Sequel: Mr. Dreamer

Ms. Matchmaker

Zack

"YOU NERD!"

"HOLD STILL, DAMMIT!"

"GET THAT CLAW AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled, ducking my head beneath any surface that would do anything.

"Will you relax?!? It's just an eyelash curler!" She swung her arm in front of me as I ducked behind the nearest chair.

I pointed to my eyes, "Excuse me?!? Do you see my eyes? Asian eyes! We don't need eyelash curlers! We never will!" So, I might be over-reacting but really.

"Ugh," she threw her head back. "Fine."

I smiled then sighed, "Can we just go now?"

She looked to the clock then nodded, "He should be waiting for us actually. You're lucky that you live so close by."

I rolled my eyes, "Let's go already."

If there was any appropriate time to use the term awkward for a date, it would definitely be now. I mean, don’t get me wrong. Zack Merrick, he’s exceedingly handsome. Again, don’t get me wrong. But I think it just won’t work. Let’s just say that we ran out of things to say after introductions and compliments.

My eyes glazed over the scene while my finger absent-mindedly traced tiny hearts on a napkin. Zack scratched his head occasionally. He sighed.

“Well, this is awkward.”

I followed him with another sigh, “I couldn’t have said it better myself.”

“Don’t misunderstand my intentions or anything, you’re beautiful, but…” He started.

“It just won’t work.” I finished.

He smiled, “Exactly.”

I chuckled, “I must admit that you are very charming, but…”

“Do you want to just stay friends…?” He finished for me.

I smirked, “Seeing as you are already finishing my sentences then maybe we should.”

He laughed, “Come on. I’ll walk you home.”

I stood up after him, “Uhm, Zack?”

“Yeah?” He looked back at me.

“C-could you just do something for me?” I said quite nervously.

He smiled, “What is it?”

“I know this is, again, awkward, but do you think you could, uhm, kiss me at my front door? B-because, you know, Katrina is there and she is going to kill me if nothing good comes out of this date—“

“Sure.”

“Really?”

He shrugged, "Why not? I have friends that are wondering how this is going, too, you know." He continued to smile.

"This should be a pleasant friendship." I decided.

Zack walked me to my front door. I made sure my foot steps were heavy so that Katrina would know we were there.

"Good night," Zack smiled.

"Good night, Zack," I returned it.

I could see Katrina smiling from the corner of my eye. She pushed the curtains every so slightly just to see us.

Zack leaned forward and left a light kiss on my lips. "Still no sparks, right?" He smiled.

I giggled, "Nope. You?"

He shook his head and pulled me into a hug, "Maybe we can still hang out some time."

"I'd like that." I smiled.

He turned his heel and walked away. The door flew open. Katrina started screaming, "I knew it! I knew it!"

I laughed, "Relax."

"Why?!? This is perfect! You two are so cute together! I knew it would work out!"

I rolled my eyes, "I don't think so."

Her jaw dropped, "Wha--why not?!?"

"We were better off as friends." I pushed open the door further and dropped my coat on the coach by the door. "You picked a good one, though."

She pouted, "Why?"

I walked over to her, "He is a very good kisser."

She laughed, "So, I did pick a good one. Let's just hope the next is better."

"Oh, great." I groaned.

"What?"

"There's going to be a next one."