box, then he didn’t come in again. He must have fallen asleep.

Around two AM, I woke up with the moonlight shining on my face.

It wouldn’t be very loyal of me to leave without a bit of an explanation. I owe Nick more than that, don’t I?

I grabbed the nearest pen and paper and wrote down exactly what I wanted to tell him.

Nick, you were and are truly the only man I will ever love. I leave half of my heart with you as the other half never left Arizona. Just know that If I had a second chance at doing all of this--I would have said yes to seeing you every time in a heartbeat.
I don’t regret having ever met you. You’re the light I could never find--my music in a dark room.
But, please--promise me this--don’t come after me. Only heartbreak will find us and I don’t think I can stand another crack under my chest before I shatter completely.
I love you.
Always.
Amory.

A tear drop slid down my face and hit dead center where “Always” was written.

I looked over to where Nick’s gift were. I grabbed the note and the little box that was sitting on it.

The box was laced with black satin and a white ribbon. My finger twirled the white trail, slowly unwrapping it. Inside was a white gold locket on a thin silver chain. I picked it up.

The little heart shape shimmered as the blue moonlight haze glowed around it.

I pried it open. Time seemed to stop when I saw what was inside. In one side--a picture of the Eiffel Tower. On the other--a picture of when we kissed just after he proposed to me.

What am I doing? I can’t leave. He really loves me.

But why won’t I change my mind?

Maybe I don’t know how to show him that I care for him just as much--possibly more.

God, I’m talking to myself. I’m going insane.

The note that sat on my lap fell to the floor. I struggled to pick it up but eventually did.

Forever and always..
I meant it.

Nick is making this entire ordeal exceedingly difficult to go through with. Then again--that’s what he’s trying to do, isn’t it. He’s trying to get me to stay.

I bit my lip.

The clock on the adjacent wall’s ticking just got louder and louder.

I shook my head then reach for my phone. My fingers dialed the first person that appeared in my mind.

A groggy sounding Justin answered his phone with a yawn, “Hello?

“Justin?”

“Amory? What time is it there?” He asked, clearly still half asleep.

“Um, 2:43 AM.”

“And you are awake, why?”

“I needed to ask you for a favor.” I took a deep breath.

“This can’t wait ‘till I’m actually awake?”

“No. Justin, I need you to book me a flight back to Arizona.” I said quickly but clearly.

I could hear him shuffling in his seat, “Wait--what--why?”

I held my breath to hold back the tears, “Justin, I want to come home. I-I hate it here.”

He hushed me, “What happened?”

As soon as I started to shake my head, I realized he couldn’t see me. “I don’t want to talk about it. Can you just get me home?”

“Yea, sure,” He started shuffling again. “A flight for tomorrow?”

“No, today.”

Justin sighed, “Does Nick know you’re doing this?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, Justin. The sooner I get out of here, the better.”

He exhaled sharply. “Nick is definitely going to kill me.”

I laughed once, “Thanks, J-Bo.”

“No problem, Am. I’ll pick you up from the airport. Your flight is at ten AM.”

“Alright, see you then.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.” I hung up my phone and held it close.

It’s done. There’s no turning back now.

“What time do you leave?”

I looked up only to find Nick standing in the doorway. His eyes were red, his hair disheveled. It looked as if he hadn’t slept at all, just laid down in bed and let the tears fall.

I sat up, “Ten.”

Nick walked up to me cautiously. He sat down by my side of the bed. He extended his arm to stroke my cheek, hesitated, then placed his hand back down.

“There isn’t anything I can say or do that will make you stay, is there?” He asked with a coarse voice.

I realized he had said this as more of a statement than a question. I guess he knew the answer already.

I shook my head, “No. I wish I could say yes, but--”

“I screwed up everything.”

“I don’t know anything anymore.” I sighed.

We sat in silence for a while. The crickets continues to sing steady soft melodies as the wind whispered to the trees. Moonlight gleamed through the single white window pane in the room. It’s glow shimmered through the air.

Nick suddenly spoke, That say at the airport, when I saw you standing there by the door with a sign that had my name on it--I didn’t think it was real--I didn’t think you were real.”

“Nick, I--”

“Are you going to try to forget me?” He asked with worried eyes.

I chuckled and shook my head to myself, “How could I forget?’

He smirked in the slightest. “What can I do that will ensure that you definitely won’t forget?”

Even in the darkness, his eyes blew my away. That warm olive green shade that made me feel at home, away from everything, it was still there. It never left.

I looked at him despite my distraction. “Just kiss me and remind me why we ever started this.” I whispered.

Nick’s hand when to my cheek. I felt his lips touch mine. That warm electric feeling coursed through my body as his tongue slid across my lower lip.

As I closed my eyes, Nick’s kissed began to trail down my neck. He slid the sleeve of my shirt off my shoulder, caressing my neck with his hand while he continued to let his lips wander on my chest.

I put my hand to nick’s chest. I attempted to push him away--in turn I ended up pulling himm closer.

His lips were on mine once more.

I tugged on his white v-neck. He got the hint.

Even in the dark, I could see the tattoo that stretched across his bare chest.

Nick pulled off my tank top and threw it to the floor. His lips tackled mine in an instant.

As if I actually thought an of this through. Everything that just happened in three seconds just seemed to vanish. This thing--what we’re doing, this is the only moment I need to focus on.

I hooked my fingers on the belt loops on Nick’s jeans, gently pulling them towards me.

His hands quietly unbuttoned my jeans.

We collapsed back onto the bed. His heartbeat on my chest raised my body heat while his tongue traced the outline of my collar bone in kisses.

I arched my back forward. Nick unhooked my bra gently.

My fingers fumbled but succeeded when I unbuttoned his jeans. He sat upright, took them off, then threw them on the ground along with the other articles of clothing.

His hands slid down from my waist.

Nick pinned my arms down to either side of the bed with a firm grip of his hands. Slowly, he thrust himself inside me.

A moan escaped my lips.

His body moved back and forth rhythmically.

“Amory…” He whispered my name.

Suddenly the rhythm became faster, harder.

I clenched my fists as he stopped. My eyes opened as a silent breath passed through my lungs.

The temperature of the room lowered yet again, and our heartbeats slowed.

Nick laid down next to me. His chest moved up and down. His eyes closed.

“I won’t forget.” I said to myself before the room just became cold and the lights from the sky turned to black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel dirty.

Time to go bath in holy water!