Widow or Divorcee?

Day Five.

It seems that I was happier apart from Eliza, because the second my kids tackled down Mikey and Joshua. The second I noticed Alicia cracking up at how much Derrik was stronger then Mikey. The minute my parents hugged Derrik and Marc. I knew I was home. I knew I shouldn't have left when this is the only place I needed. Sure Alicia and Mikey lived a few doors down and they live apart from my family but I moved out of state. I shouldn't have done that.

Marc soon ran up to me as I chatted with my parents and explained that Derrik and him were going to sleep over at Joshua, Uncle Mikey and Aunt Alicia's place, because they wanted to have fun after that disaster. I nodded. It seemed the Marc was left behind, so Mikey came back and picked him up and carried him out, piggy back style. Mikey saves the day.

My mom seemed to have been happy I dumped her. "Why would you be happy mom? You were ecstatic when I proposed to her, and even more ecstatic at our wedding day."

"I had to hide it," she shouted at me. Thank god the kids weren't here. "Her mother, Lydia, warned me about her ways when she was sixteen. She went into some sex ring and became a prostitute. She changed to be with you, but I guess that didnt last that very long."

I swore my ears were deceving me. I didnt hear what I just did. I tried to tell myself it wasn't true. She loved me until now. Until she slept with my best friend. Tears strolled down my eyes and my mom had to hold me as I sobbed. I guess even after a divorce you still get your heart broken over the littlest things.
-
I fell asleep seconds after that disaster. I awoke to a quiet house. I knew Marc and Derrik were at my brother's, so no worry there. But why was it so quiet for my mom and dad. I stepped out and walked over to their door.

'Gerard. Out Shopping for extra food. Be back soon. -Mom'

I sighed and walked into the kitchen. I made myself a coffee and sat down on the table, reminising the days when she was still my wife.