Status: Short Hiatus....updates next week.

That Fragile Capricorn

Clingy

Brendon woke the next morning to the feeling of someone playing with his hair. He looked up to see Ryan looking down at him, making loose curls of brown hair around his left index finger and smiling softly.

"Morning." Ryan whispered as Brendon realized they were side by side on the couch. And when Brendon didn't reply, but looked at him confused, he went on to say; "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Brendon said, praying Ryan wouldn't probe any further then the first question.

"Don't lie." Ryan spoke, almost sounding hurt.

"Well," Brendon started, but then was at a loss for words, he had so many things to tell him. "am I...clingy?"

Ryan looked taken back by the question, and he was. It wasn't everyday Brendon was concerned-no-embarrassed by how close he and Ryan really were, it wasn't everyday Ryan was the one to get close first either. Perhaps, something just felt awkward when, at that moment, Brendon woke up next to Ryan.

"A...little." Ryan said carefully. "But, there's nothing wrong with that."

Brendon's face drooped at the words, and a touch of shame hinted his eyes. "Let me rephrase that." He spoke in a whisper. "Do you mind that I'm clingy?"

"Not at all, I enjoy being your teddy bear." Ryan said with a smile.

Brendon smiled back and cuddled himself into Ryan's chest. He could hear Ryan's steady heart beat, being this close must not of bothered him is it was in friendship, but Brendon's heart was racing. He forced himself to keep his breathing steady as Ryan continued to play with his hair. 'So, he likes them clingy, wonder how he'll feel about that on stage tonight?' Brendon thought as he traced the stitching of Ryan's pants with his right index finger. Ryan fidgeted with Brendon's movements, trying to suppress giggles and a wide smile on his face.

"You like that?" Brandon asked with a smile.

"It tickles." Ryan giggled as he squirmed under Brendon's touch and slightly pulled his hair.

"I'll take that as a yes." Brendon cooed.

"What the h-e-double-hockey sticks are you two doing?" Spencer asked as he walked in on the scene.

Brendon and Ryan jumped at the sound of his voice. They looked at each other and then burst into laughter. Spencer looked at thee two, laughing like maniacs, confused, he didn't get the awkward humor in the situation.

"Well?" He asked as he sat down in a lunge chair.

"We were loving each other." Brendon said with sarcasm in between fits of laughter.

"I swear, Brendon, if it wasn't your quirky personality and nature, I'd think you two have a thing for each other. And I'm sure any normal person would have long since said so." Spencer rolled his eyes.

'Thank god your not normal enough to notice.' Brendon thought silently as he cuddled himself back into Ryan's chest, 'Because if you were, you'd see that I love him. Makes me wonder what Ryan thinks...'

"Please, like we'd care." Ryan said as he started to play with Brandon's hair again. "And, it's not like you and Jon are completely innocent of it. You should see some of the looks you and Jon share on stage."

"You and Brendon practically kiss on stage! It's not even funny how close you two get!" Jon shouted defensively from the kitchenette, as he poured a cup of coffee.

"Just because he's clingy doesn't mean anything." Now it was Ryan who got defensive.

"He only 'clings' to you, Ryan" Spencer's turn.

"Not true, he's clung to Jon too." Ryan stopped playing with Brendon's hair.

"I of all people should know, and he hasn't." Jon spat as he entered the living room.

"Guys! Look, we get the message! I'm clingy, I usually cling to Ryan, Ryan and I are close. Now, can we please try to get along here, we have a show tonight." Brendon suddenly added his input when he realized just how much the argument was hurting Ryan.

The air had a slightly cold chill to it for an outside concert, yet still, the warm salty beads of perspiration dripped down Brendon's neck and onto his back as the air was filled with the screams of fans and the sound of Camisado.

Brendon shot Ryan a glance as a short musical began and his solo started. And, with the last line being sung by both Brendon and Ryan, the crowd went wild as they got close, mouths almost touching, and share Brendon's microphone.

"Thank you!" Brendon said almost breathless and then went on, "This next and last song is sang by my good friend, Ryan Ross!" Brendon put his head on Ryan's shoulder as he introduced the song.

"We all know this song, right?" Ryan waited for the crowd's response, "Ladies and gentlemen, Behind The Sea."

With that Ryan successfully sang and played the song, continuing into a bridge to a short cover as a thanks. At the very end, Brendon wrapped his arm around Ryan's shoulder and ran off the stage, laughing at the successful show. Jon and Spencer followed quickly, laughing at a joke Ryan and Brendon had missed.

"Good job." Jon said as he patted Ryan's back.

"Don't thank me, this was Brendon's show." Ryan flashed Brendon a wide smiled.

Brendon turned and blew Ryan an overly dramatic and sarcastic kiss and then laughed it off with the group.'If only they knew.' Was all he could think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it.

Comments please?

-brink.