Hello

One Of One

I breathe deeply, savoring the precious air that fills my lungs. I open my eyes and stare at the vast emptiness that is my home town. Why does it feel like there is a gaping hole in my chest, searing me, ripping me open, mercilessly killing me from the inside? I do not know.

I feel eyes in the back of my blonde colored skull. I turn my head, searching for the eyes that watch me, but to no avail. I feel a presence near me, as if someone was standing in touching distance.

Maybe I am losing my mind. But then again you cannot lose something that you have never had.

“Mother?” I called out, but all I received was silence. Cold, bitter silence. I cannot escape the silence that engulfs me. It follows me, sucking the life from my already lifeless body. I sigh, shaking my head. I refuse to feel sadness for unchangeable things.

I begin my short journey to my small house. Alone in its surroundings, the trees it’s only companions. I spot it in the distance, not far at all. The rocking chair sat still on the porch, the outer walls of the house no longer beautiful as they were once upon a time; now their paint peeled, showing the imperfections of the wood underneath. I imagined a happy family playing around the house, that was no longer decaying, but in perfect condition, laughing, no worries burdening their peaceful minds. My image soon shattered as I approached the decrepit home. The wind whistling around me, unnerving. I caught my breath, staring at the houses eyes, the windows that sat above the door that stared back menacing; like a predator eyeing it’s prey.

I tore my eyes from the windows and walked slowly up the stairs, they screeched with ever step.
This dark, eerie feeling flowed from the house, filling me with dread. It seeped into my pores,
causing me to shudder.

I opened and walked though the door, particles of dust shifted and fell around me. I shook them out of my hair and brushed off my dark clothes. Breathing deeply, dust flowing down my throat and into my lungs, coating them in the dark matter. Coughing slightly, I straightened my jacket. Preparing myself for what lies ahead.

Steady, I thought.

I blinked, swallowed, and walked forward. I heard whispers coming from the living room.

I always thought it amusing, a room named for living when no one actually lived in it.

I came to a halt, silently looking over everyone in the room. I saw a few faces I had once known, and others I had not. A woman who must have been in her late forties noticed my statuesque figure standing in the walkway. She walked up to me with a sad smile on her face. I did not know her, but she seemed to know me.

“It’s nice to see you again, even at such a sad time.” she said, placing a hand upon my shoulder.

I nodded once, my eyes never meeting hers. A man I once knew as ‘Father’ stroked my cheek, startling me.

“I didn’t think you’d come.” he said.

“I wasn’t going to.” I said, brushing his hand from my face.

He sighed, “Are you still mad at me?”

I didn’t have to answer.

“I understand.” he said, “I’m glad you came though.

I nodded again, glancing at the box containing the person I loved most within it.

“Go say goodbye to her.” he said.

I shook my head, “I’ll go say hello.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is quite different from what I usually write about. I actually wrote this for my mom, she wants a piece of my writing that she can show her friends. So, Merry Christmas mom!

Tell me if this is any good. I'm weak in the area of writing... I'm a slash person. :]

oh, and I'm sorry if none of this makes sence. I just wrote it I didn't really think. It... just... flowed... you know?