Sequel: Mr. Dreamer

Ms. Matchmaker

Rachael

I actually skipped over what happened at Rachael's. The entire thing just made the date more unbearable, but now that it's over, I can talk about it.

After watching Nick walk away, digging an even bigger whole into my heart, the car ride to Rachael's house was pretty numbing.

Just as Rachael opened the door, she smirked, as if instantly knowing why I was here at her doorstep. "Do I need to get the ice cream out?"

I rolled my eyes and stepped inside, "The date was unsuccessful not heart-breaking."

She chuckled, "Same difference." She shut the door behind me, "So what brings you here to my humble abode?"

I sighed, "What do you know about Nick Santino?"

She continued to chuckled, "I figured you would ask about him. Garrett told me what happened." She pulled a chair up to the dining table.

I pulled up the seat, "So, what did Garrett tell you exactly?"

She smiled, "He said that the prank did go well until Nick decided to play a double sided prank which resulted in you two kissing... Am I correct?"

I nodded slowly, "In other words."

"So what seems to be the problem? It must be big if it's bothering you enough to come here." She smirked.

"Honestly? I don't know why it's messing with me like it is." I scratched my head.

She leaned forward, "Did you... like it when he kissed you?"

"Well, I--"

"Any tingling sensations?"

"I--"

"Picturing him naked?"

"Gross! No! Why would I--"

"Last question! Why do you think you can't stop thinking about him?"

I sighed, "I think it's because--"

"That's all I needed," she sat back.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.

She smiled, "I didn't need a reason for that question."

"Why?"

"Because you began to answer it. That means you are thinking about him all the time. That should say something about you."

I sighed, "I can't explain why he's on my mind, Rach. It's killing me. I've never... It's just new to me."

She giggled, "And you still wonder why. You've never really opened your heart to any guy before. You always shrug them away or force yourself to think of something wrong with them."

I combed through my hair with my trembling fingers, "That probably won't work with this case, will it?"

"Probably not." She leaned forward again, "Now that you have gotten that off your chest, answer the other questions."

"I did like it... when he kissed me," I smiled to myself.

"Next?"

I nodded, "There were tingling sensations. Everywhere. When he first smiled and walked over to me... When he held me hand and it-it slipped down to my waist. When he put his hands on my cheeks, it just felt numbing, but in a good way." I took a deep breath. "In short, I never wanted him to let go."

She smiled slightly, "You don't need to answer the next one. I think you've learned enough just by talking about him--"

"Rachael, I need to ask... you... something."

I think if there was any way that God could send a sign that I shouldn't run away from Nick, it would probably be this.

Nick stood at the doorway probably just as wide-eyed as I was. Rachael's glance switched from me to him.

She laughed once, "Well. What a coincidence."

He scratched his head, "I should go then--"

"No, wait." I stood up. "Rachael and I were just finishing up." I pushed the chair beneath the table, "See you later, Rach."

She had a confident smile, "Buh-bye, Am."

I grabbed my purse from her couch and walked right past Nick. I held my hand in the doorway, "I'll see you around, Nick." I said quietly.

I trekked to my car. I sighed and hit my head repeatedly against the dashboard, "Someone tell me how long it takes before I die because I want to be able to count down to my goal." I said to myself.