Widow or Divorcee?

Day Fifteen.

I sat on the couch. The heartattack doesn't really effect you when you've gone through so much in a little over a week. My father was connected to a million machines. He was in a coma, as the doctors had put him. Everything about this incident just got me back to when I was eleven. My dad got into a car crash, and almost died at the scene. He at the hospital in a coma for a little over a month.

My mother rushed out of the house. She pulled my little hand. I was scared. My guitar slipped out of my hand and crashed onto the floor. Luckily not breaking. She pulled me into her old jaguar car and she slipped into the drivers seat. Applying a thin layer of eyeliner, she started for wherever the hell she was going.

-

After about an hour and a half of driving. Maybe not really, but I barely paid attention to the time as we drove, we arrived at Citizen Berry Hospital. My mom pulled me out of the car, almost pulling my arm off when she noticed I still had my seatbelt on. When the seatbelt was securaly off, and she checked, she pulled me into the hospital, slamming the door so hard the noise vibrated in the parking lot.

She pulled me into a smelly elevator in the lobby that made my nose and ears hurt. The music was like opera. My mother was tapping her toes rather quickly. When the elevator door opened, she shoved by the doctors and literally shoved me down into a plastic chair outside of Room 36F. Holy shit, we're on the sixth floor?

My mom looked through the window and blew a kiss towards it. I looked in the glass and I saw someone I never knew. Or at least thats what I thought. Who knew it was my father?


I glanced at the room number and rolled my eyes, "Just has to mbe 36F right mom?" She looked at me, and made a confused face.

"Remeber when dad was in the car crash. He was in room 36F. This is the same room." She looked at the door and then remebered the room they told her when they called. She laughed oddly.

"You can go home. Pick me up later."

+

I was hanging out with Frank. He seemed pretty happy even though his father was in a coma. I guess he was hiding his feelings. He wasn't one of those kids that liked crying in public. Even though he seriously cried everytime something wrong happened to him up to this point.

He twirled a pair of keys in his hand as he tried to beat a game on the old Nintendo 64 I had left in the basement. "Hey, Frank, I have songs for the band we're going to start soon." Frank paused the game and read through the song names. There were a lot so it was a lot to handle. It was enough for maybe three albums in total. He picked up Mikey's extra bass guitars and played Mikey's part in the music sheet. He played it correctly and Frank nodded.

"I definatly like 'Vampires Will Never Hurt You'." Frank giggled, and started playing his game again. He was about to win when Bob slammed open the door and the control flew from Frank's hand as he curled up into me in shock.

"We have a gig!" I stared at him, while Frank's jaw was ajar.

"When?" Frank asked, sitting up, and patting the seat next to him. Bob seated himself and began.

"In about week, Flipstone has a open mic where we could play, and supposadly some guys from a major record company are going to be there." Bob started clapping like a girl.

Frank handed Bob the music sheet and smiled, "We're doing this song for the Open Mic, mmk?" It was weird that Frank said Mmk, but I thought that was not the right time to think about that. Bob nodded and imagined drumming that.

"I like it. See you on Saturday. We're practacing."

"Tomorrow?" I stood up, and grabbed the controlled from the floor, "You nuts."

"Nope."