Widow or Divorcee?

Day Eight.

It was quiet in the house. I dont know why, but the only thing I heard was the rustling outside. Not the breathing of Aribelle, my dad's snores or my moms mumbles. It was dead silent in this house and it was creeping my out. I stood up and walked over to the crib. I pressed my hand on her stomach and felt it move. I put a finger near her nose and felt the air entering and exiting her nostrils. She was alive and I wasn't going crazy.

Even though my eyes were slipping shut, I didnt want to fall asleep. I pulled at my eye lids until they were wide open and took a deep breath. Then something fell onto the floor. It came from outside. A small pebble sized object had paper wrapped around it. Unraviling the paper, I read it slowly.

It's Gerard.
Uhm.. I feel kind of lonely at the house.
So you want to hang out?
I'll see against your garage.
--Gee


My heart suddenly fluttered and I couldn't but smile. Running my hands through my unwashed hair, I grabbed a hoodie resting on a rocking chair. And slowly exited the house, to not wake my parents or his daughter. Exiting the house, he found Gerard smoking against the garage. I walked up to him slowly.

"What's up man?"

Gerard shrugged and then I leaned against the garage door. We looked at the moon, and I couldn't feel closer to a friend that I haven't seen in what seemed like years. It was like we have talked in those two years.
------
We talked for a few minutes. I closed my eyes to smell the air as rain fell down onto the ground. As Gerard stomped out his cigarette and lifted his hood. He kissed me. It was a peck but he kissed me. I looked at him and he smiled. He then disappeared into the air. My heart stopped at that moment and I had to drop to my knees to keep from fainting.

Holy Fucking Shit.