Love Is a Battlefield

Part 11

Kate went to run through the crowd, but was picked up and tossed to another. She went to scream, but a hand was placed over her mouth. She bit, they didn't flinch. She could fell her body being carried through the building and then out the doors, the chilly night air grazing her skin. She fought the tears as they threatened to escape her eyes. To her right she could see Selina Hill and Kaylana Butash, the co-captions an the cheer-leading squad and Jason Waters, captain of the football team. She couldn't see her capture, but she figured it was Walter Jackson, Jason Water's favorite crony. The girls giggled as the boys had fun, punching her and pushing her around. Kate's face was hard, anger evident and the tears being fought back.

Jimmy looked around the room. "What the hell's taking Kate so long?" He asked, standing up and looking over the heads of his classmates.

"Maybe she fell in?" Johnny said with a laugh, causing Jimmy to throw his spoon at him.

"I'll go check the bathroom, Zack come with me." Lexa said, standing up and walking to the restroom.

"We'll go check out the bar." Brian said, taking Cameron with him.

"Let's go check the hallway Matt, maybe she needed some air or something." Eliza said, dragging Matt away from the table.

"Johnny, you two stay here in case she comes back. OK?" Jimmy asked. Johnny nodded in acknowledgment as the couple scanned the room. "I'll go check outside, if the others come back, send them out too." Johnny nodded again as Jimmy pushed his way to the outside door.

Kate could feel the blood run out of her mouth and her vision get blurry as the girls started to kick her sides. The boys had apparently finished beating her down, and now the girls were being vultures, picking up and pulling apart the left behind pieces. She groaned as Kaylana hit an already bruised, and probably broken rib. Selina pulled her up by her hair and slammed her head off the ground, and that was when Kate, lost consciousness.

Jimmy ran through the door and scanned the parking lot. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Cars, couples making out, and someone getting the shit beat out of them by the jocks. No, not just someone, Jimmy saw Kate, being thrown around by Selina and Kaylana, as Jason And Walter watched close by, laughing.

Jimmy bolted across the parking lot, all but one thought erased from his mind. His only thought was take the biggest out first, so he went for six foot five, three hundred and ten pound Walter and decided to move down from there. He knew his odds were shit, but he'd do this even if it killed him.

Matt and Brian came back to the table first with Eliza and Cameron.

"Any sign of her?" Matt asked looking at Johnny and his date Kimberly.

"No man, but Jimmy went outside to look for her. Asked me to tell you to go out there when you came back." Johnny said, scanning the room again.

"I've got a bad feeling about all this." Brian said, looking at Zacky and Lexa as they came back, no Kate.

"She's not there. I asked a couple of the girls in there and the attendant lady. They said she was never there." Lexa said, grabbing Zacky's hand.

"I don't like this man." Zacky said looking over everyone to see if he could see Kate.

"Dude, let's go. Jimmy wants us outside. Johnny you guys better come too, she's obviously not in here." Eliza said, worrying about a girl she barely knew.

Jimmy was thrown into a tree as he flailed his arms, hitting anything and anyone around him. He could still see Kate's unconscious body being thrown around by Selina and Kaylana. This made Jimmy's anger rise as he charged full force at Walter again, finally knocking him down. Jason then came after Jimmy. At least he had one down, for now.

Matt was the first out the doors and in the parking lot. What he saw mortified him. Kate seemed lifeless as Kaylana Butash and Selina Hill tossed her around. Jimmy was for the most part holding his own against Jason Waters, but Walter Jackson was pulling himself off the ground and had his eyes set on joining his companion.

Eliza followed Matt's gaze and gasped, "Oh my god!"

The others looked in the same direction as the walked out, Matt and Eliza charged to the scene, and they soon followed. The group split, girls running to Kate and her current attackers, boys running to Jimmy and the two large football players. The scene looked like a full fledged war. And actually it kind off was.

Brian and Johnny had Jason Waters down in minutes, he was face down, hands held behind his back while Johnny sat on top of him.

"Go help with Walter." Johnny said, motioning with his head to the other group of boys, struggling with the gorilla-like boy.

Matt and Zacky were trying to hold Walter down while Jimmy threw punches at him. Brian joined Matt and Zacky and the three finally got the giant to fall. Jimmy was still on autopilot as he punched away.

Kaylana was easily taken out by Cameron and Kimberly. Kimberly hadn't shown it but she was quite the firecracker. Cameron who was a gymnast and cheerleader was also apparently a black belt in karate.

Eliza and Lexa worked hard to get Selina down. Selina was well built for a cheerleader and had a father trained in martial arts. But eventually, the game of numbers got the best of the girl and Eliza and Lexa took her out.

Jimmy finally settled down some as his brain noticed the situation. The four attackers were being held down, but Kate's near-lifeless body lay battered on the ground. He threw one last punch into Walter's bloodied face and ran to her side. He took her head, resting it in his lap as her stroked her hair, whispering encouragement in her ears.

Jason pulled away from Johnny and ran, Johnny went to chase after him, but was stopped by Brian who had just lost his grip on Walter. The two attackers ran and tore their female counterparts from the girls and ran. The group figured chasing them would be a wast of energy right now and that Kate needed their help more than she needed revenge. The group surrounded Jimmy and Kate as Eliza called for help.

"You'll be o-kay baby. I promise." Jimmy repeated over and over while he rocked back and forth, his first true love placed in his lap.

Eliza shut her cell and looked over everyone. "They said they'll be here as soon as possible. Ten minutes tops."

The group nodded as the watched sanity slip away right in front of their eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this was worth the long wait i made you guys endure. :P

Comments would be nice, since this sadly doesn't get many