Sequel: Mr. Dreamer

Ms. Matchmaker

Icing

"Amory!!! Where's the chocolate icing?" Katrina called to me as (from the other sounds I could hear) she was rummaging through the pantry.

I sighed, "In here!" I looked back to the television, pressing the play button on the movie I was watching while I did. The chorus for The Phantom of the Opera echoed though the walls from my room. I sniffled while taking another spoonful of icing as the Phantom let Christine Daae leave with Raoul.

Hmph. He doesn't deserve her. Can't she see how much more in love the Phantom is with her than Raoul? As if the mask was a total turn off. What a bad choice.

I wagged the chocolate coated spoon at the screen, "You can live without her, Jerry. She's just a stupid opera singer with a pretty voice." I sniffled again. "Who you gave your heart to." I tried to scoop up whatever icing was left at the bottom of the tub. "Stupid singers... blinded by the stupid spotlight--"

The door swung open. Light flooded the room, glaring out the final scene of the movie. My eyes started to sting.

Katrina stepped in with her hands on her hips. She stepped forward and snatched the tub of icing out of my hands. Lucky for me, I kept the spoon in my mouth.

Her jaw dropped, "You--you finished the entire thing?!?"

I nodded in silent guilt.

She shook her head, "That's it--" She swiped the spoon out of my mouth. "You have had enough icing for two lifetimes." She started to head back to the kitchen to throw away the tub most likely.

"Wait!" I jumped out of bed after her.

Katrina spun around and pointed the spoon at my face as if it were her index finger, "You, young lady, need to get out."

"Uh, no, I don't." I shook my head. "I'm fine."

She sighed, "Do you realize how long you've been in this how, never leaving your room except to get a new movie and more icing? Which, by the way, I needed. Now I don't have any frosting for John's birthday cake."

"It's John's birthday?"

"Yes, and you would have known that if you hadn't locked yourself up for, like, three days. And don't change the subject."

"Well, I can't really help it. Maybe I would have gotten out of the house if you and Katie might have come through with your stupid bet," I walked away and plopped on the couch.

Katie walked into the room, "I heard my name."

Katrina rolled her eyes, "She's going through guy withdrawal."

"Oh, boy." Katie sat next to me. She turned around to face Katrina, "So, did you tell her about tonight?"

"What about tonight?" I asked.

"We're throwing a surprise party for John at Pat's house. Are you well enough to join us?" She replied.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I mean, I haven't even bought a present for him. Can you just tell John that I'll see him this weekend and that I don't feel well?"

Katrina sighed again, "Oh, alright. But it better be a damn good present because John hasn't seen you in a while."

I chuckled, "I love how your boyfriend misses me."

She laughed, "Well, you were friends before we started dating. And we only did start dating because of you."

I smiled with tired eyes, "I just like making people smile."

Katie smirked, "It works."

I sighed, "So, I 'll be home alone tonight? Well, unless one of you two have magically conjured up the perfect man."

They both shook their heads.

I rolled my eyes, "You guys are just sick messes."

Katrina stuck her tongue out at me while Katie just pouted.

I stood up, "Well, it's like five o'clock. Damn. I've been in my room that long?"

Katrina raised her eyebrows, "You have no idea."

I sighed, "I will go back to my room now. You two have fun."