An Arrow to My Chest

Who Lived In the Forest

“Just give us the fucking key!” Ray Scarlett yells at the rich guy, while I continue to pound a sharp rock against the chest.

The rich guy just stares viciously back at Ray Scarlett. He’s still tied up, but is now sitting on a large log with no blindfold. I throw the rock to the ground. I try to breathe slowly – to calm down – but I can’t take it. This guy is starting to drive me crazy.

“You will gain nothing by opening that chest,” the rich guy snarls through his clenched teeth.
I get up and cross the distance between us. I grab a hold of his loose shirt and pulls his face close to my own as I lean forward to get down to his level.

“Give me the fucking key, or I shall gut you like the pathetic little rich coward you are.” He shows no sign of fear.

“Then gut me, you outlaw. I have nothing that you could need.” I hate my mind for denying that comment.

“Then you should have no problem with us opening the chest,” I yell. Our eyes keep staring at each other, and I feel nothing but venom for the guy.

The guy doesn’t answer. I let go of his shirt and pushes him back. He falls. I smirk.

“Food,” Little Bob announces and brings a pan of beans and eggs. I’m not that crazy about eggs, but at least there’s no meat.

Yup, Robin Hood the vegetarian. Crazy world we live in.

-----

I make sure the horse is properly tied to the tree, before I climb up the rope-ladder. I walk to my room and close the door – which is nothing but a big, brown cloth. Oh, yeah – another place we use burlap!

I step over the rich guy before I throw myself on my bed – made out of hay and wool. And wool is completely okay for me to have, because no animals are hurt in order to get it!
And, oh yeah, the rich guys is still tied up. The same way. Little Bob carried him up here, with a little help from Ray Scarlett. I just supervised. I’m good at that.

I glance over the guy lying on his side on the floor. I’m sure he’s got rope burns by now, but fuck it. Karma again.

I’ve also tied him to a branch that’s sticking out from the tree trunk. Our house is build around a huge oak – three rooms plus a balcony that circles the tree way up high. In the winter it’s slightly exposed, but we still manage to stay unseen. It’s quite far from the main road of the forest, and we never walk on the same path more than trice. This way, we avoid leaving any tracks.

The rich guy groans. I ignore him as I close my eyes and fall asleep. Pillaging is quite tiring.

-----

I wake up by a load thud, followed by Ray Scarlett’s yelling.

“Fucking piece of fucking junk!!” He sounds really mad. I keep my eyes closed as I hear him stomp. I know he’ll be in my room soon.

I hear the cloth being ripped aside and Ray Scarlett stomping into my room. I only smirk.

“You give me that fucking key right this second, or I’ll knock your fucking face in!!” I slowly open my eyes. Ray Scarlett’s got a firm grip on the rich guy’s loose, black shirt. Ray Scarlett’s face is deep red.

“Ray Scarlett,” I say softly and light – almost making it sound like a question.

Suddenly Ray Scarlett just pulls his fist back before pounding it against the rich guys face. I’m a little taken aback. Ray Scarlett usually has a bit of a problem with his temper, but this is way out of the ordinary. He’s never hit me for example – only thrown knives at me – even when I’ve annoyed him for days.

And, to my big surprise, one punch is enough. Either this rich guy is really weak, or Ray Scarlett’s been working on his muscles during the winter.

“Wow,” is all I can say. I’m still barely awake. Ray Scarlett obviously is. He turns around.

“Why the fuck did we take this guy with us? He’s the most annoying, stubborn person I’ve ever met.” Ray Scarlett yells. His face is slowly losing its deep red color.

“Next to you of course.” He says a bit more calm and waves a hand at me. I smirk slightly, before I get to my feet.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get the key from him.” I pat Ray Scarlett’s shoulder, before I walk out into the dewy, fresh morning air. I stretch my arms over my head, as I yawn so big that I have to close my eyes.

“Just keep him away from me until you do, ‘kay?” Ray Scarlett walks past me, not even waiting for an answer. He usually gets what he wants – even from me.

I turn around and walk back into my room. The rich guy is still lying unconscious and tied up. I walk over and kneel in front of him. I pull his shirt aside to see if he’s wearing a necklace with the key. Nope. I stick my hand down the right pocket of his tight – tight – black jeans. Nothing. Neither in the other pocket. While I still got my hand down his left pocket, he suddenly moans softly.

I stifle. I look up at his face with my eyes practically bulging out of my head.

His eyes are still closed, but he’s got a slight smirk on his face.

“Dude?” I ask shyly. He doesn’t respond. He’s still passed out.

I slowly move my hand out of his pocket, when he suddenly moans again – this time moving his hips a bit. My breath catches in my throat, and I forget to catch it for a few seconds. My eyes slowly move down his body – taking in his open shirt and pale chest – before I look at the bulge in his pants. I suddenly remember how to breathe and gasp. My own ‘Little Frank’ aighn’t exactly keeping still. I swallow hard. I can feel a bead of sweat tickle down my temple. Why the fuck do I feel like this? Why am I so nervous? I could totally take advantage of him – turn him gay if I could. But… Oh shit, I’m falling for a law-follower. I’m falling for a good guy! I’m seriously and badly falling for… a friend of Prince Jon! Shit!

I pull my hand out of his pants and practically run out of my room. I use the rope to get down faster, and even though it aighn’t my horse and I haven’t ridden one in… a long time, I jump on the full blooded beast and kick its sides. What the fuck am I doing?