My Guilty Pleasure

Part 4

Part 4

Howie adjusted his tie as he walked down the steps. He walked into the kitchen and saw Isaiah at the table, eating Honey Comb cereal. Katarina had her back to him, she was chopping up some grapefruit. He gave Isaiah a kiss on the head and then put his finger over his mouth, so not to let her know that he was there. Isaiah smiled and nodded.

He walked up to Katarina and hugged her from behind and kissed her neck,”Morning baby”he said into her hair.Katarina moved her arm back to get him off of her,he sighed,”You’re not still mad about last night are you?”

“This morning”she said as she kept cutting up the grapefruit, not looking at him

“Im sorry Kat, what the hell am I supposed to do?”Howie asked. He totally slept it off and hoped that she did the same.

She finished cutting up the fruit and put it into a ziplock bag. “Im upset that we went to sleep mad at each other, you are never supposed to do that.I couldn’t even sleep”she said

“Kat, you stormed off and told me to sleep in the guest room!”he said. He stopped and lowered his voice, he didn’t want to argue in front of Isaiah. “I did what you asked me”

“You should have stopped me”

“Kat, I CANT read minds! I don’t know who told you that I was a mind reader but Im not. I didn’t know that I was supposed to stop you and I didn’t know that I couldn’t go to The Heat last night! Stop playing these games with me Kat. Im only human. I make mistakes”

“Ive noticed”she said,”Come on Isaiah, we are going to be late”

“I was thinking that I could pick him up today”Howie said

“No its fine,I got it”she said

“Are you sure?”he asked her,”I don’t want the incident yesterday to happen again”

She stopped and looked at him,”Oh so you think that I intentionally lost him yesterday?”

Howie sighed,”Goddamn it Kat!”he said. Then he calmed himself down, he was glad that Isaiah already left the room.”That’s not what I meant.I just know that you get stressed-“

“Im fine”she said to him

“Ready Mommy”Isaiah said as he put on his Mickey Mouse backpack.Howie went up to him and hugged him,”Have a good day at school ok?I love you”

“Love you Daddy”he said

Katarina said nothing, she took Isaiah’s hand and started to walk towards the front door.”Kat-“

“Bye Howie”she said sternly, not looking back.

“Oh?Is this when Im supposed to stop you? Don’t count on it!”he said loudly. The only reply he got from that was a slamming door. He stood there for a few minutes, trying to digest what just happened and what was happening to his marriage. He then sighed and walked into the kitchen and made himself a big cup of coffee.

~

Sarai decided to walk to The Heat. On her way there last night she didn’t realize how close it was to her motel. She also felt that if she walked around more she would know how to get around better.

As she walked, she saw an old rickety looking sign saying “Room For Rent”. She stopped and decided to check it out, she still had time. The guy said anytime after noon.

It was a small one story house. Not as nice as the other apartments she looked at but that’s why they were so expensive.She walked up and knocked. The door was opened by some heavy set guy wearing a wifebeater and sweats. “Yeah?”he asked

“I was interested in seeing your room for rent?”she asked him

“You 18?”he asked her

“Yeah”she lied

“You in school?”

“Yeah at Miami University”

“Why don’t you have a dorm there?”he asked her

“Its too expensive and theres too many rules”she said

He nodded,”Well its $500 a month”he said,”Includes everything,the dorm is more expensive than that?”

“No but they are asking for a large….amount up front”Sarai lied. Why was he asking so many questions?”I can do $500 a month”she said

“That’s all I need to hear”he said

“Ok,where do I need to sign?”she asked.

“Havent made the contract yet,come back later”he said and started to close the door

“Wait,can I see the room?”she asked him.She wasn’t paying anything or promising anything if the place looked like shit.

He sighed and got his keys and walked outside and locked the door.

“Its not in the house?”she asked

“Hell no”he said as they walked around the house to the back where there was a smaller building,”One bed, one bath, kitchen area and a little extra space for whatever”he said as he opened the door to the building.

It was very small. There was a small amount of space and there was a small counter that separated that room from the kitchen.She walked down the small hallway and saw the bathroom and the small bedroom that was conjoined to it. The carpets were pretty dirty and it was dark and it smelled a little, like no one lived in it for awhile.It smelled old.This was way different than the apartments she looked at but this was the only one that she could afford.She could probably hook it up.

“Ok I’ll take it”she said

“Not so fast”he said.”Come back later on today or tomorrow.I need to write up the contract”he said,”Then I give you the key and you can do whatever you want to this place”he said

“Ok I will”she said,”My names Sarai Cruz”she said as she held out her hand to shake his

“Roy Jones”he said,a little surprised that she was shaking his hand.He walked out the small house and said,”Ok see you later”he said.

Sarai smiled as she walked back onto the main sidewalk and walked toward The Heat. Shes only been here a few days and she had 2 job offers and found a place already.She couldn’t wait to move in and start decorating.

