Sequel: Mr. Dreamer

Ms. Matchmaker

Positive.

The first week away from Braintree was like any other. Katrina and Katie greeted me as usual. I could tell they were just pretending as if nothing had happened as to keep my mind off of everything. Thank goodness they had some sense in them. It’s helping to release some of the stress off my shoulders.

The second week, I already started to forget everything.

This is week three.

“Amory!” Katrina called from the kitchen. “Wake up! Rachael and Gabi are here!”

I sat up slowly. Regardless of my speed, suddenly a mass amount of pressure hit my head. I hissed in pain as I ran to the bathroom.

As if something was knotted in my stomach, I felt my mouth becoming moist. I dragged myself to the edge of the toilet seat.

“K-Katrina…” I whispered. “KATRINA!” I screamed a second time.

“Jesus! Are you getting murdered?!” Rachael, Gabi, and Katrina ran to the bathroom only to witness me hanging over the toilet bowl.

Awkward?

“Am, you okay?” Rachael reached out to touch my back.

I held my hand up. “J-Just a second…” I took deep breaths.

“Do you need us to call the doctor, Amory?” Gabi asked.

My breathing became shaky. Then just as the pain in my head spiked, it was like someone pressed a button to empty my already small stomach.

Stomach acid burned my throat.

“W-Water—“ I still sat over the white porcelain.

I heard footsteps running away then coming back.

Katrina handed me the water. “Here—“

I swallowed it all. “What just happened?” I coughed out.

“Hangover?” Rachael asked.

I shook my head. “I never drink enough to have a hangover.”
“Allergies?” Gabi pitched in.

“I took my medicine last night and it’s good until the morning.” I shut my eyes quietly.

“Are you sure you don’t need to go to a doctor?” Katrina kneeled down beside me.

I sighed, “Just give me my phone. I need to call Justin.”

“Justin?” All three asked simultaneously.

“Just give me my phone—“ I held out my hand.

Gabi ran to my room and handed me my Samsung.

“I need a minute.” I looked up at all of them.

The second they left, I dialed Justin’s number.

“Justin?”

Amory? What’s up?” I heard his voice on the other line.

“Justin, I need you to come over.” I felt beads of sweat gathering at the edge of my lips.

Why? What’s wrong?

“Just get over here Justin.”

Seriously, Am.

I sighed, “I just puked my guts out, and I’d appreciate it if you can help me confirm something.”

You’re kidding.

“It’s been three weeks, Justin.”

Justin came over after I convinced Katrina, Rachael, and Gabi to leave. I sat in the corner of the bathroom with my head between my knees.

“Amory?” Justin ran into the bathroom. He had the pregnancy test box in his hands. His eyes looked so worried as he sat down beside me. “Are you sure you want to do this?”

I swallowed. “I need to know.” I nudged him out of the bathroom.

After he stepped out, I stared at the little stick in my hands. I never thought it’d come down to this. I thought I’d always be the one who was lucky.

I guess, now I’ll know.

JUSTIN POV.

I paced back and forth in front of the bathroom door. It couldn’t take this long for the test to work, right? Oh, hell. How would I know? I’m a guy, and I’m pretty sure the pharmacy woman thinks I’m player now that I’ve bought two pregnancy tests in a month.

Goodness.

Just before I took another step, I heard something fall to the floor in the bathroom.

My heart rate sped up. I swung the door up, only to find Amory curled up into a little ball, lying there helplessly on the floor tiles.

“Oh, God.” I ran to her. “Amory, say something.”

Amory shook all over. The sweat that covered her face made it seem like she’d just finished swimming and didn’t even bother to dry up.

Her hand shook dangerously as she handed me the pregnancy test.

Positive.