Love Is a Battlefield

Part 9

The day of the spring dance came around and while most girls were doing each others hair and nails, Kate sat alone, doing these things by herself and listening to loud music. She was alone in the house, her father had fought to get the day off, but his boss wouldn't allow it. Kate had promised him that she would take pictures of her, Jimmy, and the gang for him.

Kate finished curling the last section of her multicolor hair and looked in the mirror. Her make-up was soft, different from her usually dark raccoon-like style. The dress she bought with Zacky still looked perfect. Her thoughts wondered to her deceased mother. Kate knew in her heart that her mother was watching, and probably crying. It was at that moment that the sky opened up, allowing a pouring rain fall onto SoCal. A small smile danced across Kate's face, a currently rare occurrence. Her short-lived happy moment was interrupted by a loud, consistent banging and the sound of muffled yells.

"Kate! Kate open the door! Fuck! Kate, hurry up it's raining!" She heard Zacky yell, the rest joining him.

Kate sighed and made her way downstairs to the front door. She opened it and five drenched boys ran in, carrying suit bags, which Kate assumed held their tuxes for the night.The boys hair was dripping in their faces and the eyeliner they wore ran down their faces.

"Kate! Oh, my God! You look amazing babe!" Jimmy went to hug her, but she squealed and ran away before he came to close. "What's wrong? Do I offend?" He asked smelling under his arms.

Kate giggled, shaking her head. "Jimmy, you are soaking wet and I am already dressed. I suggest you all hurry and change and dry off. The limo will be here soon and we still have to pick up the four other girls. Who I have yet to meet." She said glaring at the four other boys.

They all agreed and ran upstairs to the other rooms. Kate grabbed five towels and followed them, throwing them into the different rooms they wen into. When she was done with that, she went back downstairs, grabbing her shoes and a clutch.

Matt was the first one down, i looked at him and smiled. It was just like him to wear his 'Fuck Your Morals' shirt underneath his tux along with his all black tie. And then one could not forget his signature aviators.

"Matt you would." Kate said with a smirk.

"I would what?" He asked grinning. "Come on Kate, did you really think 'd wear a full tux?" Kate went to answer, but Brian rushed down the stairs, slipping and flying into Matt. "What the fuck man?"

"Sorry Matt. I'm excited to see Cammy." He stood up, and unlike Matt was wearing his whole tux. It was all black except for a purple tie. "Kate, did tell you how nice you look yet?" He asked. Kate shook her head. "Well, you look stunning my dear."He said, picking her up in a hug. Brian was almost like her big brother that was the same age as her. If that made any sense at all?

Matt hugged her next and told her how good she looked when they heard a yell and someone fall down the steps. Johnny stood up, brushing himself off only to fall over again. His shoes were still untied.

"Short-shit! Tie your shoes so you stop falling over!" Matt yelled throwing a book at him. Johnny tied his shoes before dusting himself off and making his way to the group.

"Johnny, why didn't you tie your shoes before coming downstairs?" Kate asked.

"Thought you'd leave without me." He shrugged.

Kate hugged him. "You know I wouldn't let the boys do that." Matt and Brian groaned and she glared at them, moving closer to Johnny.

"Make way for some hot ass!" Zacky yelled, pushing Johnny out of the way.

"Zacky, your ass is not hot!" Johnny yelled at him.

"That's what you say. Let's get an opinion that matters, Kate?" Kate looked at Zacky and smiled. He had on a white button-up shirt underneath his tux and a red bow-tie. On anyone else it would have looked stupid, but on Zacky it looked perfect.

"Yeah Zack, I'd say you were a hot ass right now."

"Hey! What about my ass?" Kate heard Jimmy ask causing her to turn around. His suit was all black except for the bright blue stitching and pink tie.

"Hottest ever." Kate said, hugging him.

The guys groaned and walked outside, the rain had stopped and the limo had arrived. They waited for the lovey-dovey moment to end. Minutes later the couple joined them and they were off to Matt's date's house.