“You here for the audition?”a guy at the door asked once she got to The Heat.

“Audition?”she asked.She didn’t know that it was an audition.Was she supposed to come prepared?”Um….yeah……yeah”she said

The guy looked at her strangely and opened the door. There were a lot of other girls there. He did say that she could dance well. What kind of dancers was he looking for?

“Hey I remember you”a voice said. It was the owner. “Glad you came out”he said.He picked up a microphone and said,”Ok I need 10 ladies onstage please”

Sarai got onstage with 9 other girls.”Let me introduce myself”he said.”My name is Will Ferguson, I am the owner of The Heat and my new club that’s opening which is called Guilty Pleasures.Im looking for good looking women to work at Guilty Pleasures and sometimes to come over here to The Heat”he said,”Ok stand shoulder to shoulder please”he said.Then Will and some other guys stood there and walked around inspecting them. Some guys even looked up girls skirts.

“Those real?”Will asked a girl with big breasts

“They look real but no they’re not”the girl said with a smile,obviously proud of her bigger “twins”.

Will frowned,”Ok you gotta go.I don’t have fake shit in my clubs”he said,”Im looking for natural beauty ladies”he said.The girl looked at him and stalked off.He finally came up to Sarai,”Whats your name?”

“Sarai Cruz”she said

“Lift up your skirt”Will said

She was wearing a white button down blouse which wasn’t buttoned up much, black suspenders, black tight mini skirt, black knee high socks and some black platformed flats.She tried to be prepared for an interview but wanted to be sexy at the same time.She hiked up her skirt and showed off her black g string.

Will smiled,”Nice….turn around”he said.Sarai turned around slowly,”You got a nice ass.That’s real right?”

“Yeah”she said

“Ok,you stay”he said and smiled.They cut a few more girls.Almost half.There were 6 girls left after their inspection.”Ok I need girls that can move.Don’t do no choreography that you learned off of MTV. Im looking for natural beauty and rhythm”he said.Someone turned on “Lapdance” by NERD.”Dance”he said

Sarai started to move, she loved this song. She moved her hips slowly and made sure to keep eye contact with any guy that seemed important.Then she started to slowly unbutton the rest of her blouse as she dance and revealed her black lacy bra.Some girls saw this and followed her lead.

“Stop”they heard him say.The music stopped and so did they.Will smiled.”Ok I wanna keep you”he said pointing to a red head, a tall black girl, a blonde and then he paused.He looked at Sarai and smiled,”And you”he said to her

Sarai smiled.”Thanks for coming out that’s it”Will said.She smiled and buttoned up her blouse.”When can you start?”he asked her

“Anytime”she said

“Good answer”he said.”Come back here tomorrow night at 9”

“Ok, thanks”she said.She walked out of the club and squealed.God blessed her with good luck because that’s all shes been getting since she got here!She just wished that Jackie could share the luck with her.She headed back to the motel.Once she got back to her room, she collapsed on her bed.She noticed a light blinking out of the corner of her eye.She had a message.Who called her?She picked up the phone and listened to the message

“Hello?This is Katarina Dorough.Im looking for a Sarah Cruz?I know that’s wrong and Im sorry.Um.We really need someone to watch Isaiah.I usually don’t do this…..but I was wondering if you could come by at 5 pm today? My address is 406 Sycamore Drive.Its near the main beach.Our number here at home is 555-7742. Thank you”she said and hung up.

Sarai smiled and listened to the message again and wrote down the address and number.

~

“Damn,this is nice”Sarai said to herself as she got out of the cab. 406 Sycamore Drive looked like a mini mansion. It was a 2 story white house, complete with a nice garden, columns on the porch and palm trees. This house signified success,money and power.What did these people do for a living? This house was probably almost near the million mark.

She walked up the walkway and rang the doorbell.She heard footsteps and saw Katarina open the door,”Hello Sarah”she said,”So nice to see you”

“Its Sarai”she corrected.

Katarina sighed,”Oh I knew that was wrong but I was trying to give myself the benefit of the doubt.I got half of it though”she said as Sarai walked in.Sarai looked around.Nice.

Soon they heard little footsteps.There was Isaiah.”Isaiah?Do you remember this woman?”Katarina asked him

“Yes”he said and smiled at Sarai

“Hi Isaiah”Sarai said

“This is Sarai”Katarina said to him,”Isaiah, can you go upstairs for a little bit? I have to talk to Sarai,its very important”

“Ok”Isaiah said.He smiled and ran upstairs.

Katarina smiled and led her into a dining room area. It had a fireplace and a black leather couch and loveseat. There was a white fur rug in front of the couch. There was a long black dining room table that could seat 10 people.It had black, silver and white decorations on the table. There was also a nice sound system. These people were living high class.

“This is the dining room. We barely use this room. Only for Thanksgiving, Christmas and any special business dinners”she said to her as they walked in.

“Nice”Sarai said

“Thank you again for coming out at the last minute”Katarina said as she sat down on the loveseat. Sarai sat down on the couch.Oooh, it was nice and soft.

“Its fine, really”Sarai said.

“Ok. Um….well as I told you before. We need someone to look after Isaiah while we are at work. I got promoted which means that Im doing a 9-5 instead of staying home during the day.For the past three weeks my husband and I have been running around picking him up and dropping him off. We just don’t have time for it anymore.I mean, sometimes the poor thing has to sit in my office for hours while Im in meetings.I cant worry about my son while Im in these important meetings”she explained

Sarai nodded.

“We haven’t done this sooner because Im….Im very iffy about people.I don’t like strange people in my house or near my son.Lets say Im not very trustworthy”

“I understand”Sarai said.She wouldn’t let anyone in this house if it was hers.

“However, my husband is too trustworthy.Opposites attract I guess.Also, Isaiah is very shy, so shy it scares me sometimes.He doesn’t talk to anyone besides us. He doesn’t really have any friends.I guess he gets that from me. But the other day when he was holding your hand and smiling at you. He felt comfortable with you. I have never seen that. I don’t know what it is. Child’s intuition I guess. That’s why I called you because I have a feeling if I brought in a nanny, there will be a lot of tears shed on his part.But I have a feeling that wont happen with you”she said. Sarai nodded.

“How old are you?”Katarina asked

“18”Sarai lied

“Oh?You look like you are 21”she said

“Yeah I get that a lot”Sarai said

“So, do you go to school around here?”she asked her

“No, I graduated but Im taking a year off.You know, to figure things out”

“You sound just like me”Katarina said,”But that’s smart.School is too expensive to do if you don’t even know what you want to do yet.What are you going to major in?”

She wasn’t going to major in anything.She wasn’t going to college.”I don’t know”

“Well hey, once you figure it out, go ahead and jump in. Explore your options and then sign up. Miami University is really good.That’s my alma mater. You should look into it”

“Ok”

“When you are ready, of course”Katarina said,”So you have experience with kids?”

“Yeah I babysat for about 6 years.That’s how I brought in money in middle and high school”she said.At least that was the truth.

Katarina nodded,”Yep I did a lot of babysitting too.Do you have any siblings?”she asked her

‘Geez, whats up with all the questions?,’she thought.”Nope, only child”

“Me too”Katarina said with a smile,”My husband is the one with the big family”

“What do you do?”Sarai asked her.She was sick of her asking questions.

Katarina looked at her with surprise,”Oh Im an interior decorator. I decorate luxury homes and with this new job I also decorate the 5 star hotels.Im currently working on Fairfield now”

“You decorated here?”Sarai asked her

“Yeah.I did all the decorating actually.That’s how I got my first job, I had one of my business dinners here and when they saw the house and learned that I did it. I was hired. Been working hard ever since”

“You got lucky”Sarai said.

“You can say that”Katarina said with a smile

“So your husband didn’t decorate?”

“Nope.Hes not into that stuff.Still isn’t”she said as she fidgeted a little

“What does he do?”Sarai asked

“Hes a lawyer”she said simply.

Sarai smiled.Yep, that’s why they were rich. She wanted to marry a lawyer one day and have a house like this. No kids though.

Katarina cleared her throat.”But um, if you cant give me an answer today that’s fine. But we really need someone fast, fast meaning starting tomorrow. I mean we cant take much more of this stress and running around.I mean everytime he walks off, it just drives me crazy”she said

“I bet”she said

“Basically. If you are available to work between 12-6pm,Monday through Friday, that would be great”Katarina said

Sarai nodded, not too bad.”How much will I get paid?”

“Oh, that is important isn’t it?”Katarina asked.”How about we start off with $150 a week?How does that sound?”

“That’s fine”Sarai nodded. She was going to take anything now.She had a room to pay for.

Katarina smiled and shook her hand.”Thank you so much! I swear to God you are an angel, Sarah. I mean this takes so much weight off of my shoulders”

“Your welcome and its Sarai”Sarai said

“Oh! Did I say your name wrong again? Im sorry”Katarina said,”I’ll get it right one day I promise.Um, do you want a tour?You are gonna need to know where everything is”

“Yeah”Sarai agreed. She wanted to see the rest of this place. Maybe she could get some ideas for decorating her place once she moved in.They walked into a conjoining room which was a nice big ass kitchen.”Wow”she said

“I know I love this kitchen.I feel like Emeril when I cook in here”Katarina said,”New state of the art stuff”she said.”But yeah this is the kitchen”she said,”Oh! Let me bring Isaiah down here”Katarina said as she ran upstairs.

Sarai looked around the kitchen. She looked at the silver fridge. It even had a small flat screen tv in the door! Then she heard the front door close. “Im home” came a male voice. Sarai smiled, the non decorating lawyer was home.

She turned around and saw him walk into the kitchen and she gasped. It was the hot guy from the club